Windows 10: Windows 10 Time Zone keeps changing to US Eastern time

Discus and support Windows 10 Time Zone keeps changing to US Eastern time in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since Windows 10 last update a few days ago, my computer time keeps changing to US Eastern time, even though I haven't moved from GMT. Google calendar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HughSpeechly, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Time Zone keeps changing to US Eastern time

Since Windows 10 last update a few days ago, my computer time keeps changing to US Eastern time, even though I haven't moved from GMT. Google calendar still shows the correct time, but not MS Outlook calendar. I've tried a range of solutions but it always goes back to the wrong tome zone within a few minutes.

:)

HughSpeechly, Nov 16, 2020

2. time zone keeps changing to brussels time instead of eastern time.

time zone keeps changing to brussels time instead of eastern time. I've changed it at the time settings and even gone back to BIOS settings at start-up, but it keeps happening. I ran anti-virus as well.

Cathy Nenninger (cnenninger), Nov 16, 2020
  3. Time Zone Keeps Changing - Windows 10 - Laptop

My time zone is Eastern (U.S.). My laptop clock keeps changing to the Amsterdam time zone.

yourmomchoselife, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Ellen22 Win User

Windows 10 Time Zone keeps changing to US Eastern time

Unable to change the time zone in Windows 10

I'm running Windows 10 Pro. My time zone is Jerusalem, but I need to change it to Eastern to test a program I'm working on.

The time zone won't change. I have tried:

• From the clock/calendar, when I change it - it changes back.
    • From Control Panel - Date and Time, "Change time zone..." - when I click save I get the message "Error occurred - your changes could not be saved."
    • As the Built-in Administrator from the command line using tzutil - I get the message "Insufficient privileges to set the current time zone."

The registry key TimeZoneInformation has Full Control for Administrators

Administrators are listed in the Local Security Setting "Change the Time Zone"

Any suggestions?

Ellen22, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Time Zone keeps changing to US Eastern time

1. Windows 10 Time Zone keeps changing to US Eastern time - Similar Threads - Zone keeps changing

2. Time zone keeps changing to Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time zone keeps changing to Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone.: My Windows 10 PC rebooted last night update?. It now wants to place me in the Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone. I had to turn off the automated setting for the time zone to fix this. Please advise...
  3. Time zone keeps changing to Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time zone keeps changing to Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone.: My Windows 10 PC rebooted last night update?. It now wants to place me in the Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone. I had to turn off the automated setting for the time zone to fix this. Please advise...
  4. Time zone keeps changing to Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Time zone keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time zone keeps changing: I recently moved to Nevada from Ohio. My laptop keeps bouncing between Pacific and Eastern time. Before you say "disable set time automatically" I am well aware that I can do that. The question is how I make it so that Windows 11 functions properly. Disabling an automatic...
  6. Time zone keeps changing

Time zone keeps changing: I recently moved to Nevada from Ohio. My laptop keeps bouncing between Pacific and Eastern time. Before you say "disable set time automatically" I am well aware that I can do that. The question is how I make it so that Windows 11 functions properly. Disabling an automatic...
  7. Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern: I am running Windows 11 Pro, Version 22H2. After a recent Windows Update withiin the last week this problem started happening: I am located in UTC-05:00 Eastern Time US & Canada, however, with Adjust Time Zone Automatically turned on, my computer keeps reverting to UTC-08:00...
  8. Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern

Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern: I am running Windows 11 Pro, Version 22H2. After a recent Windows Update withiin the last week this problem started happening: I am located in UTC-05:00 Eastern Time US & Canada, however, with Adjust Time Zone Automatically turned on, my computer keeps reverting to UTC-08:00...
  9. Time Zone Keeps Changing

Time Zone Keeps Changing: Hi, my time zone keeps changing to ET I'm CT even when I do detect time zone automatically or when I set it to central manually. - This has been happening since I purchased the laptop a pretty much brand new lenovo thinkpad carbon x1 w/ windows 10 - Switching detect time...
  10. Time Zone keeps changing

Time Zone keeps changing: I live in Ireland and my time zone is in GMT. My pc thinks otherwise and every time I change it back to GMT it keeps putting the time zone to Pacific Time . When I went to services.msc, I found Windows time and then changed the startup type from disabled to Automatic. Then I...