Windows 10: Windows 10 to go on a mac pro 4.1

Discus and support Windows 10 to go on a mac pro 4.1 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a mac pro 4.1 and a macbook pro mid 2012. I have windows 10 installed on an external drive and my laptop is able to boot from this external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stuart John Forbes, May 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 to go on a mac pro 4.1

I have a mac pro 4.1 and a macbook pro mid 2012. I have windows 10 installed on an external drive and my laptop is able to boot from this external drive when plugged in via USB. However when i plug that same known bootable drive into my Mac Pro desktop, it cannot boot. Why is this? I also have an external OSX drive that can boot on both computers. So why is it that windows cannot boot on the desktop since the computer is clearly able to boot external drives?

:)

Stuart John Forbes, May 14, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows on Macbook Pro using Bootcamp

Hi,

You need support software (drivers) installed with Boot Camp to use Windows 10. This software is automatically downloaded when you use Boot Camp Assistant. Boot Camp supports 64-bit versions of Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro when used with a supported
    Mac. Here are the list that supports Windows 10:

• MacBook Pro (2012 and later)
    • MacBook Air (2012 and later)
    • MacBook (2015 and later)
    • iMac Pro (2017)iMac (2012 and later)
    • Mac mini (2012 and later)
    • Mac mini Server (Late 2012)
    • Mac Pro (Late 2013)

We also suggest that you check and follow the steps shared by Andre Da Costa on this
    thread on how to setup Windows 10 on your Mac using Boot Camp.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 14, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 14, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Windows 10 to go on a mac pro 4.1

OWC Releases New 4.0TB Aura SSD Upgrade for 2013 Mac Pro

OWC, a leading zero emissions Mac and PC technology company, announced today the immediate availability of the OWC 4.0TB Aura SSD Upgrade for the 2013-current Apple Mac Pro. The Aura SSD for Mac Pro is the first internal SSD upgrade for the 2013-current Mac Pro and debuted at CES 2015 offering up to 2.0TB of capacity. The all-new 4.0TB model shipping just in time for CES 2016 doubles the capacity available offering up to 16x the capacity of the standard factory drive and 4X the capacity of the maximum factory SSD/flash option.

The 4.0TB OWC Aura SSD for 2013-current Mac Pro (black cylinder models) includes the award-winning OWC Envoy Pro SSD enclosure, making it easy to repurpose the original factory-installed Mac Pro SSD as an elegant aluminum-body external drive for incredible portable performance. OWC also provides free how-to installation videos and a special tool needed for straightforward end user/do-it-yourself installation.

Windows 10 to go on a mac pro 4.1 48a_thm.jpg

OWC Aura SSD for Mac Pro Upgrade Kits includes:
    • Aura SSD for Mac Pro
    • Envoy Pro SSD enclosure for the existing factory SSD (transfer data & ongoing external use)
    • Double-shielded USB 3.0 / USB 3.1 Gen 1 connecting cable for the Envoy Pro enclosure
    • Complete kit with everything needed for end user installation of the new drive into 2013 Mac Pro
    • 3 Year OWC Limited Warranty.
    Innovative, Dependable, and Designed for Mac
    Built on the time-tested Aura platform, the Aura SSD for Mac Pro is the only internal SSD upgrade solution custom engineered for current Mac Pro models. OWC SSDs feature an industry-leading suite of controller technologies to deliver longevity and dependable performance.

Upgrade Easy with OWC
    The Aura SSD for Mac Pro upgrade kit comes complete with everything users need for a simple do-it-yourself upgrade. OWC's free, comprehensive install videos guide users through the process step-by-step. Click here for the install video.

"Regardless of which size factory SSD you're replacing, an Aura SSD upgrade gives you significantly more space to work, create, and express," said Larry O'Connor, OWC Founder and CEO. "Users can edit and store enormous photo, music and video libraries, and improve their efficiency in creative workflows. Such a huge internal SSD/Flash capacity boost gives you the freedom to do so much more on your Mac Pro."

Availability and Pricing
    The 4.0TB Aura SSD for Mac Pro is priced at $2,128.00 and is available now for same-day shipping at http://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/SSDA13MP4.0K/.

The other drives in the Aura line for Mac Pros are priced as follows:
    • 1.0TB version - $895.00
    • 2.0TB version - $1,447.99

btarunr, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 to go on a mac pro 4.1

1. Windows 10 to go on a mac pro 4.1 - Similar Threads - mac pro

2. Setting Up Remote Desktop from Mac Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Up Remote Desktop from Mac Windows 11 Pro: Hello,Having trouble connecting to my PC from a Mac using the Remote Desktop function with Windows 11 Pro OS Microsoft Business Standard. I've run through all the steps provided by Microsoft see HERE. While in the Mac version of the Microsoft Remote Desktop app, I'm getting...
  3. Setting Up Remote Desktop from Mac Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Up Remote Desktop from Mac Windows 11 Pro: Hello,Having trouble connecting to my PC from a Mac using the Remote Desktop function with Windows 11 Pro OS Microsoft Business Standard. I've run through all the steps provided by Microsoft see HERE. While in the Mac version of the Microsoft Remote Desktop app, I'm getting...
  4. Transfer Win 11 Pro from old to new mac book pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Win 11 Pro from old to new mac book pro: I have Windows 11 Pro on my old mac book pro. I want to transfer this licence on new mac book pro. I have licence key 7JPVY-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-7T9TT . I don't want to use windows on my old mac book pro. How I can transfer my Win 11 Pro licence to new mac book?...
  5. Transfer Win 11 Pro from old to new mac book pro

Transfer Win 11 Pro from old to new mac book pro: I have Windows 11 Pro on my old mac book pro. I want to transfer this licence on new mac book pro. I have licence key 7JPVY-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-7T9TT . I don't want to use windows on my old mac book pro. How I can transfer my Win 11 Pro licence to new mac book?...
  6. Unable to remote from Mac to Surface Pro 9 on home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remote from Mac to Surface Pro 9 on home network: I have set up the Surface to accept remote connections and have enabled Password sign-in to the Surface. I am using the correct IPv4 address. When I use my Microsoft account and password, which is the same account I use for the Surface, and remote from my Mac it errors with...
  7. Unable to remote from Mac to Surface Pro 9 on home network

Unable to remote from Mac to Surface Pro 9 on home network: I have set up the Surface to accept remote connections and have enabled Password sign-in to the Surface. I am using the correct IPv4 address. When I use my Microsoft account and password, which is the same account I use for the Surface, and remote from my Mac it errors with...
  8. Migrate all Data from Mac Pro to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrate all Data from Mac Pro to Windows 11: Can someone please guide me the best way to migrate all my data from my Macbook Pro to my new Lenovo Windows 11 laptop. I need to ensure that EVERYTHING is transferred- documents, phots , Videos etc. I am not too worried about transferring apps. I can download them afresh on...
  9. Migrate all Data from Mac Pro to Windows 11

Migrate all Data from Mac Pro to Windows 11: Can someone please guide me the best way to migrate all my data from my Macbook Pro to my new Lenovo Windows 11 laptop. I need to ensure that EVERYTHING is transferred- documents, phots , Videos etc. I am not too worried about transferring apps. I can download them afresh on...
  10. Installing Windows 11 on the Mac-pro 2010, 5,1 got black out screen with Nvidia GTX-680...

Installing Windows 11 on the Mac-pro 2010, 5,1 got black out screen with Nvidia GTX-680...: Could you please tell me how can I fix this? I ran windows update and as soon as the Windows' NVIDIA driver is downloaded and installed, the screen went black, what's going on?Thank youHoang Tran...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. go mac pro