Windows 10: Windows 10 to make the Secure Boot alt-OS lock out a reality

Discus and support Windows 10 to make the Secure Boot alt-OS lock out a reality in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I really hate to say this, Microsoft really can not tell the oems what to do to get the sticker and least in the U.S. The only time Microsoft can tell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by groze, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Windows 10 to make the Secure Boot alt-OS lock out a reality

It seems to me that if they wanted to, Microsoft could refuse to grant them a license to install Windows on certain hardware. No license no Windows.

alphanumeric, Mar 21, 2015
  2. Mystere Win User
    Mystere, Mar 21, 2015
  3. Winuser Win User
    You say UFEI and Secure Boot has nothing to with installing a video card. I showed you proof that UEFI and Secure Boot does have something to do with installing a video card. If a video card doesn't support UEFI GOP and you can't turn off Secure Boot your computer is not going to boot. Yes I'm sure most if not all Video Cards manufactured today are UEFI GOP compliant. Where is your proof that I'm wrong.

Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 to make the Secure Boot alt-OS lock out a reality

1. Windows 10 to make the Secure Boot alt-OS lock out a reality - Similar Threads - Secure Boot alt

2. Locked out with security info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out with security info: I cloned my jump drive and when I reinstalled it, it was not recognized and could not sign into my Windows 10 account. The verification phone number is no longer valid so I can't receive a text code to sign in. I'm now locked out of my account for 30 days before I can update...
  3. Locked out with security info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out with security info: I cloned my jump drive and when I reinstalled it, it was not recognized and could not sign into my Windows 10 account. The verification phone number is no longer valid so I can't receive a text code to sign in. I'm now locked out of my account for 30 days before I can update...
  4. Locked out with security info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. OS won't boot, locked out of recovery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OS won't boot, locked out of recovery mode: Hey there!I just installed a new motherboard.Once I had windows running, I went to msconfig and advanced boot, and changed my core usage from disabled to 16. I have an AMD Ryzen 7 2700x. After restarting, the computer bluescreened, and went in to recovery mode. HOWEVER, it...
  6. OS won't boot, locked out of recovery mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OS won't boot, locked out of recovery mode: Hey there!I just installed a new motherboard.Once I had windows running, I went to msconfig and advanced boot, and changed my core usage from disabled to 16. I have an AMD Ryzen 7 2700x. After restarting, the computer bluescreened, and went in to recovery mode. HOWEVER, it...
  7. OS won't boot, locked out of recovery mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Issue with secure boot lock and load phoenix os disable in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with secure boot lock and load phoenix os disable in Windows 10: Hello, Does the secure boot lock and load phoenix os disable Windows? Because when I downloaded phoenix os and I disabled secure boot and when I wanted to open Windows tell me automatic repairs failed what is the problem? ***Modified title: Windows 10 & Windows***...
  9. Does the secure boot lock and load phoenix os disable Windows?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does the secure boot lock and load phoenix os disable Windows?: Hello, Does the secure boot lock and load phoenix os disable Windows? Because when I downloaded phoenix os and I disabled secure boot and when I wanted to open Windows tell me automatic repairs failed what is the problem?...
  10. Make Windows 10 *always* boot to the lock screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Make Windows 10 *always* boot to the lock screen: I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro version 1607, and have several user accounts defined on my system. Some of the accounts have passwords, and some don't. When an account without a password is the last one to use the computer, windows remembers that and automatically goes...