Windows 10: Windows 10 tries to enforce security policies

Discus and support Windows 10 tries to enforce security policies in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OK, got this earlier resolved with signing in to Windows 10 with an Azure AD / Office 365 workplace account instead of a local or Microsoft account,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by magsol76, May 22, 2015.

1. Kari Win User

Windows 10 tries to enforce security policies

OK, got this earlier resolved with signing in to Windows 10 with an Azure AD / Office 365 workplace account instead of a local or Microsoft account, now found the solution when signing in with a Local Account or an MS Account.

It's quite simple, in fact: all you have to do is first add a workplace account by joining the computer to an Azure Active Directory. On your account page in Settings, select Work access:

Windows 10 tries to enforce security policies [​IMG]

Select Join or leave Azure AD:

Select Join Azure AD:

Now add your account normally. Notice that your organisation's Azure admin must first have granted you a permission to join new devices.

Set up the Mail App Exchange email account normally, select Enforce these policies when prompted and you are done. The Exchange email syncs now and works without any issues.

2. carolkett Win User

This is the same problem I am having, which I posted under browser and email "mail exchange 2010 activesync policy not applied" I have been able to get it to work on the windows 10 pro 64 bit version by applying the default exchange active sync policy, this install is using a domain account joined to our organisation domain, but the windows 10 tablet is home version, which cannot be joined to a workplace therefore ruling out your solution above.
    On the Pro version it fails if I try to enforce the windows 8 policy that requires a password making it incompatible with our current organisation configuration as all windows 8 phones require a password for security
    A post on the microsoft community has suggested editing the EAS policy settings in the registry I am in the process of trying this but not fully tested but will updated with any further information

carolkett, Aug 13, 2015
  3. carolkett Win User
    I confirm that I have been able to get a windows 10 pro laptop that is joined to the corporate domain to sync with exchange activesync that has a mailbox policy applied that requires a password and will accept a simple password, by editing the local security policy settings using gpedit under computer configuration - admin templates - system -logon
    1. Turn on PIN sign-in - enabled
    2. Turn off picture password sign in - enabled
    and add the following
    REG_DWORD registry settings in HKLM\software\policies\microsoft\windows\system
    DisallowConvenienceLogon value 1

However this did not work on the windows 10 home tablet that is not joined to the domain

carolkett, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 tries to enforce security policies

1. Windows 10 tries to enforce security policies - Similar Threads - tries enforce security

2. Disable script enforcement for all policies WDAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable script enforcement for all policies WDAC: Hello We would like to forbid the usage of the "Mail - microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps" App via WDAC applied by Intune. We also use the "psappdeploytoolkit", but the exection of the device is not possible because of the "Constrained Language Mode"Problem Described here:...
  3. Disable script enforcement for all policies WDAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable script enforcement for all policies WDAC: Hello We would like to forbid the usage of the "Mail - microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps" App via WDAC applied by Intune. We also use the "psappdeploytoolkit", but the exection of the device is not possible because of the "Constrained Language Mode"Problem Described here:...
  4. Changing Security Policies in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Security Policies in Windows 10 Pro?: I asked a question that got no replies. Basically, I'm stuck trying to install needed drivers for a Seagate storage device. Windows lists it in Other devices with a warning that the drivers for the device were blocked due to policy settings! Now, I know I never did any such...
  5. Changing Security Policies in Windows 10 Pro?

Changing Security Policies in Windows 10 Pro?: I asked a question that got no replies. Basically, I'm stuck trying to install needed drivers for a Seagate storage device. Windows lists it in Other devices with a warning that the drivers for the device were blocked due to policy settings! Now, I know I never did any such...
  6. Changing Security Policies in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Unable to enforce password policy on multiple machines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enforce password policy on multiple machines: I have set the password policy in Windows Tools > Local Security Policy > Security Settings > Account Policies > Password Policy as per the image below on multiple machines earlier in Windows 10 and now in Windows 11.However, none of the machines ask the user [including me]...
  8. Unable to enforce password policy on multiple machines

Unable to enforce password policy on multiple machines: I have set the password policy in Windows Tools > Local Security Policy > Security Settings > Account Policies > Password Policy as per the image below on multiple machines earlier in Windows 10 and now in Windows 11.However, none of the machines ask the user [including me]...
  9. Local security policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local security policy: I am having trouble accessing my Local security policy settings, I am logged in as the administrator the secpol.msc command does not work and cannot be found by the OS. Is this feature disabled on windows 10 home? and if so why?...
  10. Windows 10 Mail doesnt find certificate or ask to enforce policies

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail doesnt find certificate or ask to enforce policies: I have a Windows tablet which had Windows 8.1 installed. On Windows 8.1 the mail and calendar app synced nicely through Exchange ActiveSync. I then upgraded to Windows 10 with the option to save my personal settings but have been unable to sync afterwards. There error message...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 tries to enforce security policies