Windows 10: Windows 10 trying to establish a network between laptop and desktop

Discus and support Windows 10 trying to establish a network between laptop and desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Dell Desktop with Windows 10 version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 Ethernet to Modem/Router I have a Dell Laptop with windows 10 version 10.0.18362... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bill and RuthStephens, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 trying to establish a network between laptop and desktop

I have a Dell Desktop with Windows 10 version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 Ethernet to Modem/Router

I have a Dell Laptop with windows 10 version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 wireless to Modem/Router

I have them networked, but I cannot connect them because I don't have Network Credentials Password/user name

I've tried several methods to obtain the passwords with no luck.

Please give direction/advise

:)

Bill and RuthStephens, Mar 28, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Windows 10 trying to establish a network between laptop and desktop

Establishing home network

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • How does your PC's connected to the network? Is it via wired or wireless connection?

Meanwhile, make sure that the folder you've created is shared to your Windows 7 machine, we suggest checking this
    article
    for more information about sharing libraries using HomeGroup.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 trying to establish a network between laptop and desktop

1. Windows 10 trying to establish a network between laptop and desktop - Similar Threads - trying establish network

2. Connection with network not established

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connection with network not established: Hello,I'm using my PC earlier and everything works smoothly. I tried using again today and it cannot connect to internet. I restarted my router, restarted my PC and even reconnect the cable. I have internet since wifi is working. I think the network is not working please...
  3. Connection with network not established

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connection with network not established: Hello,I'm using my PC earlier and everything works smoothly. I tried using again today and it cannot connect to internet. I restarted my router, restarted my PC and even reconnect the cable. I have internet since wifi is working. I think the network is not working please...
  4. Connection with network not established

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 folder icon mismatch between laptop & desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 folder icon mismatch between laptop & desktop: Hey, so I have a laptop and a desktop with windows 10 on it but the folder icons are different on each of them, I would like them to look the same, would anyone know why they are different and how to change them? [img] Desktop is build is 18362.900 Laptop build is...
  6. Switch laptops between desktops?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switch laptops between desktops?: With Windows 10 there is the possibility to switch between "desktops". So not different monitors, but virtual desktops to work structured. Now I have the problem that if I start an application in Desktop 1 (e.g. Discord) and then swap to Desktop 2 before Discord has fully...
  7. no home network connection between wifi laptop and cable desktop

no home network connection between wifi laptop and cable desktop: I have a HP desktop that has a private network set up, and it's connected to the router via cable. I also have a Dell laptop with a private network set up, and it's connected to the router via Wifi. Both are running Windows 10. However neither can "see" the other's...
  8. sync folders between laptop and desktop in Windows 10

sync folders between laptop and desktop in Windows 10: How can I sync folders between my laptop and desktop in Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-folders-between-laptop-and-desktop-in-windows/ea5b68ac-1676-49c9-8bf7-15f02fae9dcb
  9. Networking issue between 2 desktop & laptop

Networking issue between 2 desktop & laptop: So without being too hyperbolic, I'm about to die! I've spent too many hours with 0 progress and am beginning to resent pcs in general. I have 3 pcs (2 desktops and a laptop) all wired via gigabit. In short - my desktop (a) can see itself and my laptop under network,...
  10. Network sharing problem between desktops and laptop

Network sharing problem between desktops and laptop: Hi Guys, This issues has been driving me nuts since the 1703 Creators Update. I've searched the web and tried pretty much everything to fix it with no luck. So I let it slide until now. I've finally decided to raise the issue here to see if the greatest minds in the...