Windows 10: Windows 10 to 11 Media Upgrade?

Discus and support Windows 10 to 11 Media Upgrade? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I wish to upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 while it's still free. But I would like to do a fresh install. So my question1 Can I just download Windows 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ashamaan, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Ashamaan Win User

Windows 10 to 11 Media Upgrade?

I wish to upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 while it's still free. But I would like to do a fresh install. So my question1 Can I just download Windows 11 to a bootable USB and install a fresh copy and expect the OEM Windows 10 key in my laptop to work?2 If not.. can I install it as an update/upgrade through Windows Update, and then once it's activated using the Windows 10 OEM key and has is in whatever database MS has out there for all the registered Windows 11 users, install it as a fresh copy from bootable and expect it to activate properly?

:)

Ashamaan, Sep 25, 2022
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 25, 2022
  4. Windows 10 to 11 Media Upgrade?

Upgrading to windows 11

I have a few questions about windows 11...

1. How many GB it is? when my pc suggested the upgrade yesterday, it said it's about 4GB just want to be sure.
    2. I'm using a windows 10 pro so if I upgrade, will it upgrade to a windows 11 pro?

UcheBulama, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 to 11 Media Upgrade?

1. Windows 10 to 11 Media Upgrade? - Similar Threads - Media Upgrade

2. Windows 7 upgrade to windows 10 media creation tool error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 upgrade to windows 10 media creation tool error: Hi I'm trying to upgrade my win 7 pc to win 10 with media creation tool and i keep getting error 0x80072F8F–0x20000 i tried everything but it still doesn't workCan you help?...
  3. Windows 7 upgrade to windows 10 media creation tool error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 upgrade to windows 10 media creation tool error: Hi I'm trying to upgrade my win 7 pc to win 10 with media creation tool and i keep getting error 0x80072F8F–0x20000 i tried everything but it still doesn't workCan you help?...
  4. DVD players 2 laptops no longer play media after WIN upgrades

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD players 2 laptops no longer play media after WIN upgrades: Two laptops. Both Lenovo 64 bit.One TP 50 I think came loaded with W10, updated to W 11, now fails to play any media discs at all using an outboard player. No executable files found. Drivers report as up to date.Other is an older SL 510 came with W 7, I allowed it to upgrade...
  5. DVD players 2 laptops no longer play media after WIN upgrades

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD players 2 laptops no longer play media after WIN upgrades: Two laptops. Both Lenovo 64 bit.One TP 50 I think came loaded with W10, updated to W 11, now fails to play any media discs at all using an outboard player. No executable files found. Drivers report as up to date.Other is an older SL 510 came with W 7, I allowed it to upgrade...
  6. DVD players 2 laptops no longer play media after WIN upgrades

7. Creating installation media. Before or after Windows 11 upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating installation media. Before or after Windows 11 upgrade?: I just got two computers with windows 10 home. They are not in s mode. They were preloaded with windows 10 home. I have not made recovery installation media as of yet in either machine as I just now got them set up. My question is Do I make recovery media for windows 10...
  8. Creating installation media. Before or after Windows 11 upgrade?

Creating installation media. Before or after Windows 11 upgrade?: I just got two computers with windows 10 home. They are not in s mode. They were preloaded with windows 10 home. I have not made recovery installation media as of yet in either machine as I just now got them set up. My question is Do I make recovery media for windows 10...
  9. Creating installation media. Before or after Windows 11 upgrade?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Is it still possible to upgrade from Win7 to Win10? The Media Creation Tool will not run.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it still possible to upgrade from Win7 to Win10? The Media Creation Tool will not run.: I am trying to update from Win7 to Win10 but the Media Creation Tool will not run. Error code 0x80072F8F - 0x20000. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-from-win7-to-win10/4f5d86bb-ae72-4450-9767-68446986cb06