Windows 10: Windows 10 tries to enforce security policies

Discus and support Windows 10 tries to enforce security policies in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; whenever i am on Windows 10 i get a constant popup that says that if i want to connect to the server i have to update my security settings. I then have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by magsol76, May 22, 2015.

1. magsol76 Win User

Windows 10 tries to enforce security policies

whenever i am on Windows 10 i get a constant popup that says that if i want to connect to the server i have to update my security settings. I then have two buttons: cancel and execute. Whichever i push makes no difference; the popup keeps appearing disrupting everything. I have no idea which server my computer is referring to. I am on build 10122 but this behavior was there on previous builds as well. When i return to 8.1 (dual boot) the problem is gone. Unfortunetly onedrive sync only works in Windows 10...(separate issue)

:)

magsol76, May 22, 2015
  2. Tefal Win User

Windows 10 Mail will not connect to exchange

I upgraded a Windows 8.1 Surface 2 to Windows 10. No specific issues with the upgrade but now my Windows mail will not connect to my exchange server. It worked perfectly fine in Windows 8.1 but now gives error saying my devices security settings are not
    correct. When I connect my exchange server mail says it must enforce my companies security policies, but it actually does not do that. I have deleted the account and readded several times and get the same result. It says it will enforce the policies, but does
    not do it, then mail says it cannot connect becuse I don't have the policies set (example, my company enforces a no picture password policy, and Windows 8.1 enforced it, but now Windows 10 upgrade is allowing it.). Please help if you can.

Tefal, May 22, 2015
  3. Enforced security Policies

Hi - When I try to synchronise my work Outlook files, on an exchange server, I get the following error message. "Not updated - mail2.xxxxx.com requires that certain security policies be enforced before you can synchronise your information. . . . . .
    " I belive the issue is on the devie lock - which has to be a mixture of numbers and letters or characters. My device (LG Optimus) does a forced increase on security - but only to numerical values. Help please

Tormodlives, May 22, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

This sounds like it's a program you have installed that is trying to access an external server... Have you installed any non-Microsoft programs?

Mystere, May 22, 2015
  5. Sounds to me, like something that could well be fixed by a CLEAN INSTALL. IMHO, it's the only true way to evaluate a new OS, without any interference from previous builds.

I only do CLEAN installs and I've never had such a problem.

Happy Memorial Day!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, May 23, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    Is that even a problem? If so then I am in big trouble. The only MS program I have installed is Windows 10.

7. Kari Win User
    This is a problem and it is absolutely not a third party program causing it. This is most definitely either a Mail App or Office 365 / Exchange issue.

I have the same pop up since I tried to add an Office 365 for Business Exchange email to Windows Mail app:

Windows 10 tries to enforce security policies [​IMG]

I have now tested this on two virtual machines and two real physical machines:

• Clean install Windows 10 Build 10122
    • When Windows has been installed and first time booted to desktop, open the Mail App
    • Add an Exchange / Office 365 for Business or Enterprise email account
    • The pop-up appears. Clicking Cancel wont let you sync the email account
    • Click the Sync button, the pop-up re-appears
    • Click Enforce these policies, Mail App tries to sync the email account
    • After a while, sync fails and the pop up re-appears
    • Click Cancel
    • Close the Mail App
    • The pop-up will appear every 10 to 20 minutes even when the Mail App process is killed in Task Manager, no way to disable it except removing the Exchange account from Mail App.

8. magsol76 Win User

This has been my experience as well. The popups started as soon as i added an exchange account...

magsol76, May 25, 2015
  9. Mystere Win User
    Lots of people on the support forums have had luck with converting their account to a local account, syncing, then converting back and/or creating a new account and deleting the old one, making sure that there are no other accounts on the system that do not have passwords or that do not meet complexity requirements.

