Windows 10: windows 10 transfer files over local network is not working (v 1809)

Discus and support windows 10 transfer files over local network is not working (v 1809) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've been using this way for some time and most of the time it worked fine. lately when I'm trying to transfer files from one shared folder to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bar18, Apr 17, 2019.

1. bar18 Win User

windows 10 transfer files over local network is not working (v 1809)

Hi,

I've been using this way for some time and most of the time it worked fine.

lately when I'm trying to transfer files from one shared folder to another on my local network the files won't get transfered and it stucks on 0% forever. (maybe a recent update is the cause? april version 1809)

Any idea?

:)

bar18, Apr 17, 2019
  2. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Sync folder between Air and PC locally

I'm looking for a software which will keep folders on my Mac Air and PC synced via the local wireless network.

I usually take my Mac with me everywhere and as such have tons of large downloaded files that I have to manually copy over to the PC. I'm looking for something that'll transfer the files over the local wireless network in my home.

Any suggestions?

aayman_farzand, Apr 17, 2019
  4. windows 10 transfer files over local network is not working (v 1809)

Help Transfering files over network

I have 3 pc's I want to be able to transfer files to each other over my own network. Im not sure where to start. 2 of the pc's have windows 7 the other one is windows xp 32 pro. all on a WRT160N linksys router. Im looking for the easiest way drag and drop would be nice and easy or close to it. Im trying to transfer huge files than using a usb drive all the time.

amd64skater, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 transfer files over local network is not working (v 1809)

1. windows 10 transfer files over local network is not working (v 1809) - Similar Threads - transfer files local

2. Not able to transfer or receive files on PC using local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to transfer or receive files on PC using local network: I'm trying to be able to transfer files using a shared folder that I connected with my phone. I have already set this up previously but I accidentally signed into my shared profile instead of my regular profile and I think that's what messed it up. Now when I type ipconfig...
  3. File sharing over a network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File sharing over a network in Windows 10: File sharing over a network in Windows 10 allows you to share files and folders on your computer with other users over a private or public network in your workgroup or domain. Steps to Set Up File Sharing on a Windows PCNote: These steps needs to be done on each Windows PC...
  4. File Sharing Over a local network

File Sharing Over a local network: I am trying to access my old PC which is on my home network. The system is detected but when I click it it asks for credentials and will not accept my Microsoft password. I use the same account to sign into both systems and it works fine to sign in to either one individually...
  5. Transferring Files over Bluetooth

Transferring Files over Bluetooth: The option to Send/Receive files over Bluetooth is in a somewhat obscure place -as in, there is not place "front and centre" where the option can be selected. Is there any way one can add a desktop shortcut to get to the send/receive option? Regard, Tim...
  6. Transferring files from one computer to another over a network.

Transferring files from one computer to another over a network.: I've spent days trying to transfer files from one computer to another on my network. I can see the source computer on the destination computer, but when I click on it, it asks for "network credentials". What is that?, and how do I find out what it is? I've tried following...
  7. Safest Way to Share Folders & Files oVer Local Network

Safest Way to Share Folders & Files oVer Local Network: I have 4 Win 10 PCs on my local network and want to be able to share folders & files over my local network allow full control to all users on the network, and all of the users are administrators. In looking into it I have several choices. I can choose Everyone,...
  8. Fastest way to transfer files in local network (cabled)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fastest way to transfer files in local network (cabled): If I have two PC connected to the same router , what would be the fastest way to transfer files? SMB, FTP or should I simple use a cable to connect the two PC? submitted by /u/Skodd [link] [comments]...
  9. windows 10 transfer files over local network is not working (v 1809)

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 transfer files over local network is not working (v 1809): Hi, I've been using this way for some time and most of the time it worked fine. lately when I'm trying to transfer files from one shared folder to another on my local network the files won't get transfered and it stucks on 0% forever. (maybe a recent update is the cause?...
  10. windows 10 transfer files over local network not working

windows 10 transfer files over local network not working: Hi, I've been using this for some time and most of the time it worked fine. lately when I'm trying to transfer files from one shared folder to another on my local network the files won't get transfered and it stucks on 0% forever. Any idea?...