Windows 10: Windows 10 tip: Access symbols, emojis, and other special characters

Discus and support Windows 10 tip: Access symbols, emojis, and other special characters in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Entering special characters, including foreign currency symbols, fractions, and emoji, is a cumbersome task on most physical keyboards. Use this hidden... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by hTconeM9user, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Windows 10 tip: Access symbols, emojis, and other special characters

Entering special characters, including foreign currency symbols, fractions, and emoji, is a cumbersome task on most physical keyboards. Use this hidden Windows 10 option to open an on-screen keyboard that puts all those options at your fingertips.

By Ed Bott for The Ed Bott Report | March 2, 2016 -- 12:14 GMT (12:14 GMT) | Topic: Windows 10

Entering special characters in Windows can be inconvenient if those characters aren't supported directly by your desktop or laptop keyboard. In earlier versions of Windows, your only options are to memorize ANSI codes (which require a numeric keypad to enter) or to use an external utility.

With Windows 10, there's an easier option: Use the touch keyboard. Don't be fooled by that name.
    The touch keyboard responds just fine to mouse clicks.
    This keyboard appears automatically if you're using a touchscreen-equipped Windows 10 PC in Tablet PC mode.
    Here's how to make sure it's at the ready even if you're using a conventional PC without a touchscreen.

Right-click any empty space on the taskbar to open the taskbar customization menu and then click the Show touch keyboard button option.

That action immediately adds a new button just to the left of the clock on the right side of the taskbar.
    Click that button while working in any desktop program or Windows 10 app to slide up the on-screen keyboard.
    Here are a few things you can do:
    • Click any letter or symbol to see variations of that letter, including those with accents and diacritical marks.
    On the symbols layout, for example, click and hold the 1/2 symbol to see eight additional fractions.
    • Click the button labeled &123 to change from the standard QWERTY layout to one filled with symbols.
    Use the right and left arrows just above that button to display a second screen full of symbols, including symbols for the Euro and British Pound on a U.S. English configuration.
    • Click the smiley face to display a keyboard layout filled with emojis and emoticons.
    Use the icons to the right to change to different groups of emojis, each of which has additional layouts available using the left and right arrow below Tab.

Click anywhere outside the keyboard or resume typing on your physical keyboard to hide the touch keyboard.

Source
    https://www.tenforums.com/newthread.p...ewthread&f=115

:)

hTconeM9user, Mar 1, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Does On-Screen Keyboard work on all Windows 10 devices

Any functionality that works on Windows 10 On-Screen Keyboard will also work on the Windows 10 Mobile version also.

For further information, Click HERE for an article on the use of the On-Screen Keyboard

I hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Mar 1, 2016
  3. Emoji in Windows 10

I know you can insert Emoji in Windows 10 using the onscreen keyboard and clicking the emoji face.

However, the emoji character set in Windows looks really, really, really bad. Just go to Emojipedia — Home of Emoji Meanings and click through the categories, then do the same thing on an Android or iPhone to see what I mean. Is there any way to change the emoji character
    set in Windows? There are apps in the Google Play store for Android that can replace the emoji character set with others.

Is there any way to get a similar experience in Windows?

Darkforcesjedi, Mar 1, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 tip: Access symbols, emojis, and other special characters

1. Windows 10 tip: Access symbols, emojis, and other special characters - Similar Threads - tip Access symbols

2. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    special character is not working: i am supporting couple companies and recetly have lot of issue with my users , the sepcial characters is not working and mostly users passwrd are include these characters and they cant log into their softwares and their account get locked , mostly after a reboot it back to...
  3. Emoji's and symbol's broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Emoji's and symbol's broken: So one day my audio wasn't working and i fixed it with the trouble shooter but then some emoji's and symbol's become this weird square shape please help me fix this here's an image as an example [ATTACH]...
  4. How to insert text symbols and special characters in windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to insert text symbols and special characters in windows: I want to know is there any way to insert text symbols and special characters in windows 10? As we can type emoji with shortcut key of Windows+. Is there any similar shortcut key for symbols as well, where we can type symbols along with the text? Thank you....
  5. How to type text symbols and special characters in windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to type text symbols and special characters in windows: I want to know is there any way to type text symbols and special characters in windows 10? As we can type emoji with shortcut key of Windows+. Is there any similar shortcut key for symbols as well, where we can type symbols along with the text? Thank you....
  6. Rather annoying that Windows has the feature to add special characters/emoji keyboard, but...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rather annoying that Windows has the feature to add special characters/emoji keyboard, but...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tomjarvis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/inmlsj/rather_annoying_that_windows_has_the_feature_to/
  7. Find symbols/special characters in Windows 10 !!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Find symbols/special characters in Windows 10 !!!: Windows 10 lets us search for emojis by bringing the Emoji panel (WIN + .) and typing the emoji name. But why doesn’t it let us search for symbols? It has a Symbols panel and zillions of special characters in it. But I never manage to find the symbol I'm looking for...
  8. Special characters in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Special characters in Windows 10?: Where is the program that shows special characters with their Alt keys? 148825
  9. special character ¥

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    special character ¥: I usually use three languages, English, Traditional Chinese and Japanese. And I, always, need to type the specail character "¥" using the keyboard combination of [ALT]165, but this cannot be done using English language keyboard, it will return a "?", only when I switch to...
  10. Special characters in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Special characters in Win10: Hi, we have a bit of a weird issue with special characters. (kind of hard to explain but I`ll try) We are currently running a Win10 pilot, and the users are saying that the special characters, like é and õ, differs from Windows 7, even though the language input (norwegian) is...