Windows 10: Windows 10 touch/virtual keyboard

Discus and support Windows 10 touch/virtual keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [IMG]Hi, i have a question regarding MS touch/virtual keyboard. i need to change key layout not language or restrict icons on the keyboard. We are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Koen888, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Koen888 Win User

Windows 10 touch/virtual keyboard

Windows 10 touch/virtual keyboard [​IMG]Hi,

i have a question regarding MS touch/virtual keyboard.

i need to change key layout not language or restrict icons on the keyboard. We are using ms10 with kiosk mode browser and everything works apart from option where user have access to the desktop by simply clicking settings key where is keyboard layout and clicking options, then from there hi can close browser and do whatever he wants. Of course there are restrictions on what he can do in ms10 but the point is to not allow him to close browser. The whole point of having kiosk mode. Station works without keyboard/mouse.
    The first pic is what w10 displays where user is already logged in in kiosk mode.

The second one is where is menu to log in to the windows10 as a admin/user.
    How to set up same keyboard for the user in kiosk mode with switched off settings button.

Windows 10 touch/virtual keyboard [​IMG]

:)

Koen888, Jan 23, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Permanently Enable Virtual Touch Keyboard in Desktop Mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

If you want to enable the Touch keyboard follow the steps

• Right Click on the taskbar
    • Click on Show touch keyboard button
    • Then you will be able to see the keyboard in the taskbar, whenever it’s required you can just click on the icon on the taskbar.
    It is not possible to disable the Auto-hide behavior of touch keyboard in Windows 10, whenever you use
    the physical keyboard then it will automatically hides the Touch Keyboard.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Add the Touch Keyboard Icon to the Action Center

Hi Doug,

Adding the touch keyboard on the items in Action Center is currently not available in Windows 10. However, you can change the settings to automatically show the touch keyboard when you use the device in tablet mode. If you'd like to do this, you can
    follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • Go to Typing.
    • Under Touch keyboard settings, switch on Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there’s no keyboard attached to your device.

If you want to provide a feedback or suggestion to Microsoft to have the touch keyboard available in Action Center, you can post it
    here.

Let us know if the suggestion above works for you.

Keep us posted.

Ruz San, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 touch/virtual keyboard

Problem in windows 10 Touch Keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can get the touch keyboard icon:

• Right Click on the task bar on empty place and
    • Select the option which says Show touch keyboard button

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 touch/virtual keyboard

1. Windows 10 touch/virtual keyboard - Similar Threads - touch virtual keyboard

2. Tablet Mode/Keyboard for All Users Touch screen virtual keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet Mode/Keyboard for All Users Touch screen virtual keyboard: Hi all,I have an issue with touch screen virtual keyboard not On screen keyboard, that in one user tablet it's perfectly fine but on two users tablet the layout is little bit differnet.The tablets are identically.Is there any config in registry that i can change that change...
  3. Tablet Mode/Keyboard for All Users Touch screen virtual keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet Mode/Keyboard for All Users Touch screen virtual keyboard: Hi all,I have an issue with touch screen virtual keyboard not On screen keyboard, that in one user tablet it's perfectly fine but on two users tablet the layout is little bit differnet.The tablets are identically.Is there any config in registry that i can change that change...
  4. Touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch keyboard: The touch keyboard on the computer for some reason does not pop up automatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard/b6392961-5f04-4886-91b0-b95c817c60b9
  5. Touch keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch keyboard: The touch keyboard on the taskbar has stopped working. What could be the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard/829ab1b7-52c5-4a19-92ef-07eb13c6f4c7
  6. Vanishing touch keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Vanishing touch keyboard in Windows 10: When using touch keyboard on a tablet PC or virtual keyboard on a desktop PC on writing special characters as in picture beneath, the keyboard disappears and have to take back to visible every time. This is irritating property, have been a long time. I have given feedback...
  7. windows 10 touch keyboard error

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 touch keyboard error: my on screen keyboard just show it border,please help me, thx [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-touch-keyboard-error/c2640107-4da8-403a-8108-1d70e0698569
  8. touch keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touch keyboard: on my dell inspiron 13 5000series, I folded the screen back to activate tablit mode and pressed the touck keyboard icon and a blanc white space appeared on my screen where the keyboard shpuld appear. this disabled rhe icons at the bottom until I converted into laptop mode.i...
  9. Windows 10 Touch Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Touch Keyboard: So I bought a s****y new Windows 10 tablet with all kinds of bells and whistles. My only problem is that I apparently type too fast for the on screen keyboard. When you hold a letter, it comes up with some obscure charcters that nobody will ever realistically use, myself as...
  10. No touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    No touch keyboard: I have a windows tablet which I perhaps unwisely upgraded from Win7 to Win10. Actually Win10 is working just fine except for one problem. The touch keyboard which was in my Win7 system tray is no longer available. Win10 has an icon in the system tray which looks nearly...