Windows 10: Windows 10 Tune up utils?

Discus and support Windows 10 Tune up utils? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What do others recommend using as the best Windows 10 tune up/optimiser utility? I'm currently using Boostspeed but wondered what others were using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by robgr, Jan 21, 2017.

1. robgr Win User

Windows 10 Tune up utils?

What do others recommend using as the best Windows 10 tune up/optimiser utility?
    I'm currently using Boostspeed but wondered what others were using and why?

:)

robgr, Jan 21, 2017
  2. DPSinha Win User

Windows start-up tune

Upgraded to Windows 10 and enjoying the experience....Noted one thing that, While powering on the PC, the windows start-up tune doesn't play but when the PC is restarted the start-up tune plays. Is it normal?

Thanks & regards.

DPSinha, Jan 21, 2017
  3. mantha.s Win User
    Windows 10 startup signature tune

I do not hear the windows 10 startup signature tune when my windows 10 starts up after booting.

Is this normal or may be no tune has been uploaded on the evaluation copy?? Can any one respond or enlighten me please.

mantha.s, Jan 21, 2017
  4. Barman58 Win User

Try www.tenforums.com

the vast majority of tune-up utilities are low grade snake oil

Barman58, Jan 21, 2017
  5. prikker Win User
    None. They promise more than they actually do, is my experience.

prikker, Jan 21, 2017
  6. CCleaner as a basic tool, some Windows commands for cleanup and a few tweaks collected on the internet.

Then I use those: Wise Disk Cleaner, Wise Program Uninstaller, Wise Registry Cleaner.

TCP Optimizer to keep network running smoothly and without lagging.

And lastly Driver Easy to make sure, I am not missing any drivers.

TairikuOkami, Jan 21, 2017
  7. Steve C Win User
    I recommend Autoruns (see Autoruns for Windows) to check what 3rd party programs, services and drivers are loaded on startup. I expect you will find a lot of bloatware which can be safely disabled resulting in performance and reliability improvements. I also use CCleaner to remove temporary files and similar and to delete unneeded restore points.

Steve C, Jan 22, 2017
  8. swarfega Win User

I can recommend ccleaner. Been using it for years. You need to go through the options it provides and disable the items you don't wan't cleaning.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Tune up utils? - Similar Threads - Tune utils

2. Error at installing Intel Extreme Tuning Utility 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error at installing Intel Extreme Tuning Utility 0x80070643: Hello,I recently did a format of my PC, I do one annually and I have a list of applications that I have been installing since I got this build. One of them is Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, but this time I have had for the first time a problem, if not several related to...
  3. Error at installing Intel Extreme Tuning Utility 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error at installing Intel Extreme Tuning Utility 0x80070643: Hello,I recently did a format of my PC, I do one annually and I have a list of applications that I have been installing since I got this build. One of them is Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, but this time I have had for the first time a problem, if not several related to...
  4. Error at installing Intel Extreme Tuning Utility 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Tune-Up Utility?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tune-Up Utility?: Hi, I'm looking for a good tune-up utility, is Wise Care 365 Pro any good or Glary Utilities Pro, or maybe any other recommendations? I prefer it not to be free as I think free stuff comes with questions, why would anyone give free stuff and not get anything in return. 182602
  6. Does anyone still use tune up utilities like CCleaner?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Does anyone still use tune up utilities like CCleaner?: Does CCleaner still do a better job than Windows cleanup tools? 174418
  7. Intel Extreme Tuning Utility Setup Failed error: 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Intel Extreme Tuning Utility Setup Failed error: 0x80070643: I keep getting this error when I attempt to install XTU. I have had XTU installed on this PC before but later uninstalled. Now when I go to install XTU it gives me this error: https://imgur.com/a/WaXYAsS 0x80070643 - Fatal error during installation Btw I have tried the fix...
  8. Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU) runs on UWP now

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU) runs on UWP now: I installed Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility version 6.5.0.114 and I noticed that it installs Component drivers now! [img] What do you think about it? Component drivers used to cause me errors and run slower than just a service runs in the background. 130104
  9. Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU) runs on UWP now

in Windows 10 News
    Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU) runs on UWP now: I installed Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility version 6.5.0.114 and I noticed that it installs Component drivers now! [img] What do you think about it? Component drivers used to cause me errors and run slower than just a service runs in the background. 130104
  10. intel extreme tuning utility can't be installed-WIN10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    intel extreme tuning utility can't be installed-WIN10: Good Day All simply what is happening is the application [ intel extreme tuning utility ] not able to install itself in the system, when you start the installer, it will show you that it's loading and making the installation normal, and fine, after it finished the...