Windows 10: Windows 10 time zone keeps resetting to Pacific Time when set to manual

Discus and support Windows 10 time zone keeps resetting to Pacific Time when set to manual in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I saw other posts discussing this issue, but was unable to find an appropriate resolution. I recently reloaded Windows 10 on this system yesterday.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FamilyHyde, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 time zone keeps resetting to Pacific Time when set to manual

I saw other posts discussing this issue, but was unable to find an appropriate resolution. I recently reloaded Windows 10 on this system yesterday. It is set to obtain the time automatically, but set time zone manually. I am unable to set the time zone to UTC-06:00 Central as each time I change it, it reverts back to UTC-08:00 Pacific. I have tried switching the automatic options on/off, restarting the pc, and checking the BIOS clock. Nothing has resolved the issue. Each time I set the time zone to UTC-06:00 Central, it immediately switches itself back to UTC-08:00 Pacific. Utilizing the automatic time zone setting doesn't resolve the issue either. It still stays set to UTC-08:00 Pacific.

Thank you for any help to resolve this problem.

:)

FamilyHyde, Sep 12, 2020
  2. CFugate Win User

Windows 10 resetting to Pacific Time

I have a Windows 10 PC. Every time I reboot it, it automatically resets to Pacific Time. I am Central Time. Even when I manually change the time zone to Central, and close out the settings window, it automatically changes. EVen when I manually change the
    time zone, then reset the time zone and reset Windows, it still resets. Please help me out

CFugate, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Time zone resets to Pacific automatically

I am unable to change my time zone via the Windows Settings tool. Every time I select the dropdown window for changing the time zone, it opens and allows me to select my new time zone, but does not update or change anything. I am able to manually modify
    my time but not my time zone. When I close and reopen the settings window for Date and Time, it has reverted to Pacific Time. Attempts to get my time from PowerShell have shown that it is stuck in Pacific time zone and does not change when I select a new time
    zone. Enabling Windows Time has not helped either. A scan of my device has shown that it was not in any way corrupted.

I am running the most updated version of Windows 10 Home and my location settings are disabled. Enabling my location has not resolved the problem.

DoDisplayNamesEvenMatter, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 time zone keeps resetting to Pacific Time when set to manual

Time zone resets to Pacific automatically

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to set the correct time zone on the PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?
    • Are you logged in to the PC as an Administrator user?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to refer the below steps to re-register windows time service.

1. Click on Start menu and type
      CMD, right click on CMD and select Run as Administrator.
    2. Copy and paste the command and press Enter:
      w32tm /register
    3. Restart the PC and then try setting the time Zone

Also, we would suggest you to check the Windows time service.

1. Press Window + R key and type
      services.msc, click OK
    2. Scroll down and select
      Windows time
      service
    3. Double click on the service and set the
      Startup type to Automatic
    4. Then Start the service.

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account for troubleshooting purpose and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 time zone keeps resetting to Pacific Time when set to manual

1. Windows 10 time zone keeps resetting to Pacific Time when set to manual - Similar Threads - zone keeps resetting

2. Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern: I am running Windows 11 Pro, Version 22H2. After a recent Windows Update withiin the last week this problem started happening: I am located in UTC-05:00 Eastern Time US & Canada, however, with Adjust Time Zone Automatically turned on, my computer keeps reverting to UTC-08:00...
  3. Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern: I am running Windows 11 Pro, Version 22H2. After a recent Windows Update withiin the last week this problem started happening: I am located in UTC-05:00 Eastern Time US & Canada, however, with Adjust Time Zone Automatically turned on, my computer keeps reverting to UTC-08:00...
  4. My time zone keeps getting reset to pacific time every time I restart my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My time zone keeps getting reset to pacific time every time I restart my computer: I have already tried changing the time manually, tried changing the time-zones in the control panel, checked Event Viewer to see if an application was resetting the time zone there wasn't, and saw that windows time is already set to automatic when checking Services. I changed...
  5. My time zone keeps getting reset to pacific time every time I restart my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My time zone keeps getting reset to pacific time every time I restart my computer: I have already tried changing the time manually, tried changing the time-zones in the control panel, checked Event Viewer to see if an application was resetting the time zone there wasn't, and saw that windows time is already set to automatic when checking Services. I changed...
  6. My time zone keeps getting reset to pacific time every time I restart my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. time keeps changing to pacific time.

time keeps changing to pacific time.: I live in australia and my clock keeps changing to Pacific time, US and Canada. It doesn't let me change it even if I try. syncing does nothing. Please help!...
  8. Time zone resets to Pacific automatically

Time zone resets to Pacific automatically: I am unable to change my time zone via the Windows Settings tool. Every time I select the dropdown window for changing the time zone, it opens and allows me to select my new time zone, but does not update or change anything. I am able to manually modify my time but not my...
  9. Timezone on Windows keeps resetting to Pacific time.

Timezone on Windows keeps resetting to Pacific time.: When I first built this computer, I realized the time wasn't set correctly so I went into settings to fix it. I saw that the timezone was set to pacific time although I'm in central time. I tried changing the timezone, but nothing changed. I tried some other things in...
  10. Windows 10 resetting to Pacific Time

Windows 10 resetting to Pacific Time: I have a Windows 10 PC. Every time I reboot it, it automatically resets to Pacific Time. I am Central Time. Even when I manually change the time zone to Central, and close out the settings window, it automatically changes. EVen when I manually change the time zone, then reset...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to set timezone in windows 10 keeps resetting