Windows 10: Windows 10 total wifi data usage from last 30 days not match to app usage details

Discus and support Windows 10 total wifi data usage from last 30 days not match to app usage details in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I checked the wifi data usage of my PC on the path SETTINGS > NETWORK AND INTERNET > DATA USAGE, it shows the total data usage is 10G. When I further... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SOAP8, Jul 9, 2019.

1. SOAP8 Win User

Windows 10 total wifi data usage from last 30 days not match to app usage details

I checked the wifi data usage of my PC on the path SETTINGS > NETWORK AND INTERNET > DATA USAGE, it shows the total data usage is 10G. When I further check and clicked into USAGE DETAILS, the sum of all apps is only 7G. Alternatively, when I turned my PC to flight mode, the total data usage became 7G tally with USAGE DETAILS. Does anyone know whereis this 3G difference come from? Thank you.

:)

SOAP8, Jul 9, 2019
  2. D.Charner Win User

DATA USAGE BEYOND 30 DAYS

My WiFi Modem as of yesterday recorded about 12GB. Obviously it came with no instructions indicating that any usage is recorded anywhere but on NY day it recorded about 12MB which leaves me relying on Win. 10 data usage but it only records 30 days usage
    with no apparent option to modify it. Usage Apps. from the store also seem to be restricted to 30 days. Is there some way to just record usage from a given point?

D.Charner, Jul 9, 2019
  3. LouiseEBL Win User
    Data usage definition

Hi. This may be simple, but I wanted to confirm.

I'm on windows 10, if I go to the wifi symbol in the bottom right tray and select 'network and internet settings', I can then go to data usage.

This shows total data usage of the last 30 days, I can also view usage details and see data usage by app - e.g. by chrome, dropbox, outlook individually.

What I wanted to check is that this is upload and download, as opposed to just download.

Thanks

Lou

LouiseEBL, Jul 9, 2019
  4. this.lau_ Win User

Windows 10 total wifi data usage from last 30 days not match to app usage details

Detailed information about data usage in Windows 10?

I'm looking for a way to get detailed data usage in Windows 10, something that would show the usage hour by hour (or even minute by minute) for each application.

I know about the two methods described here but the first one only shows global data usage over 30 days (I need more details), and the second only shows data for built-in Windows app, and not for regular desktop apps.

Any suggestions?

this.lau_, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 total wifi data usage from last 30 days not match to app usage details - Similar Threads - total wifi data

2. Seeing Data usage from last 24 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeing Data usage from last 24 hours: Hi, my friend recently asked me how to see Data usage from last 24 hours and I told him how to do this. Unfortunately he says he doesn't have option to change range on Data usage setting's screen, witch I have. I always had it, even on previous Windows 10 or before I became...
  3. Seeing Data usage from last 24 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seeing Data usage from last 24 hours: Hi, my friend recently asked me how to see Data usage from last 24 hours and I told him how to do this. Unfortunately he says he doesn't have option to change range on Data usage setting's screen, witch I have. I always had it, even on previous Windows 10 or before I became...
  4. System Data Usage 30GB a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Data Usage 30GB a day: For the past two months, my "system" data usage has been hitting 30GB a day. I've gone through all of the previous posts about changing different settings and turning off apps to try to limit it but it still hasn't dropped below 25GB a day. What could be causing this issue?...
  5. System Data Usage 30GB a day

System Data Usage 30GB a day: For the past two months, my "system" data usage has been hitting 30GB a day. I've gone through all of the previous posts about changing different settings and turning off apps to try to limit it but it still hasn't dropped below 25GB a day. What could be causing this issue?...
  6. Data Usage - over 490 gigs of used by "system" in last 30 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Usage - over 490 gigs of used by "system" in last 30 days: Hello all! I am trying to understand why my new laptop with Windows 11 installed on it would utilize 490 gigs of data. I recently received a data overage bill from my internet provider....any suggestions on why this may happen and what I could do to prevent it from happening...
  7. Data Usage - over 490 gigs of used by "system" in last 30 days

Data Usage - over 490 gigs of used by "system" in last 30 days: Hello all! I am trying to understand why my new laptop with Windows 11 installed on it would utilize 490 gigs of data. I recently received a data overage bill from my internet provider....any suggestions on why this may happen and what I could do to prevent it from happening...
  8. Cloud Data usage on wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cloud Data usage on wifi: When I look at my useage details on my wifi, in windows 10 it show 20gb cloud. Really ? I dont use any services other then connectioon to that internet for web stuff, and game play. Problem is everytime i use my phone teather, the 3gb data i have gets ate up real, fast, just...
  9. DATA USAGE BEYOND 30 DAYS

in Windows 10 Customization
    DATA USAGE BEYOND 30 DAYS: My WiFi Modem as of yesterday recorded about 12GB. Obviously it came with no instructions indicating that any usage is recorded anywhere but on NY day it recorded about 12MB which leaves me relying on Win. 10 data usage but it only records 30 days usage with no apparent...
  10. View Network Data Usage Details in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Network Data Usage Details in Windows 10: How to: View Network Data Usage Details in Windows 10 How View Network Data Usage Details in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to view the Wi-Fi and Ethernet network data usage details of apps from the last 30 days on your Windows 10 PC. Microsoft is making...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 wifi discreprency data usage

2. windows 10 total data usage