Windows 10: Windows 10 to let you stream phone music via Bluetooth

Discus and support Windows 10 to let you stream phone music via Bluetooth in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Back in the old days, when Windows 7 was Microsoft’s flagship operating system, users were allowed to stream the music playing on the phone to their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 26, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 to let you stream phone music via Bluetooth

Back in the old days, when Windows 7 was Microsoft’s flagship operating system, users were allowed to stream the music playing on the phone to their PCs over Bluetooth without third-party apps.

On Windows 7 or older versions of Microsoft’s OS, you could right-click on Bluetooth icon in the system and select the ‘Add a device’ option. From there, you can search for your smartphone or feature phone that you want to use for streaming music and add it.

During the process, all necessary peripheral drivers were installed. After the process is complete, you can access the internal storage of the phone, send files, and play music. On Windows 10, you can still browse the internal storage and send/receive files, but the feature to play music is no longer available.

Windows 7 has a feature called ‘A2DP sink’, which allowed users to play music on your phone and listen to it on your desktop’s speaker.

Windows 10 to let you stream phone music via Bluetooth Windows-7-Bluetooth.jpg

According to Intel’s support doc, Microsoft dropped support for A2DP sink on Windows 10 and you can no longer stream music from your phone to PC.

“You won’t be able to receive audio from other Bluetooth devices via A2DP. For example, you won’t be able to stream music from your mobile phone to speakers on a Windows 10 PC,” Intel said in a document last updated in March 2018.

In the codebase of Windows 10 preview builds, references to Bluetooth’s A2DP Sink feature has been spotted again, suggesting that the feature is making a comeback.

Windows 10 to let you stream phone music via Bluetooth A2DP-Sink.jpg

In an upcoming update of Windows 10, you’ll be able to play music on your phone and listen to it on your computer’s speaker over Bluetooth. Microsoft could also add a remote control to the taskbar, which existed on Windows 7 for A2DP connections, so you can manage the music player easily.

Microsoft has yet to confirm the new Bluetooth feature for Windows 10 and it remains unclear when it will make a comeback.

The post Windows 10 to let you stream phone music via Bluetooth appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 26, 2020
  2. Not Happy Win User

Streaming music on bluetooth disconnects wifi

Having upgraded form 8.1 to Windows 10 I now find that streaming music on bluetooth disconnects wifi. It does this every time within a few minuets. (Bluetooth and Adapter drivers are up to date.) I have changed the virgin super hub from channel 1 to 12 but problem remains)
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Jake

Not Happy, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Listen to Android phone's music from desktop headphone

How to listen to [Android phone's music] from [a headphone that is connected to a Windows 10 desktop] without internet connection?
    I have an Android phone (Pixel 3a) with YouTube Music installed on it.

When I don't have internet connection, I want to be able to wear my headphone, which is connected to my desktop (Windows 10) and listen to both my desktop's audio (for example, game sound) and the music playing on my phone (for example, music that is available only on the phone's YouTube Music offline downloaded folder).

How can I achieve this?

Note:

Anonymous123, Jan 26, 2020
  4. wood987 Win User

How to listen to [Android phone's music] from [a headphone that is connected to a Windows 10 desktop] without internet connection?

How to listen to music without internet connection from Android phone (Pixel 3a) on Windows 10 when wearing headphone using bluetooth or usb?

I have Pixel 3a as my phone and I have installed YouTube Music on it.

I want to be able to wear my headphone, which is connected to my Windows 10 PC desktop and listen to both my desktop's audio (for example, PC game sound) and my Pixel 3a's music.

How can I achieve this?

Note:

wood987, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 to let you stream phone music via Bluetooth - Similar Threads - let stream phone

2. Now Windows 10 lets you stream your phone audio via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Now Windows 10 lets you stream your phone audio via Bluetooth: [ATTACH] 2020-05-29 Update: Microsoft is re-adding A2DP sink support to Windows 10 in version 2004. In the codebase of Windows 10 preview builds, references to Bluetooth’s A2DP Sink feature has been spotted again, suggesting that the feature is making a comeback....
  3. Stream music from Android & iPhone to Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth A2DP Sink

in Windows 10 News
    Stream music from Android & iPhone to Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth A2DP Sink: [ATTACH]If you’ve already upgraded to the latest Windows 10, you can now stream music from your Android, iPhone, and feature phone to your PC’s speakers […] This article Stream music from Android & iPhone to Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth A2DP Sink first appeared on...
  4. How to Stream Android's Audio on Windows 10 2004 via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Stream Android's Audio on Windows 10 2004 via Bluetooth: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/asj2020 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzhpwq/how_to_stream_androids_audio_on_windows_10_2004/
  5. Windows 10 now lets you control music playing on Android

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 now lets you control music playing on Android: Microsoft is eager to tie your Windows 10 to your smartphone. With a new update to its Your Phone app, Microsoft says you can finally control music playing on your Android-powered phone directly from your computer. The ‘Your Phone’ app now allows you to get your media...
  6. Windows 10 will soon let you respond to Android phone notifications

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 will soon let you respond to Android phone notifications: Microsoft recently rolled out a new feature for Windows 10 Your Phone app that allows you to monitor battery levels of Android handset directly from your PC. In addition to getting the battery status of your Android device, Microsoft also added a new capability to show...
  7. Stream music from Android phone to Win 10 laptop not possible?!

in Windows 10 Support
    Stream music from Android phone to Win 10 laptop not possible?!: So I was looking to stream music via bluetooth from My Samsung Note 5 to my new MSI laptop connected via 3.5mm jack to my speaker system. I've found lots of threads discussing it, but no answers. In one thread, the post included a link to Intel saying that MS Windows 10 does...
  8. Streaming music

in Windows 10 Customization
    Streaming music: Following upgrade of computer (win 10), my Sony dvd player opens albums with the tracks displayed (and played) in alphabetical order...not the intended track order. Never did this before. Any ideas?...
  9. No bluetooth streaming via Android yet?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No bluetooth streaming via Android yet?: Hello, I paired my Android device to my newly installed Windows 10, and the option to listen to music from my Android device through my laptop speakers is not there anymore. I remember that, in Windows 8.1, after pairing the device, Windows installed some drivers and then...
  10. Streaming music on bluetooth disconnects wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Streaming music on bluetooth disconnects wifi: Having upgraded form 8.1 to Windows 10 I now find that streaming music on bluetooth disconnects wifi. It does this every time within a few minuets. (Bluetooth and Adapter drivers are up to date.) I have changed the virgin super hub from channel 1 to 12 but problem remains)...