Windows 10: Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity

Discus and support Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have set everything to either never or an extremely long time and ive done the windows power troubleshooter twice, it doesn't happen on any other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Phoize, Mar 5, 2022.

1. Phoize Win User

Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity

I have set everything to either never or an extremely long time and ive done the windows power troubleshooter twice, it doesn't happen on any other account on my computer.It doesn't matter which power plan I'm on including one that I made, and I've changed all of the settings to never timeout, including the hidden system unattended sleep timeout, I've also turned off screen saver so that isn't interfering. Ive seen others post this issue but when I tried what worked for them it did nothing. So as far as I know and from what I could find there's nothing else for me to try so I'm stumped.

:)

Phoize, Mar 5, 2022

2. Windows 10 (sometimes) goes to sleep after only 2 minutes of inactivity

Hello Mark,

Your screensaver might be one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep every time the computer is inactive. It is possible that the idle time is set every 2 minutes. Having said that, you can try adjusting the waiting time by following the
    steps below and see if it makes any difference:

• Go to Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Screen Saver at the bottom right.
    • Adjust the waiting time and hit Apply.

If the issue persists, we recommend trying the suggestions posted by Aleksandr 10 in this
    thread. Most of the Community users found his suggestions
    helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Mar 5, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Logging off under 2 minutes of inactivity

Hi,

I realize that the computer is logging off if it is under 2 minutes of inactivity. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Is the issue specific to this user account?
    You may run the Power troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting”.

• Click on “View all” and select “Power”.
    Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter completely. Once this is done, restart the computer and check the status.

Further you may also follow these steps to reset all default power plans to default settings:

• Open a command prompt.

• In the command prompt, type “powercfg –restoredefaultschemes” and press Enter.

• Close the command prompt.
    Remember to restart the computer to check if that helps.

Keep us updated to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 5, 2022
  4. Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity

Windows 10 times out after 1 minute of inactivity

Hi Heidi,

Please let us know the make and model of your device.

I suggest you to perform the method below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter

Power troubleshooter find and fix problems with your computer's power settings to conserve power and extent battery life

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar on the desktop and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Power”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Method 2:

After running the troubleshooter, set up Screen time out settings to required time and check.

Follow the Steps below.

1. Right click Desktop and select Personalization.

2. Click on Lock Screen and select Screen time out settings.

3. You can change to the required time in the drop down under Screen.

I suggest you to download and install the latest Chipset drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Please get back to us with of the issue in regards with
    times out after 1 minute of inactivity the results and any other questions you might have regarding Windows operating system. We are happy to assist.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Mar 5, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity

1. Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity - Similar Threads - times minute inactivity

2. Screen turning off then locking after one minute of inactivity even when screen time out is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen turning off then locking after one minute of inactivity even when screen time out is...: My screen turns off after one minute of inactivity then returns to my lock screen. I have changed the screen timeout settings to 'never' for both when the laptop is plugged in and when it is running on battery power.i have tried changing the time out mode to 30 minutes when...
  3. Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity: I have set everything to either never or an extremely long time and ive done the windows power troubleshooter twice, it doesn't happen on any other account on my computer.It doesn't matter which power plan I'm on including one that I made, and I've changed all of the settings...
  4. Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 times out after a minute or 2 of inactivity: I have set everything to either never or an extremely long time and ive done the windows power troubleshooter twice, it doesn't happen on any other account on my computer.It doesn't matter which power plan I'm on including one that I made, and I've changed all of the settings...
  5. Microsoft Windows 10 screen 2 minute timeout inactivity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Windows 10 screen 2 minute timeout inactivity: Since using Windows 10, my issue has been inactive window even desktop after screen display times out after 2 minutes of inactivity. After the display times out, I wake my PC by pressing any key or moving the mouse. Then I am presented w/my password on Windows Lockscreen....
  6. [SOLVED] Windows 10 machines locking out after 2 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [SOLVED] Windows 10 machines locking out after 2 minutes of inactivity: Hello, I've been working on in-place windows 10 upgrades on some machines, and only some users are reporting that they are experiencing lock outs after only 1-2 minutes of inactivity. On the previous windows version, windows 7, this has not been an issue. So far I've...
  7. Windows 10 machines locking out after 2 minutes of inactivity

Windows 10 machines locking out after 2 minutes of inactivity: Hello, I've been working on in-place windows 10 upgrades on some machines, and only some users are reporting that they are experiencing lock outs after only 1-2 minutes of inactivity. On the previous windows version, windows 7, this has not been an issue. So far I've...
  8. laptop hard drive turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity with external monitor, all times...

laptop hard drive turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity with external monitor, all times...: Hi, my laptop keeps going to sleep mode after only 2 minutes of inactivity when connected to an external monitor. I have Windows 10 Home, and in my power and sleep settings all of the turn off times are set to 30 minutes, same as in the advanced power settings. Also, it makes...
  9. time out and have to re log in even after 2 minutes

time out and have to re log in even after 2 minutes: when I stop typing even for 2 minutes...my computer goes to sleep....I have to re-log in everytime. It is a pain, Help. I have adjusted all settings to never....
  10. Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity: I recently updated from Window 8.1 to Windows 10. The upgrade went fairly well except for my laptop monitor turning off after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity. I have changed all power settings to appropriate times. At times, normally after a fresh restart, my screen saver kicks...