Windows 10: Windows (10) to go won't boot

Discus and support Windows (10) to go won't boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone! In a few months, I am going to make a big trip around the world, and because of that, I got interested in the functionality of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tomsalden, Nov 5, 2014.

1. tomsalden Win User

Windows (10) to go won't boot

Hello everyone!

In a few months, I am going to make a big trip around the world, and because of that, I got interested in the functionality of a Windows To Go drive, because all files/system settings/programs and more can be taken everywhere, without any annoyances. I therefore decided to create a windows to go disk.
    A few weeks before my decision, I bought a Kingston DataTraveler 100 G3 (64 gb, usb3.0), which I thougt to be perfect for the job. Once I researched a bit, I of course found out that windows natively only supports certified usb sticks or hard drives.
    Nevertheless, I still wanted to try and install it. After some research, I found out that the installation could be done with an ISO and the command prompt of a windows 8 computer. I used an ISO of a Windows 8.1 installation and a Windows 8.1 laptop to apply the commands.
    All went well, and I installed the operating system on the usb. Then I had to test the drive, of course, so I plugged it into a 3.0 port of the windows 8.1 laptop and selected it as the device to boot from.
    The computer booted and I got to see the loading screen of windows (the blue logo with the rotating circle)
    Windows (10) to go won't boot [​IMG]

Unfortunately, after waiting for about an hour, there was still no change and the loading screen was still there. I let it sit for another two hours or so, but afterwards, I decided to go for a different installation.
    So I tried third-party software (aomei partition assistant and more) to create the USB, but the same happens all the time, the loading screen persists.

I then decided to switch from windows 8.1 to windows 10 (because I already like windows 10 more), and used this guide, a virtual machine running windows 10 (enterprise, 64 bit) and an ISO of windows 10 (enterprise, 32 bit) (I got the cfadisk 64 bit driver from this post). Unfortunately, the same thing happens. I get stuck on the windows loading screen, even in USB 3.0 ports.

I would therefore like to ask if somebody knows how to fix this issue, or tell me what I did wrong. I of course know that this USB is not certified to become a windows to go drive, but is there nothing I can try to make it work?

Thanks for the trouble!
    Tom

:)

tomsalden, Nov 5, 2014
  2. dinulhaq Win User

Unable to start windows 10 after update?

Windows 10 Won't boot, Won't autorepair, won't go back to previous update after yesterday last update HELP!!

dinulhaq, Nov 5, 2014
  3. ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Nov 5, 2014
  4. badrobot Win User

I am just curious, if you can pay for a big trip around the world why can't you just buy a certified USB stick to solve your problem right away? Or a windows tablet (you can find one for around $200). With the USB, you would still need a machine to run it. There are 8" tablets that you can plug in to a bigger screen if you need to. No offense meant. But I do hope someone will jump in to your rescue.

Cheers!

badrobot, Nov 5, 2014
  5. tomsalden Win User
    Haha, thanks for the quick reaction!
    You are indeed right about the money business, I could indeed buy a certified USB right away, however, since I am really collecting all the money I have for my trip (I am only 19 years, and have to work hard for my pennies) (an additionally, I am a big miser *Wink), I don't want to spend too much on things I not necessairly need. Therefore, my two and a half year old tablet (android) will do, just as the cheapest smartphone I found*Biggrin.
    Therefore, I don't mind trying everything to get the windows to go drive working on my own USB stick *Tongue!!

tomsalden, Nov 5, 2014
  6. badrobot Win User
    badrobot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows (10) to go won't boot - Similar Threads - won't boot

2. Windows won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't boot: Hello,My PC won't boot windows. It only shows the motherboard logo when starting up and then the screen goes black, my monitor indicates no signal. When I fail to boot a few times 3 I get into a blue screen menu with options. This allows me to boot windows in both safe mode...
  3. Windows won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't boot: Hello,My PC won't boot windows. It only shows the motherboard logo when starting up and then the screen goes black, my monitor indicates no signal. When I fail to boot a few times 3 I get into a blue screen menu with options. This allows me to boot windows in both safe mode...
  4. Windows won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't boot: HeySo I have a Toshiba laptop, and I installed on it windows 10 a month ago. It was working fine but yesterday I tried to boot it but it says that the HDD failed. The HDD health is 95% so its good and I do have fast boot turned off.My laptop used to boot like this :It first a...
  6. Windows 10 won't boot

Windows 10 won't boot: HeySo I have a Toshiba laptop, and I installed on it windows 10 a month ago. It was working fine but yesterday I tried to boot it but it says that the HDD failed. The HDD health is 95% so its good and I do have fast boot turned off.My laptop used to boot like this :It first a...
  7. Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 11 24H2 won't boot if the PC does not support this CPU feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 24H2 won't boot if the PC does not support this CPU feature: Microsoft is changing the system requirements of the upcoming Windows 11 24H2 feature update. When Microsoft released Windows 11, it changed the minimum system requirements significantly. This locked out millions of Windows 10 devices from the upgrade to Windows 11. Now it...
  9. PC won't boot after recent Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't boot after recent Windows 11 update: System: Asus Prime X570P Ryzen 3 MoBoRyzen 7 5700x CPURog Strix RTX 3080 Nvidia GPU2Tb Samsung M.232Gb Corsair Vengeance RAMCorsair RM850 PSUJust before I went to bed last night, I saw that windows needed an update. I thought nothing of it, clicked "Update and Shut Down" and...
  10. PC won't boot after recent Windows 11 update

PC won't boot after recent Windows 11 update: System: Asus Prime X570P Ryzen 3 MoBoRyzen 7 5700x CPURog Strix RTX 3080 Nvidia GPU2Tb Samsung M.232Gb Corsair Vengeance RAMCorsair RM850 PSUJust before I went to bed last night, I saw that windows needed an update. I thought nothing of it, clicked "Update and Shut Down" and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows to go wont boot

2. updated windows phone from windows 8 to windowd10 now charging slow