Windows 10: Windows 10 transfer

Discus and support Windows 10 transfer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a new PC and am trying to transfer my product key from my old PC to the new. I deactivated the key on my old PC, but the activation still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EmaMR, Oct 29, 2020.

1. EmaMR Win User

Windows 10 transfer

I bought a new PC and am trying to transfer my product key from my old PC to the new. I deactivated the key on my old PC, but the activation still doesn't work I get an error message on the new PC. The original PC had the bought didn't come with the PC version of windows 8.1 pro that got upgraded to windows 10 pro. Is the transfer impossible for this version? If no, what can I do to activate?

:)

EmaMR, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Windows 10 transfer

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 transfer

1. Windows 10 transfer - Similar Threads - transfer

2. Transfer Microsoft Store game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Microsoft Store game: I have a new laptop and wish to transfer GTA San Andreas from my old laptop to my new. Where would I start? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-microsoft-store-game/50c8b18e-53c8-4f58-be82-5d397bcf7898
  3. Winsows 10 Update / Background Intelligent Transfer Service troubles

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Winsows 10 Update / Background Intelligent Transfer Service troubles: I have recently discovered that my Windows 10 Update will not run, and that the Background Intelligent Transfer Service might be part of the problem. None of the troubleshooters have helped, nor have any of the on-line fixes, I'm at a loss. This has been a problem-free...
  4. Transferring a Win 10 Pro License to a new computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring a Win 10 Pro License to a new computer.: Just got a new i710700 computer to do audio and video work. This one came with Windows 10 home pre-installed. My old computer will be used only for office stuff now and it has Win10 pro on it. Can I transfer the pro license to the new computer and just have win 10 home on...
  5. How do you transfer everything from a hdd to an ssd on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you transfer everything from a hdd to an ssd on windows 10?: I ordered a 1tb ssd a couple days ago so I could move all my games and most importantly windows onto it instead of my old 1tb hdd, and I need help figuring out how to move everything onto the ssd so I can use the hdd for storing other things like videos and images submitted...
  6. transferring vhs tape to dvd windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    transferring vhs tape to dvd windows 10: I keep getting the message try another device tried three different usb cables still get this message c an you help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-vhs-tape-to-dvd-windows-10/1c900507-fbbe-4069-844f-02de0629dca3
  7. Windows 10 Pro License Transfer to another motherboard

Windows 10 Pro License Transfer to another motherboard: My current motherboard and cpu is very old an I am thinking about replacing them... I want to know how can I transfer my current license to the new motherboard.... I have a Retail 2PC digital license and need to replace only one PC my other pc doesn't need license...
  8. "Not enough space on Documents" to transfer files onto a 1 tb external drive or even to Videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Not enough space on Documents" to transfer files onto a 1 tb external drive or even to Videos: Hi, So when I try to move some video files onto an external hard drive 1 tb from a folder in Documents, I could move five of the sub-folders within the main folder in Documents. The layout is as follows: Documents > Class Lectures > Lecture 1...
  9. Windows 10 transfer to a new SSD

Windows 10 transfer to a new SSD: I have a old HDD that has windows 10 and I have got a whole new pc but that is the only piece I brought over from my old set up to keep windows 10, I purchased a SSD and heard that I have if I have my windows 10 connected to my Microsoft account there was a way to transfer...
  10. Transferring of Licenses from one PC to another.

Transferring of Licenses from one PC to another.: Hello, I would like to transfer a Windows 10 license from on PC to another. I have purchased windows 10 home from the digital store on one of my PC's, lets call it PC1. PC1 is activated with Windows 10 Home with a "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your...