Mystere, May 25, 2015
  10. batlhilz Win User
    this is integrated in windows10, which has been on mobile-versions windows 7.x further more. its on exchange server option to enable, in order to avoid "stealing or loosing valuable company data with the phone" - as in, theres PIN code for the simcard yes, but then theres this, that you cant pass by with a sim-lock hack.

however, windows 10 force-policy doesnt work on current mobile version for Lumia 920 at least *Smile i didnt even had this on windows 10 with clean install when i added my work exchange account on the mail tho, so hard to guess whats the problem deep inside.

batlhilz, May 26, 2015
  11. Wynona Win User
    I have posted the above so that the MVP I mentioned will see it. Also, there are several others who may have an answer too.

Wynona, May 30, 2015
  12. Wynona Win User
    I just got a reply from Microsoft Sr. Support Escalation Engineer Abdias Ruiz:

"Hi **.

This is a known issue that should be addressed in a later build of Windows 10."

Not what you wanted to hear, Kari, but at lease now we know.

Wynona, Jun 2, 2015
  13. Kari Win User

OK, I think I have solved this.

You need to sign in to Windows 10 either with a domain or Azure AD account to use the Mail App with an Exchange Office 365 for Business or Enterprise email.

There's none whatsoever issues in enforcing the security policies (subject to these policies being set by your Azure AD / domain admin) and setting up the email accounts when your Windows 10 sign-in account is either a domain or Azure AD account.

14. batlhilz Win User
    weird, its always been working for me *Redface

batlhilz, Jun 4, 2015
  15. Wynona Win User
    I've shared this with the Microsoft Sr. Support Escalation Engineer Abdias Ruiz in hopes it may send their devs in the right direction, Kari.

Wynona, Jun 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 tries to enforce security policies - Similar Threads - tries enforce security

2. Disable script enforcement for all policies WDAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable script enforcement for all policies WDAC: Hello We would like to forbid the usage of the "Mail - microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps" App via WDAC applied by Intune. We also use the "psappdeploytoolkit", but the exection of the device is not possible because of the "Constrained Language Mode"Problem Described here:...
  3. Disable script enforcement for all policies WDAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable script enforcement for all policies WDAC: Hello We would like to forbid the usage of the "Mail - microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps" App via WDAC applied by Intune. We also use the "psappdeploytoolkit", but the exection of the device is not possible because of the "Constrained Language Mode"Problem Described here:...
  4. Changing Security Policies in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Security Policies in Windows 10 Pro?: I asked a question that got no replies. Basically, I'm stuck trying to install needed drivers for a Seagate storage device. Windows lists it in Other devices with a warning that the drivers for the device were blocked due to policy settings! Now, I know I never did any such...
  5. Changing Security Policies in Windows 10 Pro?

Changing Security Policies in Windows 10 Pro?: I asked a question that got no replies. Basically, I'm stuck trying to install needed drivers for a Seagate storage device. Windows lists it in Other devices with a warning that the drivers for the device were blocked due to policy settings! Now, I know I never did any such...
  6. Changing Security Policies in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Unable to enforce password policy on multiple machines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enforce password policy on multiple machines: I have set the password policy in Windows Tools > Local Security Policy > Security Settings > Account Policies > Password Policy as per the image below on multiple machines earlier in Windows 10 and now in Windows 11.However, none of the machines ask the user [including me]...
  8. Unable to enforce password policy on multiple machines

Unable to enforce password policy on multiple machines: I have set the password policy in Windows Tools > Local Security Policy > Security Settings > Account Policies > Password Policy as per the image below on multiple machines earlier in Windows 10 and now in Windows 11.However, none of the machines ask the user [including me]...
  9. Local security policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local security policy: I am having trouble accessing my Local security policy settings, I am logged in as the administrator the secpol.msc command does not work and cannot be found by the OS. Is this feature disabled on windows 10 home? and if so why?...
  10. Windows 10 Mail doesnt find certificate or ask to enforce policies

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail doesnt find certificate or ask to enforce policies: I have a Windows tablet which had Windows 8.1 installed. On Windows 8.1 the mail and calendar app synced nicely through Exchange ActiveSync. I then upgraded to Windows 10 with the option to save my personal settings but have been unable to sync afterwards. There error message...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enforce policies windows 10

2. windows 10 enforce security