Windows 10: Windows 10 TTS having trouble parsing words with an “if” pattern

Discus and support Windows 10 TTS having trouble parsing words with an “if” pattern in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I’ve been using the read aloud feature in Edge to read my school textbook to me and I’ve noticed it’s not correctly pronunciating words that have an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlyssaBallesteros, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Windows 10 TTS having trouble parsing words with an “if” pattern

I’ve been using the read aloud feature in Edge to read my school textbook to me and I’ve noticed it’s not correctly pronunciating words that have an “i-f” pattern in them, for example, “different” (pronounced as “die-errent”) and “specific” (pronounced as “spe-sic”). Is there a way to fix this issue?

:)

AlyssaBallesteros, Nov 30, 2018

2. cant access tt stopwatch app

I recently installed the "tt stopwatch" app on my Nokia 5230. I can see it in the list of installed apps but I cannot access it to use it. Any suggestions?

iggy2---01, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Windows 10 TTS having trouble parsing words with an “if” pattern

Sometimes TTS pronunciation is wrong in Windows 10.

Original Title: TTS pronunciation

The Microsoft voices for TTS sometimes pronounces words wrong. Is there a way to correct / edit the way those words are pronounced? This has NOTHING to do with speech recognition. It is TTS, reading text from a file, and converting it to words, using
    one of the built-in voices provided with Win10.

DougEdmunds, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 TTS having trouble parsing words with an “if” pattern

1. Windows 10 TTS having trouble parsing words with an “if” pattern - Similar Threads - TTS having trouble

2. Error parsing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error parsing: Can someone tell me what this is?Error parsingC:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.030319\config\machine.configParser returned error 0xC00CE508I haven't a clue. Is it a Trojan? If not can it be fixed? Don't know where it came from and it's driving me nuts popping up all...
  3. Parsing error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Parsing error: I have an HP laptop running Windows 10 and I have started to get the following error message "Error Parsing C:\windows\microsoft.net\framework64\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config Parser returned error 0x8004005." Can you please help me....
  4. Parsing Error in Windows 10

Parsing Error in Windows 10: Sorry to ask again but I cannot fix the Parsing Error 0xC00CE56. I have tried many ways but it is still not working when I install the SupportAssistManager from Dell. Can anyone help me with this problem? My Windows version is 1803, and if I update it, will it fix the...
  5. Microsoft is having parsing problems today Windows 10

Microsoft is having parsing problems today Windows 10: I was in another thread when it was clear that the word 'five' had not been recognised - I had the message "add to dictionary" etc. I clicked on 'inspect' and got the following messages in case anyone here want to look into the problem. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] PS Should I...
  6. Trouble with Word

Trouble with Word: I have window 365 and Office 10 on my computer. Since the last update (which happens automatically or I wouldn't have them) my word program is giving me tons of grief. I often put photos in my document. Like to move them around and see how the document looks. Since the latest...
  7. Windows 10 TTS sound broken

Windows 10 TTS sound broken: When I Preview a voice it doesn't make any sound. In the Volume Mixer it gives an indication that sound is being played, however I can't hear anything. When testing other sounds they all work. I have tried the System File Checker but it says: Windows Resource Protection...
  8. Mispronounced words in Windows 10 TTS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mispronounced words in Windows 10 TTS: Use Windows 10 Text to Speech feature in Edge to read aloud books. Recently, I’ve found out that the pattern “I+f” is mispronounced by it. For instance, specific sounds like “spe-sic”....
  9. TTS Reader

in Windows 10 Customization
    TTS Reader: What native Win10 OR 3rd party apps allow reading from a calendar a predefined message at a specific time? example: SpeakComputer TTS Reader works great but is old and has a calendar, but you can't set a specific time. everyday @12pm "Lunch" every year@ 1/01/xxxx "Happy...
  10. having trouble printing a single page from word 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    having trouble printing a single page from word 10: I am having trouble printing a single page from word 10 using my shorthand program. I used word 03 wt no problem. 53725