Windows 10: Windows 10 treats dedicated GPU as the integrated one

Discus and support Windows 10 treats dedicated GPU as the integrated one in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've a PC with an AMD A4-5000 APU and an integrated Radeon HD 8330 GPU plus a discrete Radeon HD 8600M GPU which I don't know if it's a 8630,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alex2002ita, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 treats dedicated GPU as the integrated one

Hello, I've a PC with an AMD A4-5000 APU and an integrated Radeon HD 8330 GPU plus a discrete Radeon HD 8600M GPU which I don't know if it's a 8630, 8670 or 8690. Now, when I install the drivers from AMD, both GPU drivers installs correctly, but for some reason Windows 10 build 2004 treats the discrete GPU as the integrated one, like, both GPUs are treated as one and so I can't correctly use the discrete GPU for more heavy tasks since Windows will redirect everything to the integrated GPU. When I use the Windows feature to select which GPU use for an app, it only shows the 8330 on both power saver and high performance options. Task Manager reports integrated GPU's values for the discrete GPU, dxdiag doesn't even know about the discrete GPU existence and when I disable the discrete GPU from Device Manager, which correctly reports two different GPUs by the way, it's like I disabled the integrated one. This is so confusing and I don't know what to do, and yet, on AMD Radeon Settings both GPUs are detected perfectly fine.

I already tried to fully uninstall both drivers using DDU and reinstall them, but it didn't solved the issue. The drivers are the latest ones from AMD 09/16/2020 and Windows 10 is freshly installed and fully updated

:)

Alex2002ita, Sep 23, 2020
  2. JulianKik Win User

Cant use dedicated gpu

Hello I'm trying to use my dedicated GPU in place of my integrated but after I saw this

Windows 10 treats dedicated GPU as the integrated one 8fc74c05-82ae-48fa-9f7e-31638ceac217?upload=true.png

I had no clue what to do so I went into my BIOS to change it and there was integrated and switchable listed I picked switchable and still nothing now I'm here hoping somebody can help me.

I'm running windows 10 home version 1903, integrated gpu=intel graphics 3000, dedicated=AMD radeon graphics HD 7670M

JulianKik, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Bardocc Win User
    How to use dedicated GPU for Minecraft Windows 10 Edition

Hello,

I have an issue with the game. It always uses the integrated GPU which is a Intel HD Graphics 630 instead of my dedicated GPU which is a GTX 1050.

How can i set my dedicated GPU as default whenever i launch Minecraft ?

Bardocc, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Windows 10 treats dedicated GPU as the integrated one

About GPU dedicating.

Hello
    웅황,

The feature that you're looking for in Windows 10 is not available. I suggest that you check with your graphics manufacturer if forcing an app/game to use a dedicated GPU to each task is available with their software.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Carlo Fer, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 treats dedicated GPU as the integrated one

1. Windows 10 treats dedicated GPU as the integrated one - Similar Threads - treats dedicated GPU

2. Integrated and Dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated and Dedicated GPU: hi, my dedicated gpu is broken it cant play any games. like valorant it changes frames after I alt+tab. I have a 2nd monitor and i use it as my main monitor. so can i use the integrated gpu to play gamesit can run low setting am good with that but i dont want to disable the...
  3. Integrated and Dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Integrated and Dedicated GPU: hi, my dedicated gpu is broken it cant play any games. like valorant it changes frames after I alt+tab. I have a 2nd monitor and i use it as my main monitor. so can i use the integrated gpu to play gamesit can run low setting am good with that but i dont want to disable the...
  4. Integrated and Dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to connect external display to the dedicated GPU instead of integrated GPU in laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect external display to the dedicated GPU instead of integrated GPU in laptop: My laptop is asus tuf A15 using ryzen 7 4800h and Nvdia 3050. It seems that if i connect my external display to the only hdmi available in the laptop it will connect to the integrated GPU and therefore the settings will be in the amd software only and wouldn't show in the...
  6. How to connect external display to the dedicated GPU instead of integrated GPU in laptop

How to connect external display to the dedicated GPU instead of integrated GPU in laptop: My laptop is asus tuf A15 using ryzen 7 4800h and Nvdia 3050. It seems that if i connect my external display to the only hdmi available in the laptop it will connect to the integrated GPU and therefore the settings will be in the amd software only and wouldn't show in the...
  7. How to connect external display to the dedicated GPU instead of integrated GPU in laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings: My applications won't properly use my dedicated graphics card. This has been an ongoing issue for a while, but I don't recall for how long. There's a similar thread of someone that has had the same issue but it didn't resolve anything for me. My computer specs are here in a...
  9. Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings

Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings: My applications won't properly use my dedicated graphics card. This has been an ongoing issue for a while, but I don't recall for how long. There's a similar thread of someone that has had the same issue but it didn't resolve anything for me. My computer specs are here in a...
  10. Integrated vs Dedicated GPU Query

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Integrated vs Dedicated GPU Query: Hi, I recently started playing a bit of online poker (Governor of poker 3) via firefox quantum browser and I notice it makes my laptop fan whir up a lot which I thought was strange as I have a fairly high spec machine and the game seems fairly basic. I have an i7 quad core...