Windows 10: Windows 10 touch issue, fully updated as of post

Discus and support Windows 10 touch issue, fully updated as of post in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, i have a what seems to be an unusual problem. I'm running stock/default everything normal win10 on a touch tablet. its a 2-1 with no additional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gh0stpirate, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Windows 10 touch issue, fully updated as of post

Hello, i have a what seems to be an unusual problem. I'm running stock/default everything normal win10 on a touch tablet. its a 2-1 with no additional "config utilities" etc.

When i touch any of the standard UI (example, touching the background in desktop mode, or closing a windows form that doesn't natively support touch)

My screen instantly locks. I'd love to utilize the touch screen on this tablet properly. How can i address this behavior?

I'm not intimidated to change any reg settings or utilize any options necessary. The use case for this tablet is a glorified web browser/occasional movie, and the odd remote to do some dev work when i'm too lazy to get up.

:)

gh0stpirate, Dec 24, 2018

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Windows 10 fully updated. Mouse freezes now and then.

ITS BACK! ITS BEEN HERE SINCE MORNING AND NO MATTER WHAT I DO IT WONT GO AWAY *Frown Windows 10 touch issue, fully updated as of post :(

Thats it, im going back to 8.1 :/ enough is enough. it wont let me uninstall the windows updates so that i can fix the issue manually.

so you are yourself saying that a fully updated windows 10 installation is corrupt for no reason *Big Grin Windows 10 touch issue, fully updated as of post :D see, it is crap. i got windows 10 on my work PC as well, and it has tons of compatibility issues. Hell, even Microsofts Office 360 / 2016 doesnt work properly.

de.das.dude, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Windows 10 touch issue, fully updated as of post

Touch screen disabled in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1: Try to run a inbuilt
    Hardware troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch Screen. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting
      and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    Method 2.Try updating the Touch screen drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the touch Screendrivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on
      Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 touch issue, fully updated as of post

1. Windows 10 touch issue, fully updated as of post - Similar Threads - touch issue fully

2. KB5034204 Windows Update - Post Install Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5034204 Windows Update - Post Install Issue: My Epson ET-2650 Printer is now printing blank pages since installing the KB5034204 Windows update. I have been unable to fix the issue so I am thinking of uninstalling the update to see if my printer will go back to "normal." Can this be achieved by simply using the...
  3. KB5034204 Windows Update - Post Install Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5034204 Windows Update - Post Install Issue: My Epson ET-2650 Printer is now printing blank pages since installing the KB5034204 Windows update. I have been unable to fix the issue so I am thinking of uninstalling the update to see if my printer will go back to "normal." Can this be achieved by simply using the...
  4. Windows not fully posting? Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not fully posting? Win10: When I turn on my PC windows is not properly posting, I can not access the start menu or any feature through the windows user interface ie, if I click on the speaker on the right of the tasks bar the output audio options and volume controller do not pop outIf I use task...
  5. Windows not fully posting? Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not fully posting? Win10: When I turn on my PC windows is not properly posting, I can not access the start menu or any feature through the windows user interface ie, if I click on the speaker on the right of the tasks bar the output audio options and volume controller do not pop outIf I use task...
  6. Windows not fully posting? Win10

7. Disk 100% Used Issue, post Windows 10 Update...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk 100% Used Issue, post Windows 10 Update...: Hi, After a recent update this month (July) to my Windows 10, my HP Laptops Disk Usage is regularly at 100%, and my laptop is much slower than usual! I gave this a week or so after the update before deciding it was an issue and not going to sort itself out.. The disk usage is...
  8. Disk 100% Used Issue, post Windows 10 Update...

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk 100% Used Issue, post Windows 10 Update...: Hi, After a recent update this month (July) to my Windows 10, my HP Laptops Disk Usage is regularly at 100%, and my laptop is much slower than usual! I gave this a week or so after the update before deciding it was an issue and not going to sort itself out.. The disk usage is...
  9. windows 10 post 20h2 update tablet mode issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 post 20h2 update tablet mode issue: Hey there, I have a problem with toggling the tablet mode option. It was available in the quick action center but post 20h2 it's gone and I have tried to to add it via going to the settings but it still doesn't show the option of toggling on/off the tablet mode from the...
  10. Windows 10, post update issue with Chrome browser

Windows 10, post update issue with Chrome browser: Hi, Is anyone else having this issue? I use Google Chrome and following every Windows update I find that Chrome has been hijacked by Yahoo. I have to re-install Chrome to get over the problem but that isn't really satisfactory. Does this happen to any other browsers or just...