Windows 10: Windows 10 touch keyboard settings missing

Discus and support Windows 10 touch keyboard settings missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I get those missing settings to appear?[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by fxmgonz2386, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Windows 10 touch keyboard settings missing

How can I get those missing settings to appear? Windows 10 touch keyboard settings missing 07af24df-2a84-434c-bab4-8334e6a2b36b?upload=true.png

:)

fxmgonz2386, Oct 30, 2018

2. Touch Keyboard Settings missing

Hi Graham,

• Have you installed all the pending Windows updates? If not I suggest you to check.

Also I suggest you to check whether the devices are governed or configured through group policy as you mentioned multiple devices used in a domain environment such as hospitals.

I suggest you to check whether the Onscreen Keyboard is working or not. Refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + U and select the On-Screen Keyboard from the Ease of Access
      list. Or click on Ease of Access at bottom right and select
      On-Screen Keyboard from the list.
    • Then use you cursor to type the password with On-Screen Keyboard.
    • Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Add the Touch Keyboard Icon to the Action Center

Hi Doug,

Adding the touch keyboard on the items in Action Center is currently not available in Windows 10. However, you can change the settings to automatically show the touch keyboard when you use the device in tablet mode. If you'd like to do this, you can
    follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • Go to Typing.
    • Under Touch keyboard settings, switch on Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there’s no keyboard attached to your device.

If you want to provide a feedback or suggestion to Microsoft to have the touch keyboard available in Action Center, you can post it
    here.

Let us know if the suggestion above works for you.

Keep us posted.

Ruz San, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Windows 10 touch keyboard settings missing

Windows 10 touch keyboard has stopped appearing

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

A quick question before we proceed:

What is the KB number of the update you have installed?

To know the KB numbers of the failing updates, follow the below steps:

• In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
      • In the left pane, click View update history.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to enable touch keyboard when there is no keyboard attached to the device.

• Press the Windows key
      or click on Start icon.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Devices.
    • Click on Typing.
    • Scroll down and toggle on: Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there's no keyboard attached
      to your device.

Method 2:

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

2. Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

2. Next click on Action center and select Tablet Mode.

3. Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

5. Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 touch keyboard settings missing

1. Windows 10 touch keyboard settings missing - Similar Threads - touch keyboard settings

2. Touch Keyboard Settings Menu Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Keyboard Settings Menu Missing: I tried to turn my pc into touchscreen device, and all good except the touch keyboard.I followed every tips and insctruction, but all of them suggest me to turn on the touch keybord in typing settings menu. The problem is that my “Touch Keyboard” settings menu is missing, how...
  3. Touch Keyboard Settings Menu Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch Keyboard Settings Menu Missing: I tried to turn my pc into touchscreen device, and all good except the touch keyboard.I followed every tips and insctruction, but all of them suggest me to turn on the touch keybord in typing settings menu. The problem is that my “Touch Keyboard” settings menu is missing, how...
  4. Touch Keyboard Settings Menu Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The touch keyboard is missing in the Windows 11 setup screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The touch keyboard is missing in the Windows 11 setup screens: I have Windows 11, version 22H2, installed on my tablet PC. Since it’s a tablet, I use the touch keyboard to type directly on the touchscreen. I needed to reset Windows, and now I’m going through Windows setup screens, however the touch keyboard isn’t appearing in the...
  6. The touch keyboard is missing in the Windows 11 setup screens

The touch keyboard is missing in the Windows 11 setup screens: I have Windows 11, version 22H2, installed on my tablet PC. Since it’s a tablet, I use the touch keyboard to type directly on the touchscreen. I needed to reset Windows, and now I’m going through Windows setup screens, however the touch keyboard isn’t appearing in the...
  7. Touch keyboard and handwriting service is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch keyboard and handwriting service is missing: After I install the windows 11 hh2h update, the Touch keyboard and handwriting service is missed, and the touch keyboard does not open automatically only manualy from taskbar, how can solve this problem ? can I register or install this service ?...
  8. Touch keyboard and handwriting service is missing

Touch keyboard and handwriting service is missing: After I install the windows 11 hh2h update, the Touch keyboard and handwriting service is missed, and the touch keyboard does not open automatically only manualy from taskbar, how can solve this problem ? can I register or install this service ?...
  9. Windows 10 Touch Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Touch Keyboard: So I bought a s****y new Windows 10 tablet with all kinds of bells and whistles. My only problem is that I apparently type too fast for the on screen keyboard. When you hold a letter, it comes up with some obscure charcters that nobody will ever realistically use, myself as...
  10. Touch Keyboard Missing Numbers on Ergonomic view.

in Windows 10 Support
    Touch Keyboard Missing Numbers on Ergonomic view.: On Win8 when you clicked ergonomic view for the Touch Keyboard (left and right keys are separated), it showed the number pad in the middle. On Win10 tech preview (build 10049), it is a blank space instead. This is absolutely rediculous, and makes typing passwords which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touch keyboard settings disappeared

2. windows 10 touch keyboard settings missing

3. Windows typing settings missing windows 10

4. touch keyboard is missing in windows 10,
  5. windows 10 touch keyboard setting is missing