Windows 10: Windows 10 Touchpad intermittent problems in browsers only

Discus and support Windows 10 Touchpad intermittent problems in browsers only in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Touchpad problems: Two-fingers scrolling get stuck in Chrome and Edge browsers. Clicks and Taps responses are missing. Symptoms are short term... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndreyGleener, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Touchpad intermittent problems in browsers only

Touchpad problems:

Two-fingers scrolling get stuck in Chrome and Edge browsers. Clicks and Taps responses are missing. Symptoms are short term intermittent happen 5 - 10% of the time.

On installed applications touchpad works fine.

This is brand new Asus UX331 laptop Win10 Home.

I checked drivers - latest.

Adjusting settings (Touchpad settings, pointer settings) does not help.

I looked at Task manager expecting to see high processor utilization or memory usage in the moments when it get stuck but do not see anything like that.

Tested websites: on exact same sites older Asus Win8 works just fine, never get stuck.

Please advise.

:)

AndreyGleener, Jun 12, 2019

2. Problem with touchpad and browsers

Hi Kazeem,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update the Touchpad Driver.

• Press Windows + x key together and select
      Device Manager.
    • Locate the Touchpad Driver.
    • Right click on the Touchpad Driver
      icon and click on “Update Driver Software”.
    • Click on “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software” option.

Method 2: Install the Driver in Compatibility mode:

Older drivers can be installed in compatibility mode, specific drivers are not likely to be available as the Windows 10 is a latest Operating System.

I suggest you to download the display card drivers from manufacture website and install the in compatibility mode

Right click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in
      Compatibility mode
      and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.

Please do reply and let us know the troubleshooting results. If the issue persists, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 12, 2019
  3. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Jun 12, 2019
  4. nxavis9 Win User

Windows 10 Touchpad intermittent problems in browsers only

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Touchpad intermittent problems in browsers only

1. Windows 10 Touchpad intermittent problems in browsers only - Similar Threads - Touchpad intermittent problems

2. touchpad - v. complex problem - intermittent loss of control over

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad - v. complex problem - intermittent loss of control over: HiFirst off, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the touchpad driver. My problem is a difficult one, and I've already had the help of someone which took several hours. Basically, intermittently - it can be once a month, once a week, once every two weeks - I lose control of the...
  3. Mouse and Touchpad intermittently not responding

Mouse and Touchpad intermittently not responding: Hello,After powering my laptop from sleep mode, and even after a reboot, my mouse and touchpad do not respond to any clicks made. The only way I can control my open Apps in Windows is via the keyboard. Yet, my mouse and touchpad work because I can see the cursor moving around...
  4. Windows 10 browsers problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 browsers problem: So I recently built a computer and installed windows 10 complete with a windows activation key. Microsoft Edge came pre installed with windows. However, after I installed chrome, any time I search something the results come up sideways. YouTube, Netflix or a simple search. I...
  5. Windows 10 - Browsers and Microsoft Teams crashing intermittently.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Browsers and Microsoft Teams crashing intermittently.: I've had some major ongoing issues with my Lenovo AIO 520, running on Windows 10 Home Single Language, AMD Ryzen 3 2200 GE, especially whenever I try to work on Teams or open browsers. Basically, what happens is one of the following: A I'm in the middle of a meeting with...
  6. TouchPad problem in windows 10

TouchPad problem in windows 10: My touchpad stop working after recent windows 10 update and not able to fix this issue please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-problem-in-windows-10/a88182ed-4949-4608-a424-2ea108d3ab59
  7. Problems scrolling with touchpad only on certain overlays

Problems scrolling with touchpad only on certain overlays: I've been having this issue with my touch pad for about a month now - or it could have been longer because I generally use a wireless mouse and not the touch pad. It started with me not being able to scroll with two fingers ONLY in the Start Menu. I searched for other...
  8. intermittent Problems with Touchpad and Mouse buttons

intermittent Problems with Touchpad and Mouse buttons: Hello all. I have a Dell XPS 15 and use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I have not had any issues until yesterday. I'm not sure when the last win update occurred Problem: - On Startup sometimes there us no function of keypad pr mouse buttons. However, the keyboard...
  9. intermittent Problems with Touchpad and Mouse buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    intermittent Problems with Touchpad and Mouse buttons: Hello all. I have a Dell XPS 15 and use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I have not had any issues until yesterday. I'm not sure when the last win update occurred Problem: - On Startup sometimes there us no function of keypad pr mouse buttons. However, the keyboard...
  10. All Browsers Work Intermittently

in Browsers and Email
    All Browsers Work Intermittently: Edge, Firefox & Chrome work intermittently. After some time, that's not consistent, searches stop working. Solutions include deleting all browsing data (sometimes works) and rebooting (always works to this point). This intermittent problem only occurs with my Dell laptop. I...