Windows 10: Windows 10 to launch 'this summer' with free upgrades even for pirated

Discus and support Windows 10 to launch 'this summer' with free upgrades even for pirated in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has inched closer to announcing an official release date for Windows 10. The new operating system, which is currently in a public preview... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Mar 17, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows 10 to launch 'this summer' with free upgrades even for pirated

Source

Upgrading to Windows 10 on pirated versions won't get you a valid license

:)

labeeman, Mar 17, 2015

2. Regarding Windows 10 notification on the taskbar.

I have another doubt.

Is windows 10 upgrade is completely free even for pirated version of windows?Will they get lifetime support?

Sangeeth_007, Mar 17, 2015
  3. Pirated Windows

Because

There are a lot of people who are using pirated copy of windows and Microsoft didn't do anything about it.

In addition to, Microsoft gave a free upgrade to windows 10 even for computers running pirated copies.

So why its not allowed then for the people who try to ask the company itself politely to not break the terms of use?

mohammadshaito, Mar 17, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

I can already see torrents abuzz with W7.

CountMike, Mar 17, 2015
  5. Windows 10 will be also free for pirated versions, that is pretty interesting move as well.
    MS would like, if everyone would move to 10, because right now 7 is becoming the new XP.
    By offering a free update, people will be somewhat forced to upgrade, unless they really hate 10.

TairikuOkami, Mar 18, 2015
  6. Microsoft is going to just about anything to make W-10 numbers look good.
    Just think when counterfeit Window 7 get converted to legal Window 10. Their will be millions and millions of them in China alone.

Layback Bear, Mar 18, 2015
  7. chrisa Win User
    It isn't really about making the numbers 'look good'. Their current mode of operation is to get as many people tied to their ecosystem as possible through Windows 10, and then use that connection to monetize the customer. If you use Cortana, that then has Bing on the backend, which then eats part of Google's lunch and increases advertising revenue for Microsoft.

chrisa, Mar 18, 2015
  8. adamf Win User

adamf, Mar 18, 2015
  9. Phone Man Win User
    I found this very interesting.
    Updating from an ISO is great but will we be able to do a clean install with it?
    Inquiring minds want to know.

Windows 10 to launch 'this summer' with free upgrades even for pirated [​IMG]

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Mar 18, 2015
  10. CountMike New Member
    For RTM versions, no wander, not officially supported anyway. RT practically does not exist any more. Phone 8.1, well how else to upgrade ? Can't do it from CD etc. anyway. Windows 8 needs to be upgraded first anyway, support will not last for it, it's recommended to upgrade/update to 8.1. So, it's left for W 8.1 and W 7SP1 (probably updated to the end) to be able to upgrade fully. At the end, those are just conjectures and rumors for now, I don't think even MS knows exactly what will happen and which way.

CountMike, Mar 18, 2015
  11. Right -- and don't be surprised if after an initial period (probably no more than 30 days), the upgraded "pirated" PC suddenly locks up until the owner provides MS an "unlock" fee. If everyone is on Win10, the Win7 "activation hacks" won't work anymore (most likely) and MS will work around those to get folks locked into Win10.

Mark Phelps, Mar 20, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Microsoft's obsession with piracy threatens to create a Windows 10 licensing mess

The first impression from Myerson's remarks was that Microsoft was essentially offering an amnesty program, as the company "re-engages" with pirates worldwide. Get an upgrade, they appeared to be saying, and come back to the fold. All is forgiven, and by the way can we interest you in Microsoft services like Skype and Office 365?

But a follow-up statement from Microsoft, one that has clearly been vetted by lawyers and top management, arrived less than 24 hours later and is chock-full of qualifiers:

The statement came in two pieces. First:

Read more: Microsoft's obsession with piracy threatens to create a Windows 10 licensing mess | ZDNet

Brink, Mar 21, 2015
  13. CountMike New Member

Whatever they do, there's going to be tons of pirated copies, that's for sure. Seems like MS have never been to concerned about it. Best thing for them would be to sell it very cheap, for first year or two.

