Windows 10: Windows 10 to my new SSD m.2

Discus and support Windows 10 to my new SSD m.2 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been watching videos and I was using an external SSD to put windows 10 on my SSD m.2, but when id open bios the boot option wouldn't show up. now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KingSquealer, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Windows 10 to my new SSD m.2

I've been watching videos and I was using an external SSD to put windows 10 on my SSD m.2, but when id open bios the boot option wouldn't show up. now I'm trying to download windows to my 28GB flash drive and it says it needs more space? Some tips would be helpful.

submitted by /u/KingSquealer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KingSquealer, Jan 24, 2021

2. 0xc0000098 On new M.2 SSD

Ive been trying, (unsuccessfully) to install a usb copy of windows 10 onto my new 1tb m.2 ssd.

So far i have tried just about every boot option my bios has and i cant get the program to load.

when i boot up my other drive that currently has a working copy of windows the usb and program seem to load fine. But the m.2 drive is the only one connected when i try to boot the program

So i am just unsure if i am missing something when it come to the m.2 interface or if there something else i am doing wrong.

specs: asus rampage v edition 10: i75860k:32gbram

ChrisC_221, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Jefrison Win User
    M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,

Hi, In my pc M.2 SSD with Windows 10 OS is listed as Disk 1 and not as Disk 0 in Disk Management. Also, the same drive is listed as Removable devices which is actually internal SSD.

Can anybody help me resolve this, please?

Jefrison, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Windows 10 to my new SSD m.2

transfering windows 10 from sata ssd to m.2 ssd

Yes, here are your options:

Option 1: Cloning:

How to Clone or Move Your Windows 10 Installation to a Larger Hard Disk or SSD

Option 2: download, create a bootable copy, then perform a clean install then reinstall your apps. There is no deactivation involved.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2: Install the new SSD

Step 3:

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate.
    You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key
    you already ownto reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 to my new SSD m.2

1. Windows 10 to my new SSD m.2 - Similar Threads - SSD

2. I've reinstalled Windows 10 on a new ssd and since then, VLC and all video players turn to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've reinstalled Windows 10 on a new ssd and since then, VLC and all video players turn to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/npjprods [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m029ay/ive_reinstalled_windows_10_on_a_new_ssd_and_since/
  3. Installing Windows 10 but unable to find SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 but unable to find SSD: Hello. Im trying to reinstall windows 10 but when Im told to choose disk in the installing wizard theres no SSD. Only my hard drive and a couple of partitions. I can see my SSD in BIOS. Forgive my ignorance while this is not my excellence. Will provide with photos....
  4. Formated SSD, installed windows 10, only have evaluation licence, help!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Formated SSD, installed windows 10, only have evaluation licence, help!: Hi, my PC took a turn for the worse on Friday, i decided to format the SSD and install a fresh copy of windows. I have installed Win 10 enterprise education version as i was given this by my college. My PC came with Win 7, and then upgraded to Win 10 so the key should have...
  5. i reinstalled my windows becase my bios wont detect my ssd everytime i restart laptop

i reinstalled my windows becase my bios wont detect my ssd everytime i restart laptop: Hello, i reinstalled my windows hoping it will solve my problem .. if restart the using windows>power>restart my laptop wont boot up because my ssdwhere my OS and my boot manager wont show up in the bios boot list the only option is PXE networknothing happends when it...
  6. Windows 10 Installation on a Samsung SSD Issue

Windows 10 Installation on a Samsung SSD Issue: Hello, I recently bought a 1 TB Samsung SSD, and I have wanted to install Windows on it. However, the problem persists that the installation resets after rebooting the computer. So, the installation never completes fully. I have tried using Rufus and installing the ISO onto...
  7. W10 Trimming/defragging at the same time with only 1 SSD?Bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 Trimming/defragging at the same time with only 1 SSD?Bug?: [ATTACH] 1 2 3 Noticed my pc "optimized my pc" but is this supposed to be normal?Are you supposed to get both confirmations when I only have 1 main SSD? submitted by /u/wiseude [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 ssd from another motherboard

Windows 10 ssd from another motherboard: Installed windows 10 Pro on new asus strix z490 board but after I the finished installed on motherboard i realized some usb ports are damaged/not working. So if I take ssd m.2 from this motherboard to a new asus hero z490 would that be OK or do I need to do a fresh install...
  9. SSD Upgrade Questions

SSD Upgrade Questions: Current Storage: I currently have a Dell Inspiron 27 7775 all-in-one computer with 1TB of HDD as the C: and a 256GB SSD A: drive. I want to: 1. Upgrade the SSD in my system to a Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD 2. Install Windows 10 to the new SSD from a USB drive...
  10. My Cloned SSD is no longer booting.

My Cloned SSD is no longer booting.: win10 pro ver 2004bld 19041.264 Holla Hombres, I've cloned and been using a Crucial 1T SSD for a few days. It replaces a 500G Seagate that was doing just fine but couldn't resist the upgrade. And yes it was awesome... for a while. I used Macrium to clone and it left half the...