Windows 10: Windows 10 to highlight new features after feature update installations

Discus and support Windows 10 to highlight new features after feature update installations in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Future versions of Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system will highlight new features to the user as part of the post-upgrade experience. Current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Aug 13, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 10 to highlight new features after feature update installations

Future versions of Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system will highlight new features to the user as part of the post-upgrade experience.

Current versions of Windows 10 display barely any information after upgrades in regards to changes or new features. That's a problem for a number of reasons according to Microsoft. For one, updates may feel time consuming and without real benefit to the actual user but it is not the only one.

New features may not be used as much because users may not notice the new app or feature of an existing application right away. While Microsoft does highlight features at times, e.g. a new app in the Start menu, it is generally tight lipped when it comes to that; this leaves Microsoft's own websites and third-party websites like ours to get a rundown on what is new and changed. Most Windows users do not read these resources, probably though.

Microsoft released the new Insider Build 20190 to the public yesterday. The new build introduces the post-upgrade tips feature to English locales. Microsoft will unlock the new feature for other locales in the future, but for now, it is only active if English locales are used.

The Windows Welcome Experience setting needs to be enabled on devices as well for the tips to be displayed:

To see this experience on your device, make sure the “Show me the Windows welcome experience” checkbox in Settings > System > Notifications & actions is checked.

Windows 10 to highlight new features after feature update installations windows-10-postupgrade-whats-new.png

The new feature opens a "tip" window on the screen after the upgrade that displays main changes and new features of that particular version of Windows 10. It includes back and forward buttons to go through all the features and changes, or to close the window and be done with it.

There may also be a "try it" button, e.g. if a Microsoft Edge feature is highlighted to open Microsoft Edge and use the functionality.

Closing Words

The new Tips feature that highlights new features and improvements is a welcome addition for users who just use the operating system but don't read blog like ours or Microsoft's official blog. Windows users who don't want these can turn the off easily by going to Settings > System > Notifications and actions, and unchecking the "Show me the Windows welcome experience" option there.

Now You: Would you like more information from Microsoft and other app developers in regards to updates?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 10 to highlight new features after feature update installations appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Aug 13, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Aug 13, 2020
  4. ssn650 Win User

New features and improvements coming to Windows 10

You've gotta be kiddin' me. There must be some way to disable this "Get the App" notification or else I'm staying away from Windows 10 for good. Total nonsense. This feature won't be available to Enterprise users, will it?

ssn650, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 to highlight new features after feature update installations - Similar Threads - highlight features feature

2. Where Is New Features After Installing Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where Is New Features After Installing Windows 11?: Hi Microsoft, I Cannot Get the New Features Included Search Bar, Fluent Emojis, Lock Screen Time on Top, And Others.Please Help Me with It.Thank You....
  3. Where Is New Features After Installing Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where Is New Features After Installing Windows 11?: Hi Microsoft, I Cannot Get the New Features Included Search Bar, Fluent Emojis, Lock Screen Time on Top, And Others.Please Help Me with It.Thank You....
  4. Feature update is not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature update is not installing: The updates in my HP laptop is not installing. Says something went wrong. Its been a month since its doing this and still not resolve by Microsoft. What the heck is happening? I need to fix it....
  5. Feature update is not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Feature update is not installing: The updates in my HP laptop is not installing. Says something went wrong. Its been a month since its doing this and still not resolve by Microsoft. What the heck is happening? I need to fix it....
  6. Feature update is not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Missing feature after downloading the feature update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing feature after downloading the feature update.: Hi, You must be familiar with this picture below that is the part of Windows 20H1 update. [ATTACH] So basically, 4 days ago, I update my Windows from 1909 to 2004 version by which after that the header in my settings app has gone missing. INTERESTINGLY,...
  8. installation of new features

in Windows 10 Customization
    installation of new features: I am trying to install the new features on my windows 10 home but the installation process stops in between , whenever I do so https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-of-new-features/b2f49cbc-8ce5-4fe2-a06b-59dafba34e57
  9. Feature update to Windows 10, feature 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature update to Windows 10, feature 1903: Hello. I keep getting this message- Getting things ready- for the feature update to version 1903. It is stuck at 71 percent since yesterday. The very first time I tried downloading the update, the error code was 0x80240034. Please help. Thank you....
  10. Windows 10 Anniversary Update: These are the new features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update: These are the new features: Windows 10 Anniversary Update: These are the new features Coming this summer, for free! Start Menu [img] Start Screen [img] Action Center [img] Hand-Off / Continuum [img] Ink Workspace [img] ....... and much more! Source and more:...