Windows 10: Windows 10 to enable HDR support in apps like Photoshop to help artists

Discus and support Windows 10 to enable HDR support in apps like Photoshop to help artists in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; For the most part, Windows 10’s Sun Valley appears to be an update focused on cosmetic improvements like rounded corners and new icons. But it also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 14, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 to enable HDR support in apps like Photoshop to help artists

For the most part, Windows 10’s Sun Valley appears to be an update focused on cosmetic improvements like rounded corners and new icons. But it also packs some decent enthusiast-friendly improvements under the hood, and one new feature is HDR support for colour managed apps like Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom.

In Windows 10 Sun Valley Update, the HDR behaviour is substantially better than before for colour managed apps. For those unaware, HDR is a feature available on relatively new monitors and it enables support for vibrant colours, emphasizing the contrast in an image.

In Windows 10 October 2020 Update or older, apps are limited to the traditional sRGB colour gamut. With the Sun Valley update, Microsoft plans to offer a dramatic visual upgrade with HDR support, which means apps can now finally get accurate colour and access to the true capabilities of your monitor.

Initially, HDR support will be added to apps that use the International Color Consortium colour profile. Supported apps include Lightroom Classic, CorelDraw, Photoshop, etc. For apps like Photoshop and Lightroom, HDR is used to enhance brightness and normalize the colour levels across the supported apps.

With HDR, apps can now display bright elements while still maintaining dark shadows across the photo you’re editing.

It’s worth noting that the Sun Valley update doesn’t automatically display your apps in HDR. By default, it would be still standard dynamic range mode. If you’re interested and you have an HDR-compatible monitor, you need to head into Windows 10’s legacy settings and activate HDR.

To enable HDR in Photoshop and other apps, close the app and right-click on its icon. Click on Properties and navigate to the Compatibility tab and select “Use legacy display ICC colour management” under Settings.

Windows 10 to enable HDR support in apps like Photoshop to help artists Windows-10-HDR-support.jpg

Once done, open Start > Settings > System > Display > HDR and WCG settings. On the next screen, enable the toggle for HDR mode.

For gamers, Microsoft is working on another feature called “Auto HDR”, which enables HDR support for certain games automatically. If you have an HDR-ready monitor, Microsoft will automatically enable the HDR feature and users will notice improvements when playing games that depend on lighting and shadow.

In addition to the new HDR mode, Microsoft is also said to be working on a new set of fonts for Windows 10 native apps, settings, legacy pages like Control Panel, and more. In the preview builds, Segoe UI Variable font has been enabled for select apps, touch keyboard and modern pages.

The post Windows 10 to enable HDR support in apps like Photoshop to help artists appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 14, 2021

2. HDR won't enable!

Hi,

Whenever you play high dynamic range (HDR) videos in
    Windows 10
    , your external HDR monitor or TV must be connected to a Windows 10 PC that has a supported graphics card with the supported drivers installed. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if you're getting any error messages when trying to
    enable HDR.

In the meantime, you may check on this
    link
    for more information about streaming HDR video on Windows 10.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, May 14, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to enable HDR

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I see that you have posted your query in Romanian language. I would like to inform that you have reached the English support forum. For better clarity, we would appreciate if you could post your query in English.

Upon translating the query, I understand that you are unable to enable HDR on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

I would suggest you to refer the Fixing common problems
    section from the article HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10
    and see if that helps.

One of the things you can try is updating the Graphics Card drivers and see if that helps.

However, upon researching further, I found that HDR can only be enabled if the Graphics Card or Motherboard that you are using supports HDMI 2.0 or DisplayPort 1.4 or higher. If your Graphics card or Motherboard doesn’t support any of these features,
    you may not be able to enable HDR.

If you wish to receive support in Romanian language, you can certainly get in touch with our Live Customer support team and they will assist you further. Please refer the article
    Global Customer Service phone numbers to get the Customer support
    number as per your country

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 14, 2021
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

HDR WCG won't enable on Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Have you installed the latest graphics drivers? You may also check the Nvidia site for the latest drivers and follow their instructions.

If you’re having problems displaying HDR content, you can try the steps outlined in this support article:
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10.

For more information about HDR requirements, please refer to this support article:
    Display requirements for HDR in Windows 10.

Update us with results for further assistance.

Carlo Fer, May 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 to enable HDR support in apps like Photoshop to help artists - Similar Threads - enable HDR support

2. HDR is not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR is not supported: that is my laptop Legion 5-15IMH05H Lenovo - Type 81Y6 I had HDR working i rested my pc now is not supported. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-is-not-supported/183bc407-5d1e-4f8d-aaa4-338b6a1821f6
  3. HDR is not supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR is not supported: that is my laptop Legion 5-15IMH05H Lenovo - Type 81Y6 I had HDR working i rested my pc now is not supported. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-is-not-supported/183bc407-5d1e-4f8d-aaa4-338b6a1821f6
  4. HDR not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR not supported: Hello,I recently changed both my computer and my monitor, both of which are compatible with HDR10 Technology. However, on Windows 11, it says that I can't use HDR because it's not supported. In the settings of the monitor itself, HDR appears as 'auto'. When opening DXDIAG, it...
  5. HDR not supported

HDR not supported: Hello,I recently changed both my computer and my monitor, both of which are compatible with HDR10 Technology. However, on Windows 11, it says that I can't use HDR because it's not supported. In the settings of the monitor itself, HDR appears as 'auto'. When opening DXDIAG, it...
  6. HDR not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR not supported: I have two HDR monitors but recently I found HDR settings say unsupported , why is that ? Windows 11 ProI have Windows 11 updated to latest and AMD GPU updated to latest. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-not-supported/4b1207a0-26e0-497c-a7af-27ac276a606f
  7. HDR not supported

HDR not supported: I have two HDR monitors but recently I found HDR settings say unsupported , why is that ? Windows 11 ProI have Windows 11 updated to latest and AMD GPU updated to latest. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-not-supported/4b1207a0-26e0-497c-a7af-27ac276a606f
  8. How to Enable HDR Support in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable HDR Support in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10: [ATTACH]HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. However, to watch an HDR video, you need to have a display that can handle HDR contents and a browser that can stream it. In Microsoft Edge, you can enable HDR contents by turning on few settings. Hardware Requirements for HDR...
  9. HDR only in supported apps and not in everywhere.

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR only in supported apps and not in everywhere.: Hello everybody, sorry if there was a question similar to mine somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Basically, windows colour and text are trashed by HDR activation in my windows set up. I have an LG 34WK95C-W connected to a PC Ryzen3 3950, Nvidia Geforce 2070 Super Smears...
  10. Netflix app Now Supports HDR on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Netflix app Now Supports HDR on Windows 10: We are thrilled to announce the addition of High Dynamic Range (HDR) support on Windows 10 for both the Edge browser and the Netflix app. With this update, Netflix members who have a supported device and a premium plan can enjoy amazing Netflix movies and shows in HDR. With...