Windows 10: Windows 10: Tiles don't stay where I put them in the Start menu.

Discus and support Windows 10: Tiles don't stay where I put them in the Start menu. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The tiles in my Start menu never stay in one place. They slide far down below the taskbar and I have to scroll down to fish them out.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Daddy-Tang, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10: Tiles don't stay where I put them in the Start menu.

The tiles in my Start menu never stay in one place. They slide far down below the taskbar and I have to scroll down to fish them out.

:)

Daddy-Tang, Oct 7, 2019

2. Windows 9 start menu in action

The only real usage issues with Windows 8/8.1 are the Start screen and Charms bar. Luckily they're doing away with the Charms bar and they've brought back the traditional Start menu, but with tiles.

I liked the tiles, but the fact that it needed a whole screen was not very productive unlike Windows 7.

Cheeseball, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu all apps / tiles missing

So I woke my computer up from sleep last night and this is what I was welcomed with:

Windows 10: Tiles don't stay where I put them in the Start menu. [​IMG]

All of a sudden my start menu had no apps listed and no live tiles to speak of. So I did my googleing and I found this microsoft answer page: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-b988cd6da49a

I tried every step in their. After all said and done, I got installed programs to show up, but the live tiles that usually show to the right did not come back. I was ok with that, thinking I would work on this today and find a solution to that problem.

I just woke up the computer again from sleep and the start menu is blank AGAIN. Before this started happening last night, I have not installed any new software nor has windows ran any updates.

I'm at a loss. I tried system recovery and to roll back to a few days prior, but I keep getting an error after recovery is attempted stating that windows recovery wasn't able to fully complete due to a certain file (i can retry recovery and post picture of error if needed).

So any suggestions on whats my next step? I thought maybe I had a malware issue, but II have avast and malware antibytes installed and they showed no hits when the scans where run.

Any suggestions or guidance is greatly appreciated. Hope you all have a Great Turkey Day!

PS, I have to work today from 4pm to 6am, so If I do not reply right away I apologize.

Dalumberjack03, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Windows 10: Tiles don't stay where I put them in the Start menu.

Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10: Tiles don't stay where I put them in the Start menu.

1. Windows 10: Tiles don't stay where I put them in the Start menu. - Similar Threads - Tiles don't stay

2. Win 10: where are pinned tiles in start menu located?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10: where are pinned tiles in start menu located?: With Win10 pro 21H2 I found that a pinned tile in start menu is broken no icon, though it works as a link. It is the Edge tile to be precise, and the broken icon occurred after a restore system. The rest is ok. Work done:The same broken icon of Edge was also in the taskbar....
  3. Win 10: where are pinned tiles in start menu located?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10: where are pinned tiles in start menu located?: With Win10 pro 21H2 I found that a pinned tile in start menu is broken no icon, though it works as a link. It is the Edge tile to be precise, and the broken icon occurred after a restore system. The rest is ok. Work done:The same broken icon of Edge was also in the taskbar....
  4. Win 10: where are pinned tiles in start menu located?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles

Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles: I have just had a Windows 10 Update 1st May 2021 and my People App tile has disappeared from the Start screen. It is not even listed in the alphabetical list of Apps. But I can still access People from the email account and the Calendar App. Is there any way I can get the...
  6. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles

Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles: Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles I had a Windows update yesterday Saturday 14 November 2020. There is now no longer any background colour on most of the tiles on the Start menu. Most of them are now just a white background with black text. Looking at Settings,...
  7. Start menu/tile screen stays on

Start menu/tile screen stays on: Ever since the latest Edge update I did on 6/20/20 the start/tile screen stays on after you click on one of the tiles. It used to disappear after you clicked on a tile. If you move the cursor outside the start screen and click, than the start screen will disappear. It never...
  8. Tiles and where to copy them..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tiles and where to copy them..: First of all i have several Tiles on my desktop ,and where do I copy them so they show up in the start menu in Windows 10. Also how do I nest tiles and put shortcuts in the last ones? I can't find any info on this! John...
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles

Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles: Hi Team, I need to remove the Windows 10 Start Menu all the Tiles for particular domain user only through registry value. Please suggest the same. Regards Natarajan...
  10. Desktop Icons won't stay where I put them

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons won't stay where I put them: I like to position all my desktop icons in a custom order, but since I took my PC into the Geeks to remove a suspected virus, my desktop icons keep returning to default positions upon restart or refresh. I've experimented with unchecking grid and align options, and even...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tiles wont stay on start menu

2. windows remain where I put them