Windows 10: Windows 10 Title Bar Font in RDP

Discus and support Windows 10 Title Bar Font in RDP in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have had this problem intermittently that drives me crazy. I have a remote machine we'll call "A" that is running Windows 10 it has 3 displays all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnMiller31, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Title Bar Font in RDP

I have had this problem intermittently that drives me crazy. I have a remote machine we'll call "A" that is running Windows 10 it has 3 displays all of the same resolution. If I use RDP to get into that machine from another Windows 10 machine "B" with a screen of the same resolution as "A" actually the exact same model of monitor everything seems fine. However if I get disconnected sometimes when I connect back to the "A" from "B" the font on the title bar on some applications is now huge compared to what it was.

If I logoff or reboot "A" then connect again the font is back to normal. I first noticed this occuring when I used RDP on a Mac Book Pro Retina to connect to "A" and I assumed it was a DPI mismatch but this problem occurs even if I haven't connected from the Mac. It also seems to run in streaks, for example about a month ago this happened every single day for a few weeks then it "magically" went away". Now it's back. This issue has also persisted across multiple updates of all machines involved and their applicaitons.

This problem only seems to affect the title bar on windows, no other fonts are changed as far as I've noticed and the actual functioning of the system is fine. One other thing; if I physically got to "A" and unlock it the title bar font remains big until I logout or reboot so whatever is triggering it is actually changing the font on the fly from the built in RDP server.

I know it seems like a simple, silly thing but the font ends up being close to 20pts and it's very distracting.

:)

JohnMiller31, Jan 25, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Is there a way to fix font issues in Windows 10?

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Community.

This issue might have occurred due to incorrect settings.
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size in the title bar.

• Type display in the search bar and press enter

• Under “change only text size “select title bar

• Choose the font size accordingly
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Windows 10 changing Font

I cannot change the system fonts in Windows 10. I have gone in and changed the title bars, etc, but there are still some fonts that are too small for my eyes. One example is my Outlook address book. Anyone have any suggestions please?

DonnaRothman, Jan 25, 2021
  4. hellrazor Win User

Windows 10 Title Bar Font in RDP

Linux Mint 10 font dropshadow

I just noticed that I got the title window font colors so cool that when the window is inactive the text on the title bar looks like it's depressed, and I really like the effect so I did some of that "noticing" thing I never do and noticed that it has a drop shadow on it. Now it just so happens that the color of the inactive title bar text is not too far from the color of the window text, and I was wondering how to get a drop shadow on the application font. It's a bit confusing, the window text color and the application font get applied to the same text, since the color is part of the theme and the text is part of the window manager (?).

TL;DR:
    Drop shadow on application font, how do?

Example:

Windows 10 Title Bar Font in RDP Screenshot.png

hellrazor, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Title Bar Font in RDP

1. Windows 10 Title Bar Font in RDP - Similar Threads - Title Bar Font

2. Reduce windows title font

in Windows 10 Support
    Reduce windows title font: Hello, I am trying to find a way to reduce the font size in my windows. I do not know why now I have it like in the picture: How can I fix this in Windows 10? Thanks, Alessandro 182096
  3. Title bar and other fonts "textscale" set to maximum.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Title bar and other fonts "textscale" set to maximum.: I've been running Windows 10 20h2 in 1920x1080 with 100% scale even though 3840x2160 is recommended on my 4K TV. It's been running fine then suddenly the fonts got big. This would be some time after cumulative update KB5000802. I'm using the default theme.I found WinTools...
  4. Enlarged font size of title bars

Enlarged font size of title bars: Hello, how can I revert font sizes to their original size? I don't know what caused this but when I opened my laptop one day, font sizes have been enlarged. Below is a reference. [ATTACH]...
  5. Is it possible to change the title bar font size on Windows 10 apps?

Is it possible to change the title bar font size on Windows 10 apps?: As opposed to standard windows, which we can obviously do with registry tweaks. [img] Ones like that. Is there any way to change the font size? 168292
  6. How to change font size on title bar and menus?

How to change font size on title bar and menus?: How to change font size on title bar and menus? The font on the title screen are not readable; and also some menus. Available settings do not change properly this font front a high resolution HP laptop....
  7. Window title bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window title bar: [ATTACH] Anyone know if its possible to display the 4 windows like this but without the title bar along the top of each window? https://preview.redd.it/a86t468p5p141.jpg?width=1908&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=047e083d08c51455c01fa7d1ddafe47c6c732066 submitted by /u/yenmiT...
  8. title bar color, windows 10

title bar color, windows 10: Is there any possibility to make active window title bar color exactly the same as the accent color, not darker? I am using "automatically pick an accent color from the background" on and dark mode. I would like brighter colors on active window title bar. Thank you....
  9. Font size of title bar and tabs - too small

Font size of title bar and tabs - too small: I'm trying to size up the title bar and tab font, but none of the Google options show how to do it - "advanced display settings" for example does not reveal "advanced sizing of text and other items", so I am unable to follow Google recommendations any further - apparently I...
  10. Title Bar: Font & Font Size Change

Title Bar: Font & Font Size Change: I am attempting to find out how to change the Font and the Font Size of Title Bars after the Windows 10 update in November 2018. I need it to be at least a Century Gothic Size 16 Bold would be the best option for me. The update stopped me from being able to change it. If...