Windows 10: Windows 10 Troubleshooter not reactivating my windows license after a hardware change.

Discus and support Windows 10 Troubleshooter not reactivating my windows license after a hardware change. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently replaced my motherboard, ram, and CPU in my PC and I've looked everywhere. Everyone is saying to connect my Microsoft account (I've already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Grantito55, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Troubleshooter not reactivating my windows license after a hardware change.

I recently replaced my motherboard, ram, and CPU in my PC and I've looked everywhere. Everyone is saying to connect my Microsoft account (I've already done that) and to use the troubleshooter to reactivate my license. The problem is that when I tell the troubleshooter that I made a hardware change and select my device, I gives me an error saying "We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." I get no error code or anything that tells me what is wrong or why it can't be activated. This is very frustrating seeing the activation watermark on my screen all the time. If someone from Microsoft can help me with reactivating my license it would be much appreciated. I've looked all over the internet and nothing seems to help or give an answer to my problem.

:)

Grantito55, Dec 1, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Dadof 5 Win User
    Dadof 5, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Troubleshooter not reactivating my windows license after a hardware change.

Uninstall (delete, remove) the Windows 10 digital license from old hardware, after reactivating it on new (similar) hardware, after hardware change

Hi,

I recently was able to reactivate my Windows 10 digital license on new (only on similar, same type laptop to laptop) hardware, by linking my Microsoft account. I followed the steps mentoned in

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

I find that the old hardware, still has an activated digital license of Windows.

I need to uninstall the digital license from the old hardware, in such a way that it will not activate, on its own, and will not invalidate the digital license on my new hardware, at all.

Please advice me, as I would like to transfer my digital license to my new hardware, completely, and permanently. I require my old hardware to not be having the digital license, at all, and the digital license to be completely deleted from it.

Vikram S Ramani, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Troubleshooter not reactivating my windows license after a hardware change.

1. Windows 10 Troubleshooter not reactivating my windows license after a hardware change. - Similar Threads - Troubleshooter reactivating license

2. Reactivation of my Windows license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivation of my Windows license after hardware change: I obtained my Windows 10 license by upgrading from a previous version. I had to replace my motherboard and now I can't reactivate my Windows license. I have followed the troubleshooting and conversation threads without results....
  3. Reactivation of my Windows license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivation of my Windows license after hardware change: I obtained my Windows 10 license by upgrading from a previous version. I had to replace my motherboard and now I can't reactivate my Windows license. I have followed the troubleshooting and conversation threads without results....
  4. Reactivation of my Windows license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 reactivation with digital license after hardware change

Windows 10 reactivation with digital license after hardware change: I was under the impression that having linked your Microsoft account with your old hardware to have the digital license linked you could activate windows 10 on the new hardware, was I wrong? I don't have my windows 7 key anymore since i got that from my school a while ago but...
  6. cannot reactivate license after hardware change

cannot reactivate license after hardware change: Hi, I upgraded hardware on my PC and now my Windows version is no longer seen as active. When trying to reactivate It seems my old license tied to my user, and shows my computer name, but I cannot reactivate. It simply throws an error. How could I go about fixing this?...
  7. Windows License reactivation after hardware change

Windows License reactivation after hardware change: Hi, I recently changed hardware and now my windows license has been deactivated. I tried using the troubleshooter but it didn't work. I signed in to the account were the digital license was connected to, but still can't get it to reactivate....
  8. Windows license is not reactivating with Activation Troubleshooter after changing hardware

Windows license is not reactivating with Activation Troubleshooter after changing hardware: Hello. I've changed my hardware recently, Windows Activation failed now and I cannot solve it through Activation Troubleshooter. After I'm choosing the device I'm currently using I get "Unable to activate Windows". How this can be solved? I still have the same product key...
  9. CANT REACTIVATE MY WINDOWS 10 DIGITAL LICENSE AFTER HARDWARE CHANGE

CANT REACTIVATE MY WINDOWS 10 DIGITAL LICENSE AFTER HARDWARE CHANGE: Anyone know how do I reactivate my Windows 10 again? Recently changed the hardware. Only have digital license from the 2016 free upgrade. Online Support are only bots. and the community forum which lead to the same links/troubleshoot. oh by the way. Troubleshooting didn't...
  10. Reactivation of Windows 10 License failed after changing hardware

Reactivation of Windows 10 License failed after changing hardware: Hi, I'm trying to reactivate my free Windows 10 License after migrating from Windows 8 after changing some of my PC's components. To do this I followed the advice on this website:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reactivate windows 10 troubleshooter device not listed

2. microsoft account not reactivating licence