Windows 10: Windows 10 total random freeze

Discus and support Windows 10 total random freeze in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Window 10 laptop is frequently (every day or two) completely freezing. The screen is simply frozen, and the mouse and keyboard are not responsive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by glen95, Aug 31, 2019.

1. glen95 Win User

Windows 10 total random freeze

My Window 10 laptop is frequently (every day or two) completely freezing. The screen is simply frozen, and the mouse and keyboard are not responsive at all (e.g. NumLock light does not change when the key is pressed). The normal power off button does nothing until held down for 10 seconds.

It has happened when no one was near the computer. It has happened while clicking on a simple button on a webpage.

There is nothing relevant in the Event Viewer Application or System logs. All drivers are up-to-date and all windows updates are applied. I've run the DSIM and SFC tools to check for issues.

Any ideas?

Is there a way to get more details or log when Windows 10 freezes?

:)

glen95, Aug 31, 2019
  2. alexzak Win User

Windows 10 Freezing randomly [SOLVED]

Windows 10 is a POS. Random freezes, broken Windows store and Windows apps are common. No clear solutions, just generic troubleshooting steps, or suggestions to reinstall. WTF? Not a hardware problem. Linux works just fine on the very same hardware.
    Nobody knows what's broken in Windows or how to fix it. It's a total trainwreck.

alexzak, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    Windows 10 (Pro 64bit) randomly freezes

Thank you for the information, Neil. To address your concern regarding the random freezes that's happening on your computer, we suggest performing the steps below, and check if the experience will be the same:

• Sign in using an administrator account in your Windows 10 computer.
    • Disable or uninstall any anti-virus that you've installed to prevent it from interfering with the upgrade to Windows 10.
    • Reinstall Windows 10.

Let us know the outcome of the troubleshooting procedure for us to assist you further.

Ralph Sta, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Windows 10 total random freeze

Random freezes or shut downs

Hrrmmmm... but wouldnt formatting and reinstalling windows fix the issue since the virus/trojan/spyware isnt on the system any longer?

forumsviewer, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 total random freeze

1. Windows 10 total random freeze - Similar Threads - total random freeze

2. Total laptop freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Total laptop freeze: While working in Autocad, the laptop freezes. The only thing that helps is a hard reset.These are the errors:First error [ Name] IPF [ Guid] {d3cb85d1-d61c-4bcf-9674-7910ee54d6af} EventID 17 Version 0 Level 2 Task 0 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x8000000000000000 - TimeCreated [...
  3. Total laptop freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Total laptop freeze: While working in Autocad, the laptop freezes. The only thing that helps is a hard reset.These are the errors:First error [ Name] IPF [ Guid] {d3cb85d1-d61c-4bcf-9674-7910ee54d6af} EventID 17 Version 0 Level 2 Task 0 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x8000000000000000 - TimeCreated [...
  4. Total laptop freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Select games freeze randomly -- I'm totally lost on this issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Select games freeze randomly -- I'm totally lost on this issue: PC: i78700k at stock 16GB 3200mhz RAM (default XMP) 2080ti at stock Windows 10 2004 GPU drivers updated, latest bios, latest windows updates. Built PC 2 years ago with a few hardware changes in between. Been working fine up until about a month ago (months after last...
  6. Windows 10 Total System Freeze

Windows 10 Total System Freeze: Hi folks, Having issues recently on Windows 10 where my entire system will freeze up, but ONLY Microsoft stuff. This means my desktop, task manager, the task bar, Visual Studio, etc. Google Chrome remains totally fine and usable, as does Discord and others. The only solution...
  7. Windows 10 with amd totally freezes on idle

Windows 10 with amd totally freezes on idle: My windows almost every hour totally freezes, but only if I don't do anything or just browsing. I have played for hours Assasin - no problem, trained model with 100% CPU utilization for the night- no problem. So I believe this problem related with idle and power problem....
  8. Random freezes and total crashes while gaming/loading games

Random freezes and total crashes while gaming/loading games: Dear people. My PC freeze randomly while gaming. (Cities Skylines, 7Days to Die, Minecraft) Me and my son check everything: RAM, Mainboard, CPU, GPU, SSD, HDD, even the SATA cable. I've got a new power adapter too. (450W) Yesterday I use the troubleshooting in Win10 for my...
  9. Random total freeze with buzzing sound from speakers

Random total freeze with buzzing sound from speakers: Hello all, I hope someone can help me get to the bottom of this infuriating problem. My desktop randomly freezes up, and a buzzing sound emits from my speakers. This can happen anytime, when writing a Word document, watching a movie, playing a game etc. The reset...
  10. Total Computer Freeze

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Total Computer Freeze: So my computer started running a bit slower then it should be, at the point where my computer to open would take half a min, so i did fresh install. So i left installation overnight, i wake up in the morning and it say "Hi there" installation menu where you choose Country,...