Windows 10: Windows 10 transferable license deactivation (selling PC)

Discus and support Windows 10 transferable license deactivation (selling PC) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I’d like to ask about deactivation Windows 10 PC. I have transferable license of Windows 10 on a PC and I would like to sell this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JanTichava, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 transferable license deactivation (selling PC)

Hello everybody,

I’d like to ask about deactivation Windows 10 PC.

I have transferable license of Windows 10 on a PC and I would like to sell this PC without this license.

Of course, I will format and securely erase HDD, but when new owner makes fresh PC installation, Windows will be automatically activated with my license without serial number.

Installation on a new PC might solve this issue, but this is an old PC, which is not users for some time and I’m just getting rid of HW which is not used, so I’m not buying a new one right now…

I tried to Google the answer, but with no luck :-(

So, how can I remove assigned license for my PC?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Sislik

:)

JanTichava, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Rataan Win User

Selling PC with Windows license

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I want to sell a PC to my brother and I want the Windows license to go with it. I have all the parts for a replacement PC that I will build in a few days and for that I will buy a new Windows license. I guess the
    questions I have are:

1. How do I transfer a Windows license to another person, or is that possible with current licensing rules? The hardware that the license runs on would be the same, just a different person. I don't know if he has a Microsoft account, but we can set one up
      if necessary. This license was originally bought as Windows 7 and then converted to a Windows 10 license. I don't remember if it was an OEM or retail copy or if that is important.
    2. Since I'm building another PC which will need a Windows license, would it just be easier to transfer the license I currently own to the new PC and buy a new license for my brother? In that case, the license would stay with the same person (me) and the same
      Microsoft account, but will run on all new hardware.

Rataan, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Windows 10 transferable license deactivation (selling PC)

Windows 10 license transfer

There is no actual deactivation method.

You can only transfer the license if its a retail license. If it came with the laptop you can't transfer it.

You can first uninstall the key.

Open Start, type: cmd

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:

slmgr -upk

Hit Enter

Next, proceed to upgrade the new laptop:

You might need to reactivate by chat support since the license was previously in use.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 transferable license deactivation (selling PC)

1. Windows 10 transferable license deactivation (selling PC) - Similar Threads - transferable license deactivation

2. How to sell PC with Windows without license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sell PC with Windows without license?: Hello,Recently, I've bought a new PC. I installed a legitimate copy of Windows 10 Home 64b I already had. This same Windows version I have installed on my old PC.I'd like to sell my old PC. I've formatted, deleted, shredded all my personal data. I also installed Windows 10...
  3. How to sell PC with Windows without license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to sell PC with Windows without license?: Hello,Recently, I've bought a new PC. I installed a legitimate copy of Windows 10 Home 64b I already had. This same Windows version I have installed on my old PC.I'd like to sell my old PC. I've formatted, deleted, shredded all my personal data. I also installed Windows 10...
  4. How to sell PC with Windows without license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. windows license deactivated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows license deactivated: i purchased my mac with windows several years back and just now my license deactivated. how do I get it to work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-license-deactivated/2ca3f235-4544-40a4-ac81-fcf4d0d8dec5
  6. Selling PC and transferring Windows 10 license to new owner

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Selling PC and transferring Windows 10 license to new owner: I have an Asus desktop that can with Windows 7 license and took advantage of the free upgrade. From memory I went from Windows 7 to Windows 8. Then upgraded to 10 Pro. I've wiped the PC clean and removed it from my Microsoft account in the device management page of my...
  7. Transferring Windows 10 License to new pc

Transferring Windows 10 License to new pc: I’ve built a new pc and wish to transfer my license for Windows 10 on my current PC to my new system. Windows 10 is currently activated by digital license via free upgrade on my current system. I don’t know my current windows product key because it is covered in my...
  8. Transfer Windows 10 License to another PC

Transfer Windows 10 License to another PC: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro version (Retail) which is on my old PC, now I got a new PC and want to activate it on that, I understand that only 1 activation may be active at once. I want to transfer from one to the other. I cannot find my product key anywhere and in...
  9. Transferring Windows 10 license to new PC.

Transferring Windows 10 license to new PC.: On Saturday I will be building a new computer and moving my current Windows 10 over to the new machine. A couple weeks ago, I got help from this lovely community to find out if my license was retail or not and it turns it out, it is. I upgraded from Windows 7, and I can't...
  10. Selling PC with Windows license

Selling PC with Windows license: I'm sure this has been asked before, but I want to sell a PC to my brother and I want the Windows license to go with it. I have all the parts for a replacement PC that I will build in a few days and for that I will buy a new Windows license. I guess the questions I have are:...