CountMike, Mar 21, 2015
  14. Well, they did that with $40 copies of Win8 -- which is how I got mine. IF they were to offer Win10 for the same fee, that would be OK with me. Doubt that would really reduce piracy much, as even offering it for $10 is not going to persuade those folks to actually PAY for something.

Mark Phelps, Mar 21, 2015
  15. groze Win User
    Microsoft's obsession with piracy threatens to create a Windows 10 licensing mess | ZDNet

If I am reading this correctly.
    All new consumer devices have 5 years mainstream support with 5 years of extend support.
    So does that mean those systems that are upgrade to windows 10 will only have 5 years of extended support?

I think business users (Non enterprise) again if I am reading correctly will have shorter Lifecycle and may have to pay for updates.

What I read on the website is a little confusing.

Edited to add questions & another comment

What happens to your device after 5 years if you don't upgrade or it becomes unsupported? Does it have reduce functionality? Does it become a paperweight and stop working?

I am actually thinking of not upgrading to windows 10 because of the Lifecycle policy if that is Zdnet article is accurate. I am assuming, I would only have 5 years of windows 10 being supported on my windows 7 system.

groze, Mar 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 to launch 'this summer' with free upgrades even for pirated - Similar Threads - launch 'this summer'

2. Free Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free Windows 10 upgrade: Device name DESKTOP-BJ4Q8SL Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB Device ID 91F58026-B03B-45C3-AAAC-D47A26CECD54 Product ID 00330-50000-00000-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch...
  3. Microsoft launching Cloud PC service possibly this summer

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft launching Cloud PC service possibly this summer: It's been quiet on the Microsoft "Cloud PC" front lately. But it sounds like its debut may be just a couple months away, according to my contacts. Microsoft may be targeting June or early July 2021 as the launch date for this virtualized, desktop-as-a-service offering, I'm...
  4. Upgrade free to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade free to windows 10: Whats better from windows 7 or 8 ? I have licences for both but didnt want to purchase a furthur third. 160219
  5. windows 8.1 upgrade to windows 10 pirated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 8.1 upgrade to windows 10 pirated: Hello, My laptop came with windows 8.1; I had to upgrade it to windows 10 for adobe creative cloud since creative cloud soft wares dont work on windows 8.1THIS IS NOT FAIR. The tech person upgraded my genuine windows to Windows 10 cracked version. I didn't know but I can...
  6. windows 10 free upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 free upgrade: I did the windows 10 upgrade from windows 8.1 and I cant get it activated due to product key or digital license i dont think i ever got a digital license information email or anything where can i find the license information to activate the free upgraded windows 10...
  7. Windows 10 Upgrade is not Free

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Upgrade is not Free: I have been using Windows 10 upgrade and having worked in IT support. I have been thinking about Microsoft and their motives. I decided to change my hard drive and Win 10 deactivated. I called MS and was told I had to reinstall qualifying product and do another upgrade. Soon...
  8. Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?: Hmm I firstly thought that free upgrade to windows 10 has end but now I see MS giving away windows 10 free again in this wsite?- Here 74024
  9. Windows 10 Launching This Summer in 190 Countries and 111 Languages

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Launching This Summer in 190 Countries and 111 Languages: Today at the renewed Windows Hardware Engineering Community (WinHEC) summit in Shenzhen, China, I had the honor of speaking about Windows 10 and the innovation and opportunity it offers our valued partners. China is a global epicenter for innovation and we’re excited to be...
  10. Microsoft Still Not Willing to Offer Windows 10 for Free to Pirates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Still Not Willing to Offer Windows 10 for Free to Pirates: An option to buy it will, however, be available Microsoft has a goal of bringing Windows 10 on 1 billion devices by 2017, and there's no doubt that the number one priority right now in Redmond is to upgrade as many Windows 7 users as possible. But one of the biggest...