Windows 10: Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover

Discus and support Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 and while working this evening, the tooltips somehow turned on. I've been able to disable them within Windows Explorer, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by tfaithw, Mar 2, 2024.

1. tfaithw Win User

Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover

I'm running Windows 10 and while working this evening, the tooltips somehow turned on. I've been able to disable them within Windows Explorer, but hovering on the start menu shows "Start", every single button in Lightroom wants to immediately give me a popup telling me what the button does, every program wants show "Close", "Minimize", some of the links on webpages in Chrome now display tooltips that were never there before, etc. I'd previously done a registry edit years ago to get rid of those stupid little previews that show up when you hover on the taskbar and had to redo that, but at least

:)

tfaithw, Mar 2, 2024

2. Yellow tooltips in Windows 10

So I have a copy of windows 10 and for some reason, the tooltips are suddenly yellow instead of white, how do I make the tooltips white again?

I noticed this when i hovered over the close button and saw that it was yellow

This is what the toolitps look like:

Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover 1de29d74-b162-4a6a-8094-8bf347d2408c?upload=true.png

I noticed it's kind of a mixed state, for example: the taskbar tooltips are still correct but not caption button tooltips

DarwinMurray, Mar 2, 2024
  3. weamish Win User
    No tooltips appear

Already tried the reset, worked for a short time, then stopped working. No tooltips appear when hover mouse pointer over icons on right side of system tray (battery, wifi, volume control)

weamish, Mar 2, 2024
  4. Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover

Tooltips in taskbar list

I have the Windows setting to Always Combine buttons; when I click on a taskbar button it displays a list with the titles of the open windows (I have the registry setting Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband\NumThumnails DWORD (32 bit) (REG_DWORD) with value 0)

so that makes it a list rather than the preview, which is what I want, now the problem is when the list is displayed and I hover with the mouse over an item (or if I do Win+number, repeatedly to cycle through the items), there is this tooltip that shows up, in case the title is on the bigger side and doesn't fit on width, that shows the entire text of the title over several lines. I hate this thing because it obscures the other items in the list.

Would there be any way to turn these tooltips off?

Note I'm not asking to turn off the tooltips that show when you hover over the taskbar button - but when you hover over an item in the list.

Alternatively, is there any way to make the list wider so that longer items fit in it, and that way, the tooltips won't show anymore (I noticed they don't show when I hover over a list item that short - shorter than the overall list width)?

Thanks a bunch!

dfigpsjodhfgijs, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover

1. Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover - Similar Threads - Tooltips suddenly appearing

2. Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover: I'm running Windows 10 and while working this evening, the tooltips somehow turned on. I've been able to disable them within Windows Explorer, but hovering on the start menu shows "Start", every single button in Lightroom wants to immediately give me a popup telling me what...
  3. Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover: I'm running Windows 10 and while working this evening, the tooltips somehow turned on. I've been able to disable them within Windows Explorer, but hovering on the start menu shows "Start", every single button in Lightroom wants to immediately give me a popup telling me what...
  4. Yellow tooltips in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yellow tooltips in Windows 10: So I have a copy of windows 10 and for some reason, the tooltips are suddenly yellow instead of white, how do I make the tooltips white again?I noticed this when i hovered over the close button and saw that it was yellowThis is what the toolitps look like:...
  5. Yellow tooltips in Windows 10

Yellow tooltips in Windows 10: So I have a copy of windows 10 and for some reason, the tooltips are suddenly yellow instead of white, how do I make the tooltips white again?I noticed this when i hovered over the close button and saw that it was yellowThis is what the toolitps look like:...
  6. Yellow tooltips in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yellow tooltips in Windows 10: So I have a copy of windows 10 and for some reason, the tooltips are suddenly yellow instead of white, how do I make the tooltips white again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yellow-tooltips-in-windows-10/314fb29d-6c59-4a00-81a5-3c06cbe6f94a
  7. Persistent tooltip appearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Persistent tooltip appearing: A tooltip from the Home Ribbon left indent button in Word is persistent on my screen, including with other applications or Windows Explorer. [ATTACH] Any thoughts on the cause? How, short of a Restart, do I get rid of it? Windows 10 Professional. 10.0.18363 Build 18363...
  8. How can I get more options on the tooltips hover?

How can I get more options on the tooltips hover?: Hello! My other computer when I hover over a document, the tooltips window pops up and it shows the document dimensions as well as ICC profiles. How can I get that option on my current computer? Thanks! - Becca...
  9. Strange pink highlight on hover/tooltip text

Strange pink highlight on hover/tooltip text: For some reason tooltip/hover text and some other text (often for settings) is highlighted pink. This is shown in the screenshot. I believe in previous versions of windows you could change this in "advanced apperance options" however that was removed in windows 8 and 10 (I...
  10. No tooltips appear

in Windows 10 Support
    No tooltips appear: Looks like I spoke too soon - it's gone again. Seems to come and go randomly, sometimes works again after reboot and sometimes not. 24856