Windows 10: Windows 10 Troubleshoot/Reset Error Message

Discus and support Windows 10 Troubleshoot/Reset Error Message in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH]My daughter’s laptop has the attached error message showing. She can’t get the error to go away, and is afraid to do the troubleshooting option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MerryMichalsen, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Troubleshoot/Reset Error Message

Windows 10 Troubleshoot/Reset Error Message 3291c456-2432-4e8d-8df3-894d6ca07857?upload=true.jpg My daughter’s laptop has the attached error message showing. She can’t get the error to go away, and is afraid to do the troubleshooting option because she doesn’t want to lose her files and programs. Everything I have looked at says that she can reset it and choose to keep her files but will lose all programs. Is this the only option she has at this point? Or is there a way to get this message to go away?

:)

MerryMichalsen, Apr 18, 2020

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Troubleshoot/Reset Error Message

Factory reset "Error" message

Hi Jaxyn,

It seems that the issue that you initially encountered also interferes with the factory reset. In order for us to provide the appropriate solution, we'd like to ask for additional information. Please answer the following:

• Aside from failing at 30%-32%, are you also getting an error message or code?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Troubleshoot/Reset Error Message

1. Windows 10 Troubleshoot/Reset Error Message - Similar Threads - Troubleshoot Reset Error

2. Camera not detected error message in Windows 10 and troubleshooting not resolving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera not detected error message in Windows 10 and troubleshooting not resolving: I am trying to use my camera for the first time in a while. It was working fine. I have made no recent changes to my Windows 10 desktop running Edge. I am receiving the error message: 0XA00F4244 each time I have tried to access it. I have troubleshooted using my device...
  3. Camera not detected error message in Windows 10 and troubleshooting not resolving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not detected error message in Windows 10 and troubleshooting not resolving: I am trying to use my camera for the first time in a while. It was working fine. I have made no recent changes to my Windows 10 desktop running Edge. I am receiving the error message: 0XA00F4244 each time I have tried to access it. I have troubleshooted using my device...
  4. Camera not detected error message in Windows 10 and troubleshooting not resolving

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Troubleshoot Windows Subsystem for Linux Error Messages and Codes

in Windows 10 News
    Troubleshoot Windows Subsystem for Linux Error Messages and Codes: [ATTACH]Like all software, the Windows Subsystem (WSL2) too has its fair shares of issues. In this guide, we are going to troubleshoot Windows Subsystem for Linux Error Messages and Codes. Fix Windows Subsystem for Linux Errors, Problems & Issues These are messages for which...
  6. troubleshooting is not working in windows 10 error message states " error starting...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    troubleshooting is not working in windows 10 error message states " error starting...: troubleshooting does not work on my windows 10 dell computer. whenever any troubleshooting wizard is started it gives the same error message, "error starting troubleshooting wizard, 0x80040154" please help!! thank you so much in advance. Robert Lucia...
  7. windows 10 troubleshooting error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 troubleshooting error: Hello, I get an error 0x80070057 when I try to open windows update troubleshooter. HERE IS A PICTURE [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-troubleshooting-error/33925729-0fac-4421-9f96-12a83e6c9e9a
  8. Reset of windows 10 stops with the message "there was an error while resetting. No changes...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset of windows 10 stops with the message "there was an error while resetting. No changes...: I wanted to reset my Dell Laptop. I have tried doing it 3 times. The process goes smoithly till 65% and after that it stops. After a few minutes the above message is shown....
  9. Troubleshooting common Disk Management error messages

in Windows 10 News
    Troubleshooting common Disk Management error messages: [ATTACH] Disk errors are one of the most common errors on Windows 10. It is also scary because all our data are on the disk drives, and even with backup in place, its time consuming to restore all of them. That [...] This post Troubleshooting common Disk Management error...
  10. Windows Update troubleshooting error messages

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update troubleshooting error messages: Ran the Troubleshooter for Windows Upgrade. Got Issue Found: Potential Windows Update Database error detected - - Not Fixed Then it reported: Repair Windows Update Database Corruption . . . . Completed. One troubleshooting step to resolve WU issues is to delete and...