Windows 10: Windows 10 - Troubleshoot tool error + cannot open Outlook/Backup/Restore

Discus and support Windows 10 - Troubleshoot tool error + cannot open Outlook/Backup/Restore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I am currently having a number of diverse issues with my computer. I cannot open Outlook - "something is wrong with one of the data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Suzieb8, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Suzieb8 Win User

Windows 10 - Troubleshoot tool error + cannot open Outlook/Backup/Restore

Hi there,

I am currently having a number of diverse issues with my computer.

I cannot open Outlook - "something is wrong with one of the data files.........' I have scanned and fixed the drive for errors and repaired file/s a number of times.

The windows search function frequently hangs or doesn't find a file that I know is on the computer.

My windows backup is not completing.

While trying to run Troubleshoot through Settings whatever I try I receive the message 'an unexpected error has occurred. The troubleshooting wizard can't continue.

Restore will not run either.

I have tried to use the online support which suggests to start Office Applications in Safe Mode. I right click on Start and select Run. I receive an error message shell:::{2559a1f3 ...............}

Any assistance would be very much appreciate. This is extremely frustrating as it is severely impacting upon my abiklity to work efficiently.

:)

Suzieb8, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 17, 2020
  3. installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, Jun 17, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt

In a link it suggested several registry troubleshooting steps for a Windows with black screen.

For Windows 10 1909 how do you backup and restore one registry change using a windows 10 iso command prompt?

If more than one registry entry is modified how do you backup and restore a second change?

In addition to modifying one or two commands how do you backup and restore the whole registry when the only access is via a windows 10 iso command prompt?

zbook, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Troubleshoot tool error + cannot open Outlook/Backup/Restore - Similar Threads - Troubleshoot tool error

2. Windows Troubleshooting Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Troubleshooting Tool: I need to use the Windows Troubleshooting tool to check for program compatibility of SQL Server 2017 Error and Usage Reporting program to:· Perform a test run of the program using recommended compatibility settings.· Generate a Troubleshooting Report of the above test· View...
  3. Windows Troubleshooting Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Troubleshooting Tool: I need to use the Windows Troubleshooting tool to check for program compatibility of SQL Server 2017 Error and Usage Reporting program to:· Perform a test run of the program using recommended compatibility settings.· Generate a Troubleshooting Report of the above test· View...
  4. Windows Activation Error, And Troubleshooting Tool Error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation Error, And Troubleshooting Tool Error: This is a laptop that I bought new from best buy, and when I got it, it was activated and everything, but recently I reset my windows 10 because of a Blue screen of death that wouldn't go away, so i did a complete factory reset, and now it shows that windows is not activated,...
  5. cannot open Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot open Outlook: cannot open Outlook, still tied to old company under *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, I want to use as a private account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-outlook/e5c37242-96e3-4d59-9913-5ce7d023a3c6
  6. Outlook Will Not Open - Error - Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook Will Not Open - Error - Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook: Outllook will not open on my Surface Pro. When I click on outlook the following message comes up: Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The attempt to log on to Mirosoft Exchange has failed. The only thing I...
  7. cannot open Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot open Outlook: After changing a provider, can't open Microsoft Outlook.Help me to regain access to my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-outlook/62fa0c89-de8b-4e47-a5c8-0cbfb3bca123
  8. Cannot access to backup and restore(windows 7) in windows 10

Cannot access to backup and restore(windows 7) in windows 10: Hello, I have an administrator for desktop PC. How can I solve this problem? Thanks [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-to-backup-and-restorewindows-7-in/7670fedb-161f-49e7-bf05-c8fbf137f629
  9. Windows 10 Backup and Restore

Windows 10 Backup and Restore: When I go to Windows 10 backup and restore page on my HP Notebook why does it show Backup and restore Windows 7 When I have Windows 10.Windows 10 was already preinstalled on this laptop when I bought it ?...
  10. Backup and Restore Error

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore Error: Just bought a new Windows 10, Office 2016, Ultra HD Lenovo computer. Already having issues, surprise surprise! Not only are there scaling/blurry issues with some apps, but Windows Backup and Restore is displaying the following error: The semaphore timeout period has...