Windows 10: Windows 10 trying to Upgrade to Windows 10 on every shutdown.

Discus and support Windows 10 trying to Upgrade to Windows 10 on every shutdown. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a refurbished computer a couple weeks back. There was a scratch on the case so they sold it as refurbished after replacing the case. It is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by brister, Apr 26, 2016.

1. brister Win User

Windows 10 trying to Upgrade to Windows 10 on every shutdown.

I bought a refurbished computer a couple weeks back. There was a scratch on the case so they sold it as refurbished after replacing the case. It is a Windows 10 OS but every time I shut it down, it updates and tried to upgrade to windows 10. After the update fails it gives me a Windows 8.1 error regarding upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

Has anyone come across this issue. It is not causing any performance issues, more of a major annoyance! Any insight on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

:)

brister, Apr 26, 2016

2. Windows Task Bar unresponsive

Reverting back to 7 is not possible, who would of guessed? God damn wheres the **** support for this ****!

I have also tried to use an Ethernet cable to connect to the internet and the same or similar problems arise (not being able to access the flashing or none flashing taskbar with along with the windows associated programs). I suppose the direction windows
    is going, that internet is just a useless thing of the past??

Windows 11 or "9" must be the answer to the inbred thinking to windows 10. AWFUL COMPANY AND PRODUCT! thanks for the damn support Windows 10 trying to Upgrade to Windows 10 on every shutdown. ;) i feel appreciated as a customer.

downgraded to 10, Apr 26, 2016
  3. Windows Task Bar unresponsive

I will just disregard this message and revert back to Windows 7. This has been very disappointing. This is a Microsoft upgrade and a Microsoft issue, which there is minute support for. I use this computer for work purposes, and this experience has done nothing
    but conflict the way I make my money. Therefor, I will not be wasting my money on a company that has no interest in supporting their customers or taking the time (three years obviously was not nearly enough) to make sure,
    their product, is fully functional before it is pushed out.

Please ignore this entire post unless there is a known fix or an update that solves the incompetency of this upgrade. I wish to not waste anymore of my time with dead ends. Wish me good luck in reverting back to 7 as I have little faith in this faulty operating
    system!

downgraded to 10, Apr 26, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, rather than trying to fix it, assuming there's nothing on it you want to keep, simply get a copy of '10 (free) and reinstall. Much safer if there's a chance it's been used by someone.

Or simply take it back- you presumably have a warranty period.

dalchina, Apr 27, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    I suspect it is rtrying to upgrade to version 10586.

Run winver and tell us what version you are running.

cereberus, Apr 27, 2016
  6. Superfly Win User
    I concur, but why the Win 8.1 error? That has me flummoxed...

Superfly, Apr 27, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    ... which is why I suggested a clean install given no personal data, and we don't know its history..

dalchina, Apr 27, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

*Ditto
    *Ditto

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 trying to Upgrade to Windows 10 on every shutdown. - Similar Threads - trying Upgrade every

2. Windows 10 Shutdown every 30 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Shutdown every 30 minutes: Computer shuts down every 30 minutes? [Original Title: Windows 10 computer.] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shutdown-every-30-minutes/31960b85-95dc-49ff-9128-ef4a4d35f33e
  3. Can't Upgrade Windows - Tried every suggestion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Upgrade Windows - Tried every suggestion: I googled all the solutions for 0x80080005, nothing works. I have struggled with this for almost a year. I am a developer trying to release a product. When I went to use the tool to create an installer for my app, it says "update windows"! So near and yet so far. Is...
  4. Trying to upgrade Windows 10

Trying to upgrade Windows 10: Hello I have bought a 256GB HP laptop and I am receiving messages that I need to update Windows 10 as the version I am running will no longer be supported. When I try and run the update it tells me that I need more storage and I cannot clear the space as I have 230GB...
  5. Trying to upgrade Windows 10

Trying to upgrade Windows 10: I've been trying to use the Windows Upgrade in Windows 10, but each time I try it it goes through much of the motions for hours, and after several restarts and a screen that shows 50% - I then get a screen that shows a problem with the download/install - but it does not state...
  6. Unexpected Shutdowns after upgrading Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected Shutdowns after upgrading Windows 10: I recently updated my Windows 10 OS on Dell Inspiron N5040. However, despite the numerous upgrades that come with this version, my computer keeps on shutting down. What could be the problem, please. Before the update, my pc was very stable but it has become unusable. Kindly...
  7. Slow shutdown after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow shutdown after upgrading to Windows 10: Slow shutdown after upgrading to Windows 10 on my T61p T61p, T9500, SSD Updated Windows 7 Pro 32 to Windows 10 Pro 32 in place. All works well after a couple of tweeks. Only tweek I did not like was having to disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to...
  8. Trying to upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to upgrade to windows 10: I started the update which had been downloaded from my reserve copy via Windows. After about 15 minutes, I came back into the room and the computer was off... I tried to restart...the light came on, but the screen remained black. I have let it sit for over 20 min. now, and...
  9. Computer Shutdown During Windows 10 Upgrade

Computer Shutdown During Windows 10 Upgrade: Alrighty peoples...y'all are gonna have fun with this one *Wink So a friend of mine's grandmother is rather computer-illiterate. Her computer started to upgrade to Windows 10 and she (thinking that it would delete all of her data) shutdown the computer halfway through. Now...
  10. Trying to upgrade to Windows 10

Trying to upgrade to Windows 10: Ok needing some help here's whats going on. I have a windows 8.1 bing laptop I'm trying to upgrade to windows 10 for free which I can still do windows support said its still possible since my windows 8.1 bing was already active. So here's the problem. My laptop is a hp stream...