Windows 10: Windows 10 Tries to Boot from USB Devices

Discus and support Windows 10 Tries to Boot from USB Devices in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello everyone. Despite my boot order set to Windows Secure Boot (USB last) and UEFI, when I turn my computer on it hangs at loading until I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by crom3, Apr 24, 2019.

1. crom3 Win User

Windows 10 Tries to Boot from USB Devices

Hello everyone.

Despite my boot order set to Windows Secure Boot (USB last) and UEFI, when I turn my computer on it hangs at loading until I disconnect all USB external devices.

When the computer tries to go to sleep mode, the screen goes black and I can hear the computer trying to go to sleep mode and coming back (the screen remains black) while the power light stays solid blue and I can not bring the screen back on. It is after I unplug all USB devices that the power light switches to blinking orange and then I can wake it up from that state.

Thank you for reading!

:)

crom3, Apr 24, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Agility Win User
    Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Tatty_One Win User

unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) windows 10

I had a similar issue that came with a significant Windows 10 update, I tried everything for about a week, I also had issues with a USB Printer not working too, in the end I found that an additional USB driver unrelated to my board was showing in Device Manager, I think it was a Marvell and I don't have any marvel ports, deleted it from Device manager, re-booted, all my problems went.

Tatty_One, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Tries to Boot from USB Devices - Similar Threads - Tries Boot USB

2. Attempting boot from usb device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempting boot from usb device: So yesterday I tried to migrate windows from hdd to ssd, I entered bios to put ssd as the first in boot order,but when I tried rebooting it said:"system disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready" I tried everything I could removing the hard drive and trying to...
  3. Attempting boot from usb device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attempting boot from usb device: So yesterday I tried to migrate windows from hdd to ssd, I entered bios to put ssd as the first in boot order,but when I tried rebooting it said:"system disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready" I tried everything I could removing the hard drive and trying to...
  4. Attempting boot from usb device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Booting problem when trying to boot from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting problem when trying to boot from USB: Hello!My friend and i have been trying for a couple of days to upgrade this old pc with Windows XP Professional edition, to Windows 10.When we boot from the USB, a black screen with a cursor appears. A couple of minutes 5-15 anywhere in between go by, and the pc restarts...
  6. Booting problem when trying to boot from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting problem when trying to boot from USB: Hello!My friend and i have been trying for a couple of days to upgrade this old pc with Windows XP Professional edition, to Windows 10.When we boot from the USB, a black screen with a cursor appears. A couple of minutes 5-15 anywhere in between go by, and the pc restarts...
  7. Trying to Install Windows 10 Home - Cannot boot from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to Install Windows 10 Home - Cannot boot from USB: Hi,I am trying to do a fresh install of Windows 10 Home.Here's the situation:I have Windows Education running.I used Rufus to create a bootable Windows USB so, the USB has two partitions, one with the UEFI.I enter the BIOS and configure my setup, changing to boot from the USB...
  8. Trying to boot from USB and install windows 10 but getting errors.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to boot from USB and install windows 10 but getting errors.: So I am trying install windows 10 (64) on my Asus G73Jh. I previously ran Ubuntu, and now when I try to install, I get the error 0xc00000f. After trying to use startup repair, I got error 0xc00000e9. Any help would be appreciated, I want to get this computer up and running...
  9. Keeps trying to boot from USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keeps trying to boot from USB: Am trying to use the Windows Backup app to backup my files. I have my files backed up to an external SSD through a USB. When I boot my computer, it keeps trying to boot from the USB drive, saying something along the lines of "Starting Windows Recovery" or something like...
  10. Boot loop while trying to boot from USB.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot loop while trying to boot from USB.: Hi, so I picked up a Dell Dimension 5150 from a friend because he didn’t use it anymore and I found that it had no OS installed. So I tried using a USB to boot Windows 10 onto it and its stuck in a booting loop and won’t go any further. Any tips or things i’m doing wrong?...