Windows 10: Windows 10 transfer OEM have both keys...

Discus and support Windows 10 transfer OEM have both keys... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a lot of data and programs on an old laptop with windows 10 OEM, the battery died and is non replacable so had to get a new one. I have a backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by VikingNM, Sep 14, 2020.

1. VikingNM Win User

Windows 10 transfer OEM have both keys...

I have a lot of data and programs on an old laptop with windows 10 OEM, the battery died and is non replacable so had to get a new one. I have a backup windows 7 backup program, so when i restore on the new machine can I just use the change product key on the new machine and put in the windows 10 product key for that machine? i'm not transfering the license just the old machine's data and the new product key that came with the new machine using that change product key link on the info screen.

:)

VikingNM, Sep 14, 2020
  2. Caring1 Win User

Windows 7 OEM key

Generally the upgrade has to be done first, before a clean install can be done, and it's not really relevant to transferring the key to another system.

Caring1, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 14, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 transfer OEM have both keys... - Similar Threads - transfer OEM both

2. Windows 10 OEM KEYS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 OEM KEYS: I bought windows 10 OEM key. Also, it enabled Windows 10, OEM keys official? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-oem-keys/5b87cf87-aa84-40c5-97bc-8de78d3932f0
  3. Windows 10 OEM KEYS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 OEM KEYS: I bought windows 10 OEM key. Also, it enabled Windows 10, OEM keys official? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-oem-keys/5b87cf87-aa84-40c5-97bc-8de78d3932f0
  4. Windows 10 OEM KEYS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Successful transfer of OEM windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Successful transfer of OEM windows 10?: A friend of mine has somehow booted an OEM copy of windows 10 from his previous hdd on a brand new pc. I cannot find any info online on how this is possible. Anybody here have any ideas? The pc says the manufacturer is still MSI even though the new mobo is an ASUS. submitted...
  6. I NEED HELP TRANSFERRING WINDOWS 10 OEM PRODUCT KEY

I NEED HELP TRANSFERRING WINDOWS 10 OEM PRODUCT KEY: Hello? I have an old laptop with an oem key. I bought a new laptop and I was wondering if I can transfer the product key from my old laptop. Thanks!...
  7. Transferring Win 10 key (OEM)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring Win 10 key (OEM): My rig is self-build and 3 years old. The OEM version of Win 10 was purchased seperately on Amazon and installed by myself. But .... Looks like I have now damaged my motherboard with a BIOS update (interrupt storm) and there's nothing that can be done to fix it and MSI wants...
  8. Transfer OEM key

Transfer OEM key: I have an windows 7 OEM key which I used to activate windows 10 on my old laptop but I got a new one without windows in which I got to activate the old key without any problems. For what it seems, the key is linked to my account. Is it okay to have 2 computers with same key?...
  9. Windows 10 OEM key

Windows 10 OEM key: I have bought a notebook with preinstalled Windows 10 Home Single Language OEM. Can a Windows 10 Home (without "Single Language") activated with that OEM key? Sorry for my bad english Thanks...
  10. Transferring Non-OEM Windows 10 key to a new PC

Transferring Non-OEM Windows 10 key to a new PC: Hello! I recently built a new PC, and would like to transfer the current Windows license (on the computer that I am typing this on), to the new one. I'm having trouble finding the product key. The standard way of finding it, thru admin command prompt, is not working. Are...