Windows 10: Windows 10 troubleshooting + fact-finding : unsupported power states

Discus and support Windows 10 troubleshooting + fact-finding : unsupported power states in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Fresh thread after reading a few here, and spending a while with a new* computer on a clean** build of Windows 10 Powercfg -a reports S1 support only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jonnyOn7, Jun 5, 2021.

1. jonnyOn7 Win User

Windows 10 troubleshooting + fact-finding : unsupported power states

Fresh thread after reading a few here, and spending a while with a new* computer on a clean** build of Windows 10 Powercfg -a reports S1 support only Windows sleep option present, on resume, Windows only has working cursor with blue background, before internal power error crash The fans don't go off, but (maybe on IDE drive with original win10HomePremium build) the machine seemed to enter and resume from a deep sleep mode (fans off) ❓(If available) do BIOS firmware updates / config changes the available sleep states reported by powercfg -a? ❓If only S1 is available, does this mean shutdown is only option (vhd means no hibernate) *updating spec with mobo cpu gfx info, machine was purchased new and never used, maybe a decade ago... then gifted to me to fuc play with... Only 1VGA, until/if? GFX prices return to planet with PS/2 port *♂️ ** using VHD on bare metal since I learned of support... Also still trying to grasp what's what, re the plethora of new BIOS options that seem potentially related... ❗After reading of the issues caused by patch Tuesdays, I implemented hairbrained/whynot option 1- updates off... expect many problems will be solved with some updates, but also predict more issues than improvements by enabling normal update all / critical.. Mentioned as factor1, plan to clone VHD1, run-update routine on clone, then see what's what. Thanks in advance, Jonny... Now on Win10

:)

jonnyOn7, Jun 5, 2021
  2. Ruz San Win User

windows 10 crash on power state change

Hi,

The computer might've encountered an error after the changes were applied. Did you get an error message when the computer crashed?

Let's run the Power troubleshooter in Control Panel to identify what caused the problem to happen. It may also fix the issue since Windows troubleshooters are designed to correct the problems they find on the system. Follow these steps to run the suggested
    tool:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left panel, click on View all.
    • Choose Power and allow the troubleshooter to run.

Let us know if it fixes the problem.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Jun 5, 2021
  3. where can i find the window 10 power troubleshoot

Hi Jim,

The charger port could also be the reason why your computer isn't charging even using a new power cord. The charger adapter could be the culprit as well. However, you thought well about the power troubleshooter. Let's see if the troubleshooter will give
    us the solution to your concern. See the steps below:

• Click on the Windows icon on your computer, then type in Troubleshoot.
    • At the left pane, choose Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power, then
      Run the troubleshooter.
    • Follow the prompt, then see if it'll resolve the issue.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Jun 5, 2021
  4. Windows 10 troubleshooting + fact-finding : unsupported power states

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 troubleshooting + fact-finding : unsupported power states

1. Windows 10 troubleshooting + fact-finding : unsupported power states - Similar Threads - troubleshooting fact finding

2. Troubleshooting power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting power: My device is running slow since last year i have had reset it several times in past six months but nothing happened and opening of apps is much slower and device is late in responding.I recently troubleshoot powerbattery and got this....
  3. Troubleshooting power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubleshooting power: My device is running slow since last year i have had reset it several times in past six months but nothing happened and opening of apps is much slower and device is late in responding.I recently troubleshoot powerbattery and got this....
  4. Troubleshooting power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Power-Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power-Troubleshooter: In almost every 30 minutes my computer sleeps itself when i look why it was doing that i got a log saying that my computer system has returned from low power state and Power-Troubleshooter made that. Is there a way that i can turn Power-Troubleshooter off so it won't take my...
  6. Drive Power State Failure Windows 10

Drive Power State Failure Windows 10: Needing help with this. Have tried numerous fixes on the web and on Microsoft community including updating drivers, reinstalling driver, changing power settings, running Driver Verifier, and system File Checker. have also reinstalled windows. Can send mini dump file and...
  7. Power State Issues Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power State Issues Windows 10: Recently, I've been having power issues in Windows 10 on my desktop. I was unable to shut down my computer, as it would remain on with all of the fans ramping up to max. I resolved this issue by making a post in /r/asrock and turned off fast boot. However, I am still unable...
  8. Driver Power State Failure even after troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Power State Failure even after troubleshooting: Hello, I’ve been getting a Driver Power State Failure error even after taking many troubleshooting steps. I’ve updated all my drivers but the error is still occurring. Can someone read these Minidumps It’s a OneDrive link and tell me what’s causing the error? Thanks,...
  9. driver power state failure Windows 10

driver power state failure Windows 10: This is a very common Windows crash problem but threads on the topic get locked by Microsoft almost immediately and I cannot easily find an open one. I first encountered this problem a year or two ago, and after unsuccessfully attempting to troubleshoot and identify the...
  10. power state failure windows 10

power state failure windows 10: Sir, I been facing this issue since last few days and i am uploading minidump file . please advice me what is the problem which i am facing and advice me what to do next Regards Visakh...