Windows 10: Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

Discus and support Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A bit of conflict between a windows 10 upgrading to windows 11 update failure discovered while attempting to install McAfee Scanning Tool. Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mark from Michigan, Mar 19, 2024.

1. Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

A bit of conflict between a windows 10 upgrading to windows 11 update failure discovered while attempting to install McAfee Scanning Tool. Windows error: This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements. The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11. Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics. I want to get the "warning" removed so I can fully complete the McAfee install without error which McAfee support says is related to this upgrade issue. Looking for options to go back to past windows 10 build but the Recovery page has "Go back to previous build" gr

:)

Mark from Michigan, Mar 19, 2024

2. Windows 11 install failure

Hi Ron. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

Are you trying to Upgrade while saving our files, apps and settings, or do a Clean Install?

1) To troubleshoot Upgrade failure problems please post back all results as well as any verbatim error message and number you receive as you work through these troubleshooting steps:

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/windows-11-pro...

https://www.lifewire.com/fix-when-windows-11-wo...

https://www.ubackup.com/articles/windows-11-ins...

https://windowsreport.com/windows-11-installati... (Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially avoid Restoro and Reimage ads)

2) Follow the steps under Download Windows 11 DIsk Image ISO, by clicking the link "Before you Start" at https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-downlo....

3) Double click ISO to mount it as a virtual drive, right click Setup to Run as Administrator, follow steps here to Upgrade from ISO:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/clean-install-or...

4) If failure persists post a screenshot of Disk Management, which I read like a doctor reads X-rays. Follow the steps here so I can see everything needed to advise you: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/foru...

Please report back results for each step in every link, so I know what else to suggest. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Mar 19, 2024
  3. 0pTicaL Win User
    "Application Install install package failure!" while installing 13.9

Running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and MSI 6970 Lightning.

I was upgrading from 13.4 after I did a clean uninstall with AMD Catalyst Install Manager.

Doesn't say what installation failed in the install log. Everything in the log says Success but at the very bottom it says "Application Install: install package failure!" but doesn't say what failed to install.

I only install video drivers and no CCC.

The only thing I noticed is AMD Catalyst Install Manager is not listed in my programs list.

0pTicaL, Mar 19, 2024
  4. Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 19, 2024
Thema:

Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

1. Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure - Similar Threads - Upgrade failure Cannot

2. Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure: A bit of conflict between a windows 10 upgrading to windows 11 update failure discovered while attempting to install McAfee Scanning Tool. Windows error: This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements. The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11....
  3. Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure: A bit of conflict between a windows 10 upgrading to windows 11 update failure discovered while attempting to install McAfee Scanning Tool. Windows error: This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements. The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11....
  4. Failure to install Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure to install Windows 11 upgrade: I am having a curious issue with my Surface Book 2. I received this Surface Book, with a completely wiped drive. It took several tries to get Windows 10 installed. Mostly, this was because the NVIDIA driver would cause a BSoD from a Page fault. It took doing an install as...
  5. Failure to install Windows 11 upgrade

Failure to install Windows 11 upgrade: I am having a curious issue with my Surface Book 2. I received this Surface Book, with a completely wiped drive. It took several tries to get Windows 10 installed. Mostly, this was because the NVIDIA driver would cause a BSoD from a Page fault. It took doing an install as...
  6. Windows 11 Upgrading Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrading Failure: Hi AllI have upgraded Windows 11 to some users with successHowever, one of user has failed to download/install windows 11 So, I downloaded iso file and try to install.After installation, it restarted and go to BSOD with error code : invalid data access then restart to undoing...
  7. Windows 11 Upgrading Failure

Windows 11 Upgrading Failure: Hi AllI have upgraded Windows 11 to some users with successHowever, one of user has failed to download/install windows 11 So, I downloaded iso file and try to install.After installation, it restarted and go to BSOD with error code : invalid data access then restart to undoing...
  8. windows 10 upgrade failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 upgrade failure: I am running the 1909 version and the upgrade to 20H2 has been failing for about a year, one a month. Non-feature upgrades install just fine and a feature upgrade from 1904 to 1909 succeeded after the 20H2 failures. The error code is 0xC1900101 I've been ignoring this for a...
  9. Windows failure after upgrading

Windows failure after upgrading: My PC Dell Inspiron N5010 was running with win 7 and two days ago i have decide to upgrade to win 10 pro online, i did so and it was perfectly running, then second day the display was unstable with a lot of colored pixels and lines appearing on the screen and that prevent...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade failure

Windows 10 upgrade failure: Hi - I had a working PC with Windows 8.1. I set it to download Windows 10 overnight, and the next morning the PC is unresponsive. It seems to have tried to install Windows 10, even though I said only download. Now I can't boot, and get "inaccessible boot device". What is...