Windows 10: Windows 10 to win8.1 taskbar problem

Discus and support Windows 10 to win8.1 taskbar problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, i just made my account here i just want to ask how to fix my problem with my taskbar After win 10 is release i upgraded after a few days, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by daryll94, Aug 9, 2015.

1. daryll94 Win User

Windows 10 to win8.1 taskbar problem

Hello, i just made my account here i just want to ask how to fix my problem with my taskbar

After win 10 is release i upgraded after a few days, and i notice that win10 boot is very slow so i decided to return to win 8.1. i used the option in settings, recovery return to win8.1.
    And when i finish my downgrade I notice that when i right click the pinned program in my taskbar it shows a blue background and a Close and Pin icon (which you can see in Win 10). I just want to have the normal taskbar like before.
    (PICTURE ATTACHED)

Windows 10 to win8.1 taskbar problem [​IMG]

in short heres what i did

From Windows 8.1 > Windows 10 > Return to Win 8.1 (taskbar problem) > Reset Everything (hoping to fix this)
    and viola i still have this.

Is there a way to fix this one? anyone have the same problem with me after downgrade?

:)

daryll94, Aug 9, 2015
  2. remo26 Win User

Special keys on the keyboard doesn't work after upgrading to Windows 10.

I have a Sony Duo 13 which I recently upgraded to Windows 10. It's connected to the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop. When I press the dedicated calculator button, the calculator opens in the taskbar, but does not pop up as my active window. I have to
    first select it from the taskbar, which is annoying. In Win8.1, the calculator would pop up immediately.

remo26, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Andy_48 Win User
    Pinned shortcuts won't work in Windows 10

Me too.

In Windows 8.1, I had a few frequently used files in my OneDrive folders pinned to program icons on the taskbar. These were principally Excel & Notepad files.

Since upgrading to Windows 10, these files cannot be pinned to the taskbar.

However, if I save them with new names they can be pinned. If I then save them again with their original names they cannot be pinned. Bizarre!

As far as I can tell, files that weren't pinned in Win8.1 can be pinned in Win10.

Andy_48, Aug 9, 2015
  4. jplsk8ter Win User

Hi!
    I had some problems after installing Windows 10 and I had do downgrade my PC back to Windows 8.1 just like you!
    So, I had the same problem with my taskbar icons in the right-click menu in Windows 8.1. I found a fix *chuckle

To fix this, you need to uninstall an update called (KB3072318).

To do this, go to Control Panel, click System and Security, than click on Windows Update,

The Windows Update window will appear. Then, in the left menu, click on "Show Update History".
    In the Update History window, click on Installed Updates then find the (KB3072318) update and right-click it and choose uninstall.
    To finish, Reboot your computer and it should be all fixed *Wink

Good luck!

jplsk8ter, Aug 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 to win8.1 taskbar problem - Similar Threads - win8 taskbar problem

2. Windows 10 Taskbar problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Taskbar problems: Hi everyone.I would greatly appreciate some help by anyone who experienced the same issues. The taskbar at the bottom of the screen is there but most of its functions are not working. The Start Button, Cortana, Task View, Network, Sound, Date and Notifications DO NOT RESPOND,...
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Taskbar problems: Hi everyone.I would greatly appreciate some help by anyone who experienced the same issues. The taskbar at the bottom of the screen is there but most of its functions are not working. The Start Button, Cortana, Task View, Network, Sound, Date and Notifications DO NOT RESPOND,...
  4. Windows 10 Taskbar problems

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. win8 dvd

win8 dvd: I run my w8 DVD & this came up:- this is missing or corrupted "windows\system32\driversmsisadrv.sys," Error Code : 0xc000007d. Is there anything I can do to correct it? I bought this cd a long time ago & used it a few times as my spare laptop has w8.
  6. win8 dvd

win8 dvd: I run my w8 DVD & this came up:- this is missing or corrupted "windows\system32\driversmsisadrv.sys," Error Code : 0xc000007d. Is there anything I can do to correct it? I bought this cd a long time ago & used it a few times as my spare laptop has w8.
  7. Windows 10 Problem With Taskbar

Windows 10 Problem With Taskbar: Hello! My name is ShamefulHarp590. As Said in my username As I was telling, I have a problem with the taskbar, Whenever i go to fullscreen to youtube, And press the Esc Button, The app or browser i am using, goes after all the apps i have before it. This is an example....
  8. Problem with Taskbar on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Taskbar on windows 10: Hi I am working on a desktop and have win 10 installed and was fully updated yesterday. This problem has existed for some time. I am on a desktop using a dell server as a workstation. Fresh install of the OS 2 weeks ago. Problem: The icons in my taskbar show with an...
  9. Windows 10 taskbar problems

Windows 10 taskbar problems: 2 problems. #1 - when I hover over the taskbar time/date on the right side of taskbar - my other clocks do not appear - no response at all #2 - when I right click on the taskbar time/date, I get a language other than English US - which is the language I have set in...
  10. Hmm... Overall I think Win8(.1 update 1) is better than Win10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hmm... Overall I think Win8(.1 update 1) is better than Win10.: "Reset This PC" Confusion Firstly it seems MS have gotten-rid of the 'Refresh This PC' terminology to describe the distinction between keeping files but keeping settings/apps intact, or removing both files and apps/settings (the old Reset This PC). After you make this first...