Windows 10: Windows 10 Total System Freeze

Discus and support Windows 10 Total System Freeze in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi folks, Having issues recently on Windows 10 where my entire system will freeze up, but ONLY Microsoft stuff. This means my desktop, task manager,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gemisis, May 19, 2020.

1. gemisis Win User

Windows 10 Total System Freeze

Hi folks,

Having issues recently on Windows 10 where my entire system will freeze up, but ONLY Microsoft stuff. This means my desktop, task manager, the task bar, Visual Studio, etc. Google Chrome remains totally fine and usable, as does Discord and others. The only solution I can come to is to reset my machine. When I do so, I noticed that my system reports two unexpected shut downs instead: One at the time of shutdown, and one a little while beforehand. It seems like something in the OS is getting killed off behind the scenes? Note that when this happens, anything I've done after that earliest shutdown does not seem to be saved.

:)

gemisis, May 19, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 19, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, May 19, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Total System Freeze - Similar Threads - Total System Freeze

2. Total laptop freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Total laptop freeze: While working in Autocad, the laptop freezes. The only thing that helps is a hard reset.These are the errors:First error [ Name] IPF [ Guid] {d3cb85d1-d61c-4bcf-9674-7910ee54d6af} EventID 17 Version 0 Level 2 Task 0 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x8000000000000000 - TimeCreated [...
  3. Total laptop freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Total laptop freeze: While working in Autocad, the laptop freezes. The only thing that helps is a hard reset.These are the errors:First error [ Name] IPF [ Guid] {d3cb85d1-d61c-4bcf-9674-7910ee54d6af} EventID 17 Version 0 Level 2 Task 0 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x8000000000000000 - TimeCreated [...
  4. Total laptop freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 total system death

Windows 10 total system death: It all started when my laptop froze and i had to force shut down since that usually fixes the problem but then it can't boot and automatic repair fails to fix the problem. I tried command prompt and even factory reset but all troubleshoots did nothing. so i made a bootable...
  6. Total System Freezes (No BSOD, Requires Manual Restart)

Total System Freezes (No BSOD, Requires Manual Restart): Hi everyone! Love to get some opinions on this! *Smile I wasn't sure where to place this as it isn't exactly a BSOD issue, so point me to the right place if there's a better forum. System: Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77 CPU: Intel i7-3770 3.40 GHz Memory: Kingston DDR3 16...
  7. Windows 10 Update Results in a Total System Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Results in a Total System Reset: Yesterday Windows automatically underwent a major upgrade, I assume from 1903 to 2004. After a few reboots, I logged into my account to find that the system was totally reset, like out of the box. All of my custom settings were reset. The library links were not connected to...
  8. Windows 10 total random freeze

Windows 10 total random freeze: My Window 10 laptop is frequently (every day or two) completely freezing. The screen is simply frozen, and the mouse and keyboard are not responsive at all (e.g. NumLock light does not change when the key is pressed). The normal power off button does nothing until held down...
  9. Windows 10 with amd totally freezes on idle

Windows 10 with amd totally freezes on idle: My windows almost every hour totally freezes, but only if I don't do anything or just browsing. I have played for hours Assasin - no problem, trained model with 100% CPU utilization for the night- no problem. So I believe this problem related with idle and power problem....
  10. Total Computer Freeze

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Total Computer Freeze: So my computer started running a bit slower then it should be, at the point where my computer to open would take half a min, so i did fresh install. So i left installation overnight, i wake up in the morning and it say "Hi there" installation menu where you choose Country,...