Windows 10: Windows 10 touch keyboard is unresponsive in skype

Discus and support Windows 10 touch keyboard is unresponsive in skype in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; windows 10 touch keyboard unusable in any version of skype desktop, store version; including web because of huge delay and responsiveness issues. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mannos_86, Sep 11, 2020.

1. mannos_86 Win User

Windows 10 touch keyboard is unresponsive in skype

windows 10 touch keyboard unusable in any version of skype desktop, store version; including web because of huge delay and responsiveness issues. This only happens in skype. Also while typing the skype window the skype window and touch keyboard sometimes flicker - this happens especially when i try to use the touch keyboard backspace. This makes skype text chat unusable on my tablet unless i connect a physical keyboard...

I have already tried reinstalling skype all versions one by one

I am using win 10 home. Using the "on-screen keyboard" app the non-metro one these issues are not present but that keyboard has ZERO integration with windows 10 - doesn't open automatically, doesn't close automatically, size of buttons is awkward and too close to each other so u always misstype.

It is highly surprising i have not found anyone else having this issue after searching google....

Edit: i would also like to make windows NEVER EVER CLOSE the touch keyboard again - it closes the keyboard in whatsapp after sending every single message and i have to open it again every time by either touching the chat field or the touch keyboard icon - why is there an option to enable/disable automatically opening the keyboard but not one for automatically closing it?

I paid so much money for this surface piece of **** - i could have literally had 20 flagship android tablets THAT WORK rather then your piece of **** product for the same cost....

:)

mannos_86, Sep 11, 2020
  2. dorsetknob, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Problem in windows 10 Touch Keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can get the touch keyboard icon:

• Right Click on the task bar on empty place and
    • Select the option which says Show touch keyboard button

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

Add the Touch Keyboard Icon to the Action Center

Hi Doug,

Adding the touch keyboard on the items in Action Center is currently not available in Windows 10. However, you can change the settings to automatically show the touch keyboard when you use the device in tablet mode. If you'd like to do this, you can
    follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • Go to Typing.
    • Under Touch keyboard settings, switch on Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there’s no keyboard attached to your device.

If you want to provide a feedback or suggestion to Microsoft to have the touch keyboard available in Action Center, you can post it
    here.

Let us know if the suggestion above works for you.

Keep us posted.

Ruz San, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 touch keyboard is unresponsive in skype - Similar Threads - touch keyboard unresponsive

2. Unresponsive touchpad and touch screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unresponsive touchpad and touch screen: My touchpad and touch screen are now unresponsive after getting a Windows update and a driver update. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? What can I do to fix it?...
  3. Keypad and Touch Pad unresponsive

Keypad and Touch Pad unresponsive: I have Surface Pro 5 tablet. Its keypad as also touch pad are not responding. As a result I cannot find the curser. Having a touch screen and pen helps but it is quite tedious for normal typing etc. Please advise....
  4. Keyboard unresponsive

Keyboard unresponsive: I just installed the new update that windows was pushing today. After a couple hours my keyboard and mouse stopped responding so I restarted my system. The mouse works now but not the keyboard. Yet, when I press any key on the lock screen startup, it opens it to put my...
  5. Windows 10 touch/virtual keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 touch/virtual keyboard: [IMG]Hi, i have a question regarding MS touch/virtual keyboard. i need to change key layout not language or restrict icons on the keyboard. We are using ms10 with kiosk mode browser and everything works apart from option where user have access to the desktop by simply...
  6. Vanishing touch keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Vanishing touch keyboard in Windows 10: When using touch keyboard on a tablet PC or virtual keyboard on a desktop PC on writing special characters as in picture beneath, the keyboard disappears and have to take back to visible every time. This is irritating property, have been a long time. I have given feedback...
  7. Unresponsive keyboard

Unresponsive keyboard: Hi. The keyboard panel of my laptop (Acer TravelMate 249 series) has been unresponsive after the following update (2018-12 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4471324)). Could anyone please advise me on what I should do? Thank you....
  8. windows 10 touch keyboard error

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 touch keyboard error: my on screen keyboard just show it border,please help me, thx [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-touch-keyboard-error/c2640107-4da8-403a-8108-1d70e0698569
  9. Unresponsive touch pen

Unresponsive touch pen: Hi.i have a winmate rugged tablet which i bought new a year and a half ago. About 2 months ago the pen stopped working. The touch screen still works perfectltso its not that. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance...
  10. Windows 10 Touch Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Touch Keyboard: So I bought a s****y new Windows 10 tablet with all kinds of bells and whistles. My only problem is that I apparently type too fast for the on screen keyboard. When you hold a letter, it comes up with some obscure charcters that nobody will ever realistically use, myself as...