Windows 10: Windows 10 to Windows 10 Pro swap

Discus and support Windows 10 to Windows 10 Pro swap in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, Right now I have 2 computers, one is running Windows 10 Pro and the other, my desktop is running Windows 10 Home. Is there an easy way to swap... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ViperWW, Jan 16, 2019.

1. ViperWW Win User

Windows 10 to Windows 10 Pro swap

Hello, Right now I have 2 computers, one is running Windows 10 Pro and the other, my desktop is running Windows 10 Home. Is there an easy way to swap the two windows versions to the other. So that my desktop has Pro & my laptop has Home?

:)

ViperWW, Jan 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Jan 16, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 to Windows 10 Pro swap - Similar Threads - Pro swap

2. I want to swap my windows 10 home key unused to windows 10 pro key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want to swap my windows 10 home key unused to windows 10 pro key: I bought a windows 10 home key a week ago but later understood, that I actually want to use Windows 10 pro. Can I refund my unused windows 10 home key and then buy windows 10 pro?...
  3. I want to swap my windows 10 home key unused to windows 10 pro key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to swap my windows 10 home key unused to windows 10 pro key: I bought a windows 10 home key a week ago but later understood, that I actually want to use Windows 10 pro. Can I refund my unused windows 10 home key and then buy windows 10 pro?...
  4. I want to swap my windows 10 home key unused to windows 10 pro key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Swap Home/Pro Keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swap Home/Pro Keys: Hi All,Not knowing I had a Pro version of W10 on my gaming/workstation PC, I have a need to put Pro onto my home server running W10 Home. I'm specifically interested in using the windows Remote Desktop and Virtual Machines on my home server. I'm excitedly expanding some of my...
  6. Is possible swap two windows 10 licenses ? Home PC1 and Pro PC2

Is possible swap two windows 10 licenses ? Home PC1 and Pro PC2: s possible swap two windows 10 licenses ? Home PC1 and Pro PC2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-possible-swap-two-windows-10-licenses-home-pc1/b5920a12-8254-4614-9f77-c479e4d3efa4
  7. Trouble activating windows 10 pro after motherboard swap.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble activating windows 10 pro after motherboard swap.: I recently changed motherboards and am having trouble activating windows 10 on PC. Im currently on my new PC. Windows is installed, but not activated. I quadruple checked everything (I thought) on my previous computer. I had a retail license and under the activation details...
  8. Swapping windows pro from laptop to pc

Swapping windows pro from laptop to pc: Hi People, I have a laptop running windows 10 pro and i'm running windows 10 home on my pc. I want to swap them around, how do i do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/swapping-windows-pro-from-laptop-to-pc/f7f870aa-a903-4afb-a42e-b6657170c79d
  9. Swapping Windows 10 Home with Windows 10 Pro

Swapping Windows 10 Home with Windows 10 Pro: I have two laptops one with Intel core i5 processor and other with intel Celeron processor. The i5 variant has windows 10 Home preinstalled and Celeron variant has Windows 10 Pro which I upgraded from Windows 10 Student. Is it possible to swap OS versions and use Windows 10...
  10. Swap Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home edition license between two laptops

Swap Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home edition license between two laptops: Hi All, I had an Dell XPS 15 laptop purchased many years back. I also had bought windows 10 Pro when it was launched. Now recently I bought an Dell Alienware laptop and I wish to swap the license between this two laptops. Please let me know how I can do that. Thanks...