Windows 10: Windows 10 touch keyboard does not switch keyboard layouts.

Discus and support Windows 10 touch keyboard does not switch keyboard layouts. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I am in tablet mode, the touch keyboard on screen will not switch keyboard layouts. I have the option in the corner to change layouts, and I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bradley_123, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 touch keyboard does not switch keyboard layouts.

When I am in tablet mode, the touch keyboard on screen will not switch keyboard layouts. I have the option in the corner to change layouts, and I can tap the option and change the letters displaying on the on-screen keyboard, but when I type, the letters showing up are based on the default keyboard layout.

I'm using Windows 10 on a new Surface Pro 6, and I normally type using the Dvorak keyboard layout. I would like the default keyboard layout for the touch keyboard to be qwerty while the laptop mode default is Dvorak, but I'd just be happy if the keys I touched showed up based on the layout selected.

I've done a good about of searching before deciding to post on here. This bug is making tablet mode hard to use, so I appreciate any help. All of my software is up to date, and this has been an issue since day 1.

:)

Bradley_123, Feb 2, 2019

2. Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it).

Now when I switch to French I find that I am often in another layout which I believe to be the Canadian French layout, although I am not completely sure. It is similar to the Canadian multilingual with the most notable difference being that the è and the / are swapped round. I have never chosen the Canadian French keyboard in my preferences and it isn't listed there now. Canadian Multilingual is what is listed.

What's even more annoying is that the layout seems to switch randomly between Canadian Multilingual and Canadian French while I am typing, so I am never really sure what is going to happen when I try to type an è.

How can I get my keyboard to consistently be Canadian Multilingual when I am typing in French?

ricecrispies, Feb 2, 2019
  3. [EXIT] Win User
    switching keyboard layouts between devices

I recently bought a surface book on a holiday to USA and it has a US keyboard layout. When I set this device to use the US keyboard layout it switched all of the other devices on my account to suit. How can I set the surface book to a US keyboard Layout
    but keep my desktop, laptop and tablet on the UK keyboard layout (which is the keyboard layout they all use) but still all attached to the my Microsoft account?

Step by step instructions would be appreciated for an idiot.

Thanks

[EXIT], Feb 2, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 touch keyboard does not switch keyboard layouts.

Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 touch keyboard does not switch keyboard layouts.

1. Windows 10 touch keyboard does not switch keyboard layouts. - Similar Threads - touch keyboard does

2. Touch keyboard layout is wrong and different from On-Screen keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch keyboard layout is wrong and different from On-Screen keyboard: I recently upgraded my Surface Pro to Windows 11. There is one virtual keyboard issue that I cannot seem to be able to resolve. I reported this to Microsoft, but I have not heard anything back, so maybe it is just me doing something wrong...The problem was not present in...
  3. Touch keyboard layout is wrong and different from On-Screen keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch keyboard layout is wrong and different from On-Screen keyboard: I recently upgraded my Surface Pro to Windows 11. There is one virtual keyboard issue that I cannot seem to be able to resolve. I reported this to Microsoft, but I have not heard anything back, so maybe it is just me doing something wrong...The problem was not present in...
  4. Windows 10 keeps switching keyboard layouts.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keeps switching keyboard layouts.: Hi, After every reboot of an up to date Windows 10, my keyboard layout switches to Swiss German, but I'm working on a PC with a US international keyboard. Sometimes I work from my laptop with a Swiss German keyboard. Somehow the computer's keyboard layout is tied to the...
  5. Language keyboard layout switching issue

Language keyboard layout switching issue: Hello, Since a few weeks, I have some troubles with the language preferences : I'm a french user of a qwerty keyboard because qwerty is the best<3 but obviously, I need to switch to the french layout when I want to type the accented letters. For more than a year I had no...
  6. Keyboard layout switching issue

Keyboard layout switching issue: Hello, I use Windows 10. In my system there are several combination of language/keyboard layout: - English/United States-International QWERTY - English/US QWERTY - Russian/Russian - French/United States-International QWERTY - French/French AZERTY I try to configure...
  7. Auto-switch keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto-switch keyboard layout?: I have 2 keyboards with different layouts (US-International and PT-ABNT2) I switch back and forth between. I currently have a shortcut set to change layouts. Is there any way to configure Windows 10 so it automatically switches to the correct layout based on the keyboard I'm...
  8. Problems switching between keyboard layouts

Problems switching between keyboard layouts: I am having trouble switching between keyboard layouts for different languages. English is my default setting and I have the language packs for 4 other languages installed. However, the language selection icon the one that normally appears in the lower righthand corner...
  9. Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout: When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it). Now when I switch...
  10. Change Layout of Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Layout of Touch Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Change Layout of Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC. Windows 10 includes a touch keyboard for PCs. You can...