Windows 10: Windows 10 transfer Product Key to new user.

Discus and support Windows 10 transfer Product Key to new user. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently purchased a PC OEM version from Dell. I have an older computer that I am gifting to my stepdaughter. This computer was home built so I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Nick Roddy, May 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 transfer Product Key to new user.

I recently purchased a PC OEM version from Dell. I have an older computer that I am gifting to my stepdaughter. This computer was home built so I did purchase a product key for it. The problems I am facing are:

1. Can I reformat and user her email address to activate it?

2. Where can I find the appropriate Key if I no longer have it written down as this was many years ago. I even searched my emails for it and can't seem to find it. Is there specific email title that I may need to search on?

3. If the above does not work is there anyway to remove my account from the PC to make it hers? I tried removing other users that I set up, such as my wife and it does not remove.

:)

Nick Roddy, May 24, 2020

2. Transfer of product key

Hello.

Whoever told you that you need to "deactivate" is wrong. Go here for actual steps on transfering the product key over:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-windo...

Simply put, you just need to transfer the license over. you do not need to deactivate first.

For more info, i suggest calling MS support about activation issues.

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Zackary Vanosdol, May 24, 2020
  3. Andre Da Costa, May 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 transfer Product Key to new user.

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 transfer Product Key to new user.

1. Windows 10 transfer Product Key to new user. - Similar Threads - transfer Product Key

2. Windows 10 Product Key Transfer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Product Key Transfer: So, I have bought a Windows 10 Pro Retail Copy from Amazon a year ago. The product key is registered to my old laptop. I am planning of discarding it. Is there a way to transfer the product key to my new laptop? If so, please explain me the process. submitted by...
  3. New computer and transferring product keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New computer and transferring product keys: [ATTACH] (English is not my main language, sorry for any mistakes) Hi everyone! I have a few questions about Product Keys and licensing on Windows. I'm looking to buy a new laptop that comes with a linux distro instead of windows, I don't actually use linux so I'm going...
  4. Transferring product keys to new computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring product keys to new computers: I have a windows 7 key from a laptop and a windows 10 key from a refurbished desktop. I was wondering if I could transfer the keys to two new desktops and would I be able to activate windows 10 with them? If it is possible how would I do so? Thank You [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  5. Windows 10 Product Key Transferring

Windows 10 Product Key Transferring: Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well. I came here to ask if I can reuse a windows 10 product key I got when purchasing my laptop and use it with a new pc. If not, when I search "windows software key" the top results for buying them are $20, $35, and some for $10....
  6. Transfer Windows Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows Product Key: I had 3 computers 2 desktops and one laptop that ran Windows 7 Home. I bought 3 keys to upgrade them to Windows 8 Pro, then Window 10 was released and I upgraded them to Windows 10 Pro during the free upgrade period. I have since replaced 2of them a laptop with Windows 10...
  7. Transferring a Windows 10 Product Key to a new computer

Transferring a Windows 10 Product Key to a new computer: Hi, I'm currently building a gaming desktop, and I don't want to have to buy a new Windows 10 product key as they are quite expensive. I'm wondering if I can transfer the key from my current laptop. I've used a software called ProduKey which found the key from my computer for...
  8. Is Product Key Transferable to New PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Product Key Transferable to New PC?: I have decided to build a new PC instead of trying to fix the unsupported UEFI Disk problem I've had for the last year with my current PC. I have downloaded the Windows 10 Media and installed it to a USB drive. When the install routine asks for my product key, I would like to...
  9. Transfer Windows Product Key to New Hardware

Transfer Windows Product Key to New Hardware: I purchased a Gigabyte computer from an individual several years ago and want to decommission that computer and transfer the Windows OS onto the new one. The new computer is a VM I have created using Parallels on my Mac. I keep running into errors. I have obtained the...
  10. Transferring an old product key to a new system

Transferring an old product key to a new system: I could use some clarification on how product keys work, it's been a long time since I had to think about windows installations. I've been using the same copy of windows for a long time, I've upgraded it from windows 7 to windows 10, but have had the same product key for a...