Windows 10: Windows 10 - Time Never Gets Set Automatically

Discus and support Windows 10 - Time Never Gets Set Automatically in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I live in Australia. I have Windows 10. Windows is successfully activated. I have multiple custom built desktops. Since Windows XP, Windows have never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kruddler2017, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Windows 10 - Time Never Gets Set Automatically

I live in Australia. I have Windows 10. Windows is successfully activated. I have multiple custom built desktops. Since Windows XP, Windows have never set the time automatically on most of the my desktops. It does however set time on laptops automatically. When I go in to settings and turn on the switch "Set time automatically", it sits there spinning for many minutes, eventually times out, and never sets the time. I'd say that I'm stunned that Microsoft has never been able to get this right, but it's literally been going on ever since Microsoft introduced the feature in Windows XP.

Windows 10 - Time Never Gets Set Automatically [​IMG]

:)

Kruddler2017, Nov 6, 2017
  2. Rogue1618 Win User

Windows 10: Daylight Saving Time Adjustment not working

With the recent DST change, I had to turn off the Setting, "Adjust for daylight saving time automatically," to get my Windows 10 clock right.

I never had to do this with previous Windows. Is something broken?

Rogue1618, Nov 6, 2017
  3. Win 10 Set Time Automatically Changes time AND Date

Hello,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. We will help you.

In the Date and Time Settings dialog box, do one or more of the following:

• To change the hour, double-click the hour, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the minutes, double-click the minutes, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the seconds, double-click the seconds, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• When you have finished changing the time settings, click OK.

• To change the time zone, click Change time zone.

• In the Time Zone Settings dialog box, click your current time zone in the drop-down list, and then click
      OK.
    Also I suggest you to check the below steps to change the time using the command prompt.

• Right click on Start and select the
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type the word "time". Type a space, and enter the new time in the following format:
    • HH:MM:SS AM/PM. For example, time 5:34:00 PM, time 12:15:00 AM, etc.
    • Press enter or return.
    Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 6, 2017
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Windows 10 - Time Never Gets Set Automatically

Let's try this.... Start, Search, type "Control Panel". Make sure large icons are shown to display the whole control panel. Click Date and Time.

Click the Internet Time tab, and then click Change settings. Make sure the "Synchronize with an internet time server" box is checked, and click Update now. If that doesn't work. Click the Server drop down box and choose a different server and do the same... click Update now. Click OK / Apply to close out.

You can also change your time zone if need...

Lastly, and this may be a CMOS battery issue as well, but go into your BIOS and make sure both Time and Date are correct. If you find you're having to change this often, you may need a new CMOS battery (the coin looking battery on the motherboard).

Let us know.

sygnus21, Nov 6, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 - Time Never Gets Set Automatically

1. Windows 10 - Time Never Gets Set Automatically - Similar Threads - Never Gets Set

2. my automatic location setting is on and settings for set time automatically is on but time...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my automatic location setting is on and settings for set time automatically is on but time...: I traveled recently to PST but Time Zone now is EST and I am in MST. I turned computer off and on and toggled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-automatic-location-setting-is-on-and-settings/c370ae8a-f14e-443d-9ab8-87dfb31996a5
  3. my automatic location setting is on and settings for set time automatically is on but time...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my automatic location setting is on and settings for set time automatically is on but time...: I traveled recently to PST but Time Zone now is EST and I am in MST. I turned computer off and on and toggled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-automatic-location-setting-is-on-and-settings/c370ae8a-f14e-443d-9ab8-87dfb31996a5
  4. my automatic location setting is on and settings for set time automatically is on but time...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Setting Time Automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Time Automatically: Every time I restart my PC the time is wrong. I have to manually click "sync now" every time which has no problem setting the correct time. "set time automatically" and "set time zone automatically" are switched on. The bios is set correctly, the Cmos battery is fairly new,...
  6. Setting Time Automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Time Automatically: Every time I restart my PC the time is wrong. I have to manually click "sync now" every time which has no problem setting the correct time. "set time automatically" and "set time zone automatically" are switched on. The bios is set correctly, the Cmos battery is fairly new,...
  7. Setting Time Automatically

8. set time automatically

set time automatically: I have internet connection but cant set the time zone automatically through wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-time-automatically/57edbcd4-906e-479f-b703-ebd65cbae1ed
  9. Windows 10 Automatic Time Setting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Automatic Time Setting: I made a fresh Windows 10 installation (Upon previous install, after system crash). I noticed that the automatic time setting is not functioning at all. I did the following: 1. Checked that the Windows Time service is active. 2. Tried several NTP time servers. In all...
  10. set time automatically windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    set time automatically windows 10: Hi, I am using windows 10 and have trouble with the time setting. Everytime the pc was off or asleep, the time is wrong (usually 1.5-2h behind, but not a sharp "timezone shift"). I use the setting Date&time\Set time automatically: on . (The additional settings (time...