Windows 10: Windows 10 troubleshooters failing

Discus and support Windows 10 troubleshooters failing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows troubleshooters failing. I saw the post about the necessary services and had to start the Windows installer service but the Hardware and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by purebreddman09, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Windows 10 troubleshooters failing

Windows troubleshooters failing. I saw the post about the necessary services and had to start the Windows installer service but the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter still fails with the error:

Package ID: DeviceDiagnostic

Path: C:\Windows\Diagnostics\Index\DeviceDiagnostic.xml

Error code: 0x80131700

User: My account

Context: Elevated

Other troubleshooters are failing with the same Error code 0x80131700 but application specfic information.

:)

purebreddman09, Nov 24, 2018

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Nov 24, 2018
  3. What is causing Prime 95 to keep failing all the time in the first 10 minutes?

...and what will be your next step if THAT fails to make Prime stable? More volts?

I would think you would want to be using the LEAST amount of volts possible (for heat and longevity issues). That's why I suggested you use a more scientific approach to troubleshooting your instabilty. Meaning, IF your RAM passes 10 loops of MemTest with no errors at the speed you are trying to run, AND Prime continues to fail, THEN consider giving a bump to NB, FSB and Vcore (in that order).

Dr. Spankenstein, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Windows 10 troubleshooters failing

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 troubleshooters failing

1. Windows 10 troubleshooters failing - Similar Threads - troubleshooters failing

2. Darshan Hiranandani : My Windows Update keeps failing. How can I troubleshoot this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Darshan Hiranandani : My Windows Update keeps failing. How can I troubleshoot this?: Hii, I am Darshan Hiranandani, I hope you're doing well. I'm currently facing an issue where my Windows Update keeps failing repeatedly. It's becoming quite frustrating, and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it effectively. Could you please provide some guidance or steps I can...
  3. Darshan Hiranandani : My Windows Update keeps failing. How can I troubleshoot this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Darshan Hiranandani : My Windows Update keeps failing. How can I troubleshoot this?: Hii, I am Darshan Hiranandani, I hope you're doing well. I'm currently facing an issue where my Windows Update keeps failing repeatedly. It's becoming quite frustrating, and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it effectively. Could you please provide some guidance or steps I can...
  4. Darshan Hiranandani : My Windows Update keeps failing. How can I troubleshoot this?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Update: KBXXXXXXX Fails to Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting Windows 10 Update: KBXXXXXXX Fails to Install: I've encountered an issue with a recent Windows 10 update, specifically KBXXXXXXX, which consistently fails to install on my system. Despite multiple attempts, the installation process gets stuck at a certain percentage and then reverts changes, ultimately failing. I've tried...
  6. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Update: KBXXXXXXX Fails to Install

Troubleshooting Windows 10 Update: KBXXXXXXX Fails to Install: I've encountered an issue with a recent Windows 10 update, specifically KBXXXXXXX, which consistently fails to install on my system. Despite multiple attempts, the installation process gets stuck at a certain percentage and then reverts changes, ultimately failing. I've tried...
  7. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Update: KBXXXXXXX Fails to Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. My laptop failed to auto repairs and there is no reset option in the troubleshoot and now I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop failed to auto repairs and there is no reset option in the troubleshoot and now I...: My laptop failed to boot and I then tried auto repair but it also failed and brought me a troubleshoot option but no reset option I clicked on the troubleshoot option but there was no reset option and now I don't know what to do plan help...
  9. My laptop failed to auto repairs and there is no reset option in the troubleshoot and now I...

My laptop failed to auto repairs and there is no reset option in the troubleshoot and now I...: My laptop failed to boot and I then tried auto repair but it also failed and brought me a troubleshoot option but no reset option I clicked on the troubleshoot option but there was no reset option and now I don't know what to do plan help...
  10. My laptop failed to auto repairs and there is no reset option in the troubleshoot and now I...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging