Windows 10: Windows 10 Trouble with first bootup : no [Fast Startup] found in Control...

Discus and support Windows 10 Trouble with first bootup : no [Fast Startup] found in Control... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have trouble of with first start cold bootup and like to follow the coummunity advice to fix the fault:Control panel...Power Options, and select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by macychan, May 13, 2021.

1. macychan Win User

Windows 10 Trouble with first bootup : no [Fast Startup] found in Control...

I have trouble of with first start cold bootup and like to follow the coummunity advice to fix the fault:Control panel...Power Options, and select Choose What the Power Buttons Do on the left.Then select Change Settings That Are Currently Unavailable near the top center of screen...Lower down on the window, uncheck Fast Startup.However I cannot find the Fast Startup for uncheck.Please advise the best way to address the trouble of with first start cold bootup, because it blocks the windows upgrade installation.

:)

macychan, May 13, 2021

2. all office apps startup only after re-start windows

If your computer has an SSD, then this should solve your issue and you won't see any noticeable bootup speed changes:

Disable Fast Startup (step by step):

1. Open Control Panel
    2. Navigate to Hardware and Sound --> Power Options
    3. Then click on "Choose what the power buttons do"
    4. Press "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    5. Under Shutdown settings untick the box beside "Turn on fast startup (recommended)"
    6. Save changes and reboot once.

Windows 10 Trouble with first bootup : no [Fast Startup] found in Control... [​IMG]

Once logged in and Windows has booted up properly and settled, shut down your computer. After that boot your computer again and test your Office apps. They should work now.

slicendice, May 13, 2021
  3. arvipat Win User
    How to Enable Num Lock on Boot Up in Windows 10

'Fast Startup' must be disabled to keep NumLock 'on' after shutdown and bootup.

Step I:

• Search for and open “Power options” in the Start Menu.
    • Click “Choose what the power buttons do” on the left side of the window.
    • Click “Change settings that are currently unavailable.”
    • Under “Shutdown settings” make sure “Turn on fast startup” is disabled.
    Step II:

• Press Win + R and type in Regedit.
    • Navigate to registry key HKEY_USERS\Default\Control Panel\Keyboard.
    • Right click on the “InitialKeyboardIndicators”, select Modify and change Value data to 2.
    • Exit Registry.

arvipat, May 13, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Trouble with first bootup : no [Fast Startup] found in Control...

Turn off Fast Startup

Hi Michel,

Please take note that you must be signed in as an Administrator to be able to turn fast startup on or off. Fast startup requires that
    hibernate be enabled. If you disable hibernate, then it will also disable fast startup.

Steps on how to manually turn off the Fast Startup

• Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click on the
      Power Options
      icon.
    • Click/tap on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side
    • Click/tap on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top
    • If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes
    If the option for turning off the Fast Startup is not available, then changing the registry key maybe required.

Note: Please note that configuring Registry key requires extra care as it might cause another issue with your system.

• Type RegEdit in the search field on your Task bar
      and open the Registry tool.On the left pane of the Registry window, locate
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power.
    • On the right pane of the said location, check if the HiberbootEnabled
      is available. If not, we need to create it by clicking the right key of the mouse, select New
      and click on DWORD (32 bit) Value.
    • Replace it with the word HiberbootEnabled under Name
      column.Data value must be zero (0) that will represent as the Fast Startup is turned off.
    • Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.

Steps on how to disable UAC in Windows 10

• Type UAC in the search field on your Task bar. (If the search field isn't visible, right-click the
      Start button and choose Search.)
    • Click Change User Account Control settings in the search results.
    • To turn UAC off, drag the slider down to Never notify and click
      OK.
    • You may be prompted to confirm your selection or enter an administrator password.
    • Reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.

We look forward to your response.

Kerwin Lee, May 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Trouble with first bootup : no [Fast Startup] found in Control...

1. Windows 10 Trouble with first bootup : no [Fast Startup] found in Control... - Similar Threads - Trouble bootup Fast

2. Windows 10 fast startup is not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 fast startup is not working: I know that Windows 10 is built-in fast startup. It hibernates PC to boot OS faster. But yesterday night, I turned off my PC, it doesn't hibernated, tommorow I turned back on, it booted up slowly. This is happening again and again. I mean it is not hibernating anymore. I...
  3. Fast Startup

Fast Startup: Why is my option to "Turn on fast startup" greyed out? [ATTACH] Pls Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-startup/4c05238b-43c2-4cc7-abff-f89aaf2795cd
  4. Windows Fast startup

Windows Fast startup: HI, My name is Sumiyuru and I have a problem about fast startup feature, By default my computer had the fast startup feature, and it worked fine but one day when I tried to shutdown it only made the screen black and went to lock screen, As I looked into web suggestions it...
  5. Fast Startup

Fast Startup: Okay so I figured out what's causing my computer to not fully shut down, and I'm cool with the whole fast startup feature but my problem with it is that I cant turn my computer back on when its in that mode, like I would have to hold the power button for it to fully shut...
  6. Windows 10 Trouble with first bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Trouble with first bootup: Please read in full. I am not sure which update it was but I know I have done atleast 2 since this started happening. On a cold boot (computer off for min 3 mins) Windows gets to the Logo screen but no spinning loading circle, I have let it sit there for 2 hours with no...
  7. "turn on fast startup" windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "turn on fast startup" windows 10: "turn on fast startup" windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-fast-startup-windows-10/2f19289e-6c94-43cb-b23a-fb8b8ee38320
  8. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: Hi, does anyone know how to enable fast startup without enabling hibernation windows 10? Thank you 18351
  9. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: I tend to leave windows 10 mostly at default settings. So I keep fast start up enabled on my desktop. I do have an SSD but it is convenient and shaves a few seconds of reboot i guess. However I want to know whether it relies on a power source? What I mean by this is, is my pc...
  10. No fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    No fast startup: Hi i have looked in power settings and all i have is sleep and lock no fast startup box to tick i have looked in hiberboot enabled and it is set on (1) i do have 14393-222 build and i do not have any other problems with windows 10 just slow start up. Hp workstation 2tb hard...