Windows 10: Windows 10 Trojan both "severe" 2x and "high" 1 Threat level, will NOT Quarantine or Remove...

Discus and support Windows 10 Trojan both "severe" 2x and "high" 1 Threat level, will NOT Quarantine or Remove... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. My real name is Alex. Call me Alex, or call me element, IDC. Anyways, I'd greatly appreciate some assistance. I've been unable to move a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by elementnature, May 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Trojan both "severe" 2x and "high" 1 Threat level, will NOT Quarantine or Remove...

Hello. My real name is Alex. Call me Alex, or call me element, IDC. Anyways, I'd greatly appreciate some assistance. I've been unable to move a "Trojan" virus which seemed to come from a download of a recent crypto mining .exe for mining ETH ethereum currency. I have gotten I believe 3 different maybe even 4 different actual errors/error codes. from 3 separate "threats" but they all seemed to originate from the same file folder / location / program / download locations.

It seems I JUST found out they're recurring. I'm successfully removing and it comes back... .‍

Here's the "virus name" of the main one it seems? :

"Trojan:Win32/CoinMiner!rfn" seems to be it. I found some help here about it at Microsoft but not much...

I've had error code 112 one time, that was actually the 3rd error code I think?

Some background info on the virus, it has NOT been run by me, although I may have unzipped the archive and extracted the files to a folder.

It seems it maybe replicated itself in one or two other spots, and possibly somehow masked the spots with a fake out file location.

It seems to be called "Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner"

So don't download that if you're crypto mining!

I get details like this about location:

"Affected items:

containerfile: C:\Users\alex\Downloads\Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner.zip

file: C:\Users\alex\Downloads\Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner.zip->Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner/OLD VERSIONS/Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Decred_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal_Blake2s_Keccak AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v11.0 - Catalyst 15.12-18.x - CUDA 8.0_9.1_7.5_6.5.zip->Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Decred_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v11.0/cuda6.5/EthDcrMiner64.exe

file: C:\Users\alex\Downloads\Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner.zip->Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner/OLD VERSIONS/Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Decred_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal_Blake2s_Keccak AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v11.3 - Catalyst 15.12-18.x - CUDA 8.0_9.1_7.5_6.5.zip->Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Decred_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal_Blake2s_Keccak AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v11.3/cuda6.5/EthDcrMiner64.exe

file: C:\Users\alex\Downloads\Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner.zip->Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner/OLD VERSIONS/Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Decred_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal_Blake2s_Keccak AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v11.3 - Catalyst 15.12-18.x - CUDA 8.0_9.1_7.5_6.5.zip->Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Decred_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal_Blake2s_Keccak AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v11.3/EthDcrMiner64.exe"

Which is just part of one threat detailing.

PLEASE HELP!

:)

elementnature, May 24, 2020
  2. SMKnower Win User

how to remove a trojan threat that is Quarantined

On the page it does not say remove threat anywhere. So how do I remove a Quarantined Trojan and i have 2 of them got at the same time. Both the same Trojan.

SMKnower, May 24, 2020
  3. ALN
    ALN Win User
    How do I remove quarantined threats

Windows Defender did what it is designed to do - quarantined a Trojan. Now I would like to remove it from quarantine. How do I do that? I know Windows says it will removed periodically, but I do not know how long that may be, so would like to manually get it off of my system now.

The quarantine history also lists the same threat 3 times with the same date. Does that mean it tried to enter my system 3 times in the same day?

4. Windows 10 Trojan both "severe" 2x and "high" 1 Threat level, will NOT Quarantine or Remove...

Trojan in Allowed Items and Quarantines

Windows Defender detected a Trojan Virus on a full scan. When I reviewed the history it indicated that the Trojan was in "allowed threats" as well as in "quarantined threats." How could that happen? How can I find out if the virus was removed?

[Original Title: Trojan virus]

LillianParmertor, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Trojan both "severe" 2x and "high" 1 Threat level, will NOT Quarantine or Remove...

1. Windows 10 Trojan both "severe" 2x and "high" 1 Threat level, will NOT Quarantine or Remove... - Similar Threads - Trojan both severe

2. Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,: Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan it keeps saying to start action but after trying to quarantine or remove it still remains, I have scanned with Malwarebytes and trend house call neither of which found any trace of the trojan........
  3. Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,: Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan it keeps saying to start action but after trying to quarantine or remove it still remains, I have scanned with Malwarebytes and trend house call neither of which found any trace of the trojan........
  4. Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Window defender 10 keep saying threat trojan wont quarantine or remove history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window defender 10 keep saying threat trojan wont quarantine or remove history: Window 10 defender wont remove trojan threat or quarantine keep going back to threat rebooted same thing tried everything keep saying same thing. Installed bought antivirus and it removed it went back to window defender and it says threat. Res can with bought antivirus no...
  6. Window defender 10 keep saying threat trojan wont quarantine or remove history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window defender 10 keep saying threat trojan wont quarantine or remove history: Window 10 defender wont remove trojan threat or quarantine keep going back to threat rebooted same thing tried everything keep saying same thing. Installed bought antivirus and it removed it went back to window defender and it says threat. Res can with bought antivirus no...
  7. Window defender 10 keep saying threat trojan wont quarantine or remove history

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Severe Threat removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Severe Threat removal: I did a full scan of my laptop and a Trojan was detected. I selected to have it removed and 40 minutes later it still hasn't completed the task. Is there a problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/severe-threat-removal/46aed1f3-cb71-4da2-8281-c85d177ed140
  9. removal of trojan threat

removal of trojan threat: My windows defender recently detected a trojan threat. It said that the threat was blocked. It then said "This threat or app has been allowed and will not be remediated in the future" But underneath it said " Status: Removed" I don't understand what that means. Is my...
  10. Remove Quarantined Threats History

Remove Quarantined Threats History: Why can't I remove all quarantined threats and clear all history at once in windows 10? [Original Title: Quarantined Threats] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/remove-quarantined-threats-history/4022cd4c-482f-439b-b40e-af125d0ccbfc