Windows 10: Windows 10 trying to do a dns request to USA's department of defense

Discus and support Windows 10 trying to do a dns request to USA's department of defense in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why would you think that my windows 10 pro v1803 is trying to query Name resolution for the name 140.37.232.199.in-addr.arpa. timed out after none of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jsbsmd, May 18, 2019.

1. jsbsmd Win User

Windows 10 trying to do a dns request to USA's department of defense

Why would you think that my windows 10 pro v1803 is trying to query

Name resolution for the name 140.37.232.199.in-addr.arpa. timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

I live in Canada and definitely have never tried to access any DoD websites. Is there some type of surveillance going on here?

Windows 10 trying to do a dns request to USA's department of defense f9cb6932-bf08-4dd0-ba0b-95f3ef89d268?upload=true.jpg

WHOIS:

NetRange: 140.37.0.0 - 140.37.255.255
    CIDR: 140.37.0.0/16
    NetName: DNIC-RNET-140-037
    NetHandle: NET-140-37-0-0-1
    Parent: NET140 (NET-140-0-0-0-0)
    NetType: Direct Assignment
    OriginAS:
    Organization: DoD Network Information Center (DNIC)
    RegDate: 1990-04-08
    Updated: 2009-03-26
    Ref: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/ip/140.37.0.0

OrgName: DoD Network Information Center
    OrgId: DNIC
    Address: 3990 E. Broad Street
    City: Columbus
    StateProv: OH
    PostalCode: 43218
    RegDate:
    Updated: 2011-08-17
    Ref: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/DNIC

:)

jsbsmd, May 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 DNS leak

No, went with a different 3rd party suggestion. Works better. I'm reliant on others for my tech needs that way.

the54thvoid, May 18, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    US Department of Defense Commits Upgrade 4 Million Seats to Windows 10

Source: US Department of Defense Commits to Upgrade 4 Million Seats to Windows 10 | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, May 18, 2019
  4. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, May 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 trying to do a dns request to USA's department of defense - Similar Threads - trying dns request

2. Activation of Windows 10 outside of USA.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation of Windows 10 outside of USA.: Hi, I am running Parallels on my MacBook Pro and need to activate Window 10. When I go into Settings > Activation > Go to Store, it takes me to the US one and I cannot enter my address in order to buy the license. I have tried going through the NZ MS store but I can't figure...
  3. DNS request timed out in command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS request timed out in command prompt: Hello, I've been experiencing issues with Halo MCC giving me this weird microstutter when I play online. In diagnosing it I've reinstalled windows completely, tried multiple sets of hardware 3 motherboards, 2 processors, 2 sets of ram, 2 graphics cards, 2 power supplies, and...
  4. Ransomware Defense

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransomware Defense: In the light of the continuous escalation of ransomware attacks against commercial enterprises, government, critical infrastructure, and private citizens, maybe it’s worth exploring alternative defenses. Anti-malware and other endpoint threat mitigation/remediation have...
  5. Microsoft wins JEDI Cloud contract from U.S. Department of Defense

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft wins JEDI Cloud contract from U.S. Department of Defense: Over the last two years the Department of Defense has awarded more than $11 billion across 10 separate cloud contracts. As we continue to execute the DOD Cloud Strategy, additional contracts are planned for both cloud services and complementary migration and integration...
  6. Microsoft wins JEDI contract from U.S. Department of Defense

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft wins JEDI contract from U.S. Department of Defense: Over the last two years the Department of Defense has awarded more than $11 billion across 10 separate cloud contracts. As we continue to execute the DOD Cloud Strategy, additional contracts are planned for both cloud services and complementary migration and integration...
  7. Windows Defense

Windows Defense: Can Windows Defense be run simultaneously along with my Vipre Advance Security program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defense/1e715beb-59a9-48a1-b93b-d8a5717dea84"
  8. Total Defense

Total Defense: I thought I'd be brave and try to install Total Defense's (paid) anti-virus program that works under Windows 8.1 It installed okay although did give me a warning about "some incompatability issues". On re-boot however the PC just "hung", my guess is trying to boot the...
  9. US Department of Defense Commits Upgrade 4 Million Seats to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    US Department of Defense Commits Upgrade 4 Million Seats to Windows 10: With more than 76% of our enterprise and education customers in active pilots of Windows 10 and more than 200 million active devices running Windows 10, we’re seeing accelerated and unprecedented demand for Windows 10 amongst enterprise customers. One of the largest...
  10. Surface now approved for U.S. Department of Defense

in Windows 10 News
    Surface now approved for U.S. Department of Defense: As the DoD plans for its upgrade to Windows 10, today we’re also pleased to announce that the Surface family of devices are now fully certified and available through the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Unified Capabilities (UC) Approved Products List (APL) and